The NHL Lockout...does anyone REALLY CARE?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Oh...come now...you know Lemieux isn't going to go out like this...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by aesop
      I really need to see Lemieux one more year...Especially after the Pens went out and signed the Wrecking Ball to be his RW...
      I hear that bro...

I just feel fortunate that my sons and I got a chance to watch him (along with Pojo for 1 or 2 games) after he came back in '00....

I was overseas during the majority of his 1st stint....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

I was lucky to have spent way to much fucking money in the igloo way back when to see some games...went to school 45 minutes north of the city...during their heyday...

and those couple of games with Va...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Chris
          Roadie
          • Jan 2004

Pojo, I'm with you on the ability to win. I think as a fan most of us are accepting of a team rebuiding to become a winner. But when teams get into the constant process of letting all their talented players go because they can't afford them, that's a huge problem. Many of the teams in MLB are caught in that dangerous cycle. And I'm also with you that MLB is on a totally different level than hockey in the U.S.

With regard to the NBC T.V. contract. I heard that NBC has some oddball open agreement with the NHL where they only pay if they televise games. Apparantly the deal they signed stipulates they have the broadcast rights, but they can pick and choose the games they want to televise and they only have to pay when they show games. Supposedly, nobody really was bidding on the NHL broadcast rights so that's why NBC got the deal that they did. They were talking about the NBC contract on the radio which is where I heard about the details of the NBC contract, so forgive me if I'm a little off on the facts.
          Last edited by Chris; 12-30-2004, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

I'm in one of the craziest NHL towns there is. And I know some people that initially acted like it was the end of the world. But, like anything else, people are realizing that life goes on.

Me? I could give a fuck. Frankly, this is a great NFL season. And that's all I could ever give a fuck about.
            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

No...I heard the same things...NBC learned from ABC who was bitching about the games...and actually took the NHL off its schedule a few weekends...and still had to pay with the deal they signed...

NBC got a good deal...knowing that season games don't draw...

wonder how they play in the playoffs...or if they are still mostly all on Cable like last year...

Comment

• Bob_R
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

To end the year I'm drinking my morning coffee from my NJ Devils mug. Just thought I'd mention that here.

Secondly, I remember the strike of 1994-1995 was settled in very early January of 95. I'd say they've got about 10 more days or this season is kaput.

BTW, great thread guys. Interesting shit.

I think the NHL must have a salary cap. Preferably a hard cap.
                Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                  To end the year I'm drinking my morning coffee from my NJ Devils mug. Just thought I'd mention that here.
                  You didn't use New Jersey water, did you ???

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    You didn't use New Jersey water, did you ???

Filtered from the fridge.
                    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• aesop
                      Commando
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                      I was lucky to have spent way to much fucking money in the igloo way back when to see some games...went to school 45 minutes north of the city...during their heyday...

and those couple of games with Va...
                      Poj - Did you go to Grove City College? Do you still get to the Burgh to see any Pens games? It would be cool to meet some Army members down there for a game if and when they ever get back...Same to you Va...

...I'm pretty good at sneaking friends into the Igloo Club lol...A few years ago a friend and I spent the whole game partying with Marty Straka's girlfriend...While he scored 2 goals in the game...lmao!
                      Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• Full Bug
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

I miss it the most on Saturday nights watching Hockey Night In Canada, instead the station plays lame ass movies, but life goes on, I am enjoying watching the Junior Tournament though, GO CANADA!
                        Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Poj - Did you go to Grove City College? Do you still get to the Burgh to see any Pens games? It would be cool to meet some Army members down there for a game if and when they ever get back...Same to you Va...

...I'm pretty good at sneaking friends into the Igloo Club lol...A few years ago a friend and I spent the whole game partying with Marty Straka's girlfriend...While he scored 2 goals in the game...lmao!
                          Always amicable to a road trip, I can't speak for that bastard Pojo though....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
                            I miss it the most on Saturday nights watching Hockey Night In Canada, instead the station plays lame ass movies, but life goes on, I am enjoying watching the Junior Tournament though, GO CANADA!
                            Amen, as do I. I also miss Sabres play-by-play man Rick Jennerat though he called the Rochester Amerks game the other night!

Comment

• Chris
                              Roadie
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
                              Me too FB. Hopefully, they'll get an agreement and we'll have a short season. IMO the players have nothing to gain by losing the season so let's hope sanity prevails.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Grove City?...Good guess...but no...

I graduated from Slippery Rock with a Biology/Pre-physical therapy degree...

and spent many days at Grove City getting loaded with the many beautiful young ladies at GCC...fucking Slippery Rock being a fucking dry town because of their being ranked in the top 10 drinking schools in fucking Playboy...

lmfao...

Comment

Working...