Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's hockey and weed Saturday night time.

So shut the fuck up Bob Costas and get on with it.

Comment

• Hawks still playing like crap. Back to back penalties from Sharp and no production from Toews and Kane. Crawford needs to get back on his game too.
      Back to HawkeyTown for tomorrow night and they better show up.

Comment

• Back to Chicago and Da Cup will be in the building Monday night. The Hawks better play their asses off and finish...

Comment

• Originally posted by Take 'Em View Post
          Back to Chicago and Da Cup will be in the building Monday night. The Hawks better play their asses off and finish...

Shut out and Tampa done..........

Worst part about winning the cup is having that fucking weasel Garry Bettman touch it and hand it to Toews...

But I'll deal with that any day!!!!!!!

Comment

• All the best Marty!!!! Great career!

Martin St. Louis retires after 16 seasons

Thursday, 07.02.2015 / 3:11 PM / News

NHL.com

Martin St. Louis on Thursday announced his retirement from the NHL after 16 seasons.

St. Louis, who turned 40 on June 18, had 21 goals and 54 points in 74 games with the New York Rangers last season.

"I have been blessed to play for 16 years in the NHL; it has been an amazing ride," St. Louis said in a statement released by the Rangers. "I would like to thank the Tampa Bay Lightning and New York Rangers organizations and owners for providing me the opportunity to play the sport I love for so many years.

"I could have never played for so long or accomplished all that I have without the unwavering love and support from my wife, Heather, our three sons, Ryan, Lucas, and Mason, and my parents."

St. Louis had 391 goals and 1,033 points in 1,134 regular-season games. Prior to spending the past season-plus with the Rangers, St. Louis played parts of 13 seasons with the Lightning (2000-2014) and 69 games with the Calgary Flames (1998-2000).

The Flames took a chance on the 5-foot-8, 180-pound sniper by signing him to a contract on Feb. 18, 1998. He quickly became an inspiration to undersized and undrafted players looking to one day make an impact in the NHL.

St. Louis came to the Rangers in a midseason trade with the Lightning in March 2014. The move made sense since he lives in Connecticut and had always relished the opportunity to play for the Rangers.

After finishing the 2014-15 regular season with his lowest point total since 2001-02, St. Louis had a goal and seven points in 19 games in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

He became an unrestricted free agent July 1. The New York Post reported last month that the Rangers didn't intend to bring him back for his expected salary-cap charge for 2015-16; St. Louis had just finished a four-year contract with an average cap charge of $5.625 million, according to war-on-ice.com.

St. Louis averaged 16:30 of ice time during the playoffs. The Rangers lost to the Lightning in seven games in the 2015 Eastern Conference Final.

"As you get older, you always think about the following year, the next year," St. Louis said in June. "I've been blessed to play parts of two years [in New York] for a great organization. The opportunity to play for a Cup [in 2013-14] and one win away again this year … it's an experience I'll never forget."

St. Louis helped the Rangers to the Stanley Cup Final in 2014 and scored his 1,000th NHL point last season. One of the more memorable moments of the 2014 playoffs took place when St. Louis scored in a 3-1 Game 6 victory in the Eastern Conference Second Round against the Pittsburgh Penguins at Madison Square Garden three days day after his mother, France, died of a heart attack at the age of 63.

As replays of the goal were shown on the center-ice scoreboard, the MSG crowd began chanting, "Marty! Marty!"

The emotional moment occurred on Mother's Day, and served as a springboard for the Rangers to reach the Stanley Cup.

St. Louis played in seven NHL All-Star Games and was named All NHL First Team once and Second Team four times. He won the Art Ross Trophy as the League's leading scorer (2003-04 and 2012-13) twice (2004, 2013) and the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy, awarded for sportsmanship and gentlemanly play combined with a high standard of playing ability, on three occasions (2010, 2011, 2013).

Pavel Datsyuk
            ✔ ‎@Datsyuk13
            Congratulations to Martin St Louis! great player, phenomenal career! Thanks for making it a little easier to win the lady byng trophy now 

2:28 PM - 2 Jul 2015
            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Blackhawks' Patrick Kane accused of rape near Buffalo, NY:

Comment

• Wow . Just , wow . Unbelievable .

Comment

• It is. I agree. I think a woman accused him of being "rough" in the past. I dunno, these guys could have whatever they wanted if they're not being pampered arrogant assholes and stay out of shithole dives in Evans. But then rumor has it that he has a mural of himself in his Hamburg home...

Comment

• Man, the Sabres fans are gonna go nuckin' futs on the Shithawks when they come to town.

Comment

• Here in Arch Enemy country he may just get a shit storm of debris next time they tangle with the Blues .

Comment

• Big dirty shithawks!

shithawks.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by BITEYOASS View Post
                          Man, the Sabres fans are gonna go nuckin' futs on the Shithawks when they come to town.
                          The truth is that, like Rob Gronkowski, he was highly thought of here, or people took pride in the fact that he came out of South Buffalo to become one of the best in the NHL. It's rather stinging actually, even the douchebags at the SkyBar are sort of covering for him. I dunno what will happen this time. The last time he sorted of acted like an asshole here he punched a cab driver over .22 cents. People drove by his parents house and threw two dimes and two pennies on their lawn for weeks...

It's a bit more serious than booing the Blackhawks, and you're assuming he's going to play. I think a Russian LA King punched his wife or GF or something, and was roundly banned from playing for a long time after the Ray Rice scandal broke. We'll see if Pat Kane gets special rules or not...
                          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-09-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• What a circus this thing has turned into with the dipshit lawyer and the whole "Bag Hoax" fiasco. They are gonna close this case and no charges will be filed. Civil suit will follow and a settlement. Hopefully Kane can keep it in his pants and put the puck in the back of the new like his contract says..........

Comment

• I'm getting optimistic about the Red Wings season. Von can go preemptively go fuck himself! Anybody who was born & raised in Michigan and is not a Red Wings fan is just a total DICK in my opinion.

Although I'll give anyone from Michigan a pass if they don't want to be a Lions fan. LOL

Comment

• Was able to get some tix for the Blackhawks opener and Stanley Cup Banner raising tonight against the Rangers. Thank God Hockey season is back!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X