Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucky wilbury

Originally posted by Daves PA rental
    Couple things...

Mario Lemieux is the greates hockey player ever. Better than Gretzky. I saw them both play at the Boston Garden.

I cant understand how you guys can watch the NHL nowadays. Maybe if the Bruins didnt suck and if they had an old time hockey player that the Boston fans could like, I would feel different. Joe Thornton will never do it for me.

There were flashes of greatness last year with Thornton, but players today just dont seem to have the heart that they used to have. Maybe im just old. (im only 34)

I wish that I could tolerate the game the way it is played now, and I try to watch, but it is just so uninteresting. I envy you guys who still enjoy it.
    joe's playing better as of late and he would be doing better if they would start calling the penelties that people do to him. how many times have pelelties been called when he's been basically tackled? not many.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

LOL, you guys know me, you know I'd LOVE to agree with the sentiment that Lemieux was better than Gretzky....

But Bugger hit it right on the head....

Mario missed 3 years due to back surgeries and cancer, then another 3 years due to his retirement due to back problems...

There's just no way to say "what could have been"....

Had Mario been healthy those years, his numbers would have been very close to Wayne's....

And I've heard from many NHL players that although Wayne was more of a scorer, he couldn't touch Mario in terms of passing and 1-on-1 ability....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Hecubus
        Foot Soldier
        • Jan 2004

Bump....Because this belongs above the Anti-hockey thread.
        "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
        "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
        "Fuck you, Fluffy."
        "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
        "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
        "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
        "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
        "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
        "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Full Bug
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

You got that right bro, lol....
          Jeremy Roenick will be back tonite, he is still bitter about what happened a few days ago, the Leafs better keep him in check.....
          Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• lucky wilbury

it's got to be the panthers or the hurricanes

Report: NHL team approaches Winnipeg

TSN.ca Staff

1/17/2004

(TSN.ca) - The Winnipeg Sun is reporting that an unidentified NHL team has approached the City of Winnipeg about possible relocation.

Deputy mayor Don Vandal received a voice mail from a representative of an American-based club that is interested in potentially moving to Winnipeg. "They're asking 'How serious is Winnipeg, because we're in trouble," Vandal told the paper.

The reported team is not the Pittsburgh Penguins, a team that Vandal has courted in recent weeks, but he would confirm that it is a team that is not doing well financially.

Winnipeg hasn't had a team since the Jets left for Phoenix in 1996.

The news comes just after the Pittsburgh Penguins gave a firm 'Thanks, but no thanks,' to an invitation by the deputy mayor to move the team to Winnipeg.

Some diehard hockey fans said bring it on, while others said their passion for the league left town with the Jets when they moved to Phoenix and became the Coyotes in 1996.

Radio call-in shows, online chat groups and sports pundits jumped on the story, which had snowballed following the publication in the Sun of a letter Vandal wrote Penguins majority owner Mario Lemieux.

Comment

• Hecubus
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2004

I read that about Roenick today on ESPN.com

I can go either way on this one...
              I was leaning towards "shut up & play" until he got his dental work rearranged, now I'm not so sure.
              Either way, half of it has to be because he's playing under that pear Hitchcock.

SHARKS 2 AVS 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOO YAH!!!!

Take that Teemu.
              "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
              "Fuck you, Fluffy."
              "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
              "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
              "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

No, it won't be the Penguins....

The main issue with the Pens is funding for the new arena....

They are very close to approving slots in Pennsylvania, which will generate income to a new arena in Pittsburgh and a new convention center in Philly....

There was a PA congressman on FSN 'Burgh saying it should be approved in a matter of weeks....

Now what happens with the CBA, who knows....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• SilvioDante
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2004

Here is the first I had heard about it...

I was worried it might be my Predators. But we are in sixth place and moving up. Things are great now...
                  "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Yeah, Nashville's gonna be a tough team in the years to come....

It may very well be Carolina.... I remember Poj saying how much money they're losing, combined with their current payroll...

Comment

• Hecubus
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

OH YEAH!!! MY SHARKS ARE ROLLIN'

Just got done with a spankin of the Coyotes in the first of a home & home series. Gonna be a helluva game tomorrow nite.

All you naysayers....watch the fuck out!!
                      "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                      "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Hecubus
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jan 2004

Jagr for Anson Carter?

Seems pretty lopsided. And how about being traded to the Caps? Carter must be saying whoop de fucking do. Poor guy.
                        "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                        "N--- yeah."

Comment

• SilvioDante
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2004

I think it is great, I have tickets to see the Rangers next month and this will make it even better!!!
                          "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Hecubus
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jan 2004

9-1 tho last nite. OUCH!!!

They didn't add him for offense I know, but damn....
                            that was an arse kicking.
                            "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                            "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

It's been the same problem for the Rangers for a long, long time....

Lack of a decent defense....

And for a team that has Poti, Leetch, and Kasparaitis for D-men already, that's pretty sad....

But, ya know, it could also be linked to the inability of their forwards to chip in on the defensive end.....

Comment

• SilvioDante
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2004

Your right Va... and if they are expecting Dunham to bail them out every night they are sadly mistaken. Trust me I know. He is a good goalie, but he can no carry a team long. Look at my Preds now, they are rolling since the trade. I wouldn't give up Vokoun for anything right now.

Well, maybe not anything....

Comment

Working...