X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Now it's not only Lindros, but possibly Roenick as well...
    Now this toally hurts me to say but maybe Scott Stevens as well.

Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Hecubus
      Foot Soldier
      • Jan 2004

Nah...Stevens will be back. He's tougher than those 2 combined.
      "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
      "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
      "Fuck you, Fluffy."
      "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
      "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
      "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
      "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
      "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
      "N--- yeah."

Comment

• lucky wilbury

bondra goes to the sens for a prospect and a pick. i hope the sens implode.

Comment

• Bob_R
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hecubus
          Nah...Stevens will be back. He's tougher than those 2 combined.
          I hope you're right! And you are right on your second point.
          Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
            bondra goes to the sens for a prospect and a pick. i hope the sens implode.
            Bondra may be the most underrated player in the NHL...

True definition of a sniper....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• lucky wilbury

you know things aren't going well when the nhl launches a site like this: http://www.nhlcbanews.com/

Comment

• SilvioDante
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2004

I personally want to thank any and all Blackhawk fans, if there are any left, for Steve Sullivan. A hat-trick and and assist in his debut for the Preds!!

We might make the playoffs just yet....
                "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• BuzinBad

I just read this 3 pages and I can tell I won't be popular for the team I love but I love the NHL and can't stand the thought of not having hockey. The NHL needs to pull their head out and realize they can't live through a strike. Look what it did to baseball. And hockey doesn't have the fan base they had.

Anyway I am a Dallas Stars fan and while we are looking like we might not make the playoffs I still love every game. As much as it pains me to say yes Hecubus the Sharks are playing well. The whole time we were winning we could not gain ground because the Sharks are kicking ass as well. Pray for no strike!

Comment

• Hecubus
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SilvioDante
                    I personally want to thank any and all Blackhawk fans, if there are any left, for Steve Sullivan. A hat-trick and and assist in his debut for the Preds!!

We might make the playoffs just yet....
                    BAH!!!

An off nite for sure for my Sharkies....Redemption tonight against an easy mark....6-3 & out, baby.
                    "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                    "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                    "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                    "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                    "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Hecubus
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BuzinBad
                      I just read this 3 pages and I can tell I won't be popular for the team I love but I love the NHL and can't stand the thought of not having hockey. The NHL needs to pull their head out and realize they can't live through a strike. Look what it did to baseball. And hockey doesn't have the fan base they had.

Anyway I am a Dallas Stars fan and while we are looking like we might not make the playoffs I still love every game. As much as it pains me to say yes Hecubus the Sharks are playing well. The whole time we were winning we could not gain ground because the Sharks are kicking ass as well. Pray for no strike!
                      You & I are going to have some interesting conversations, bro. You fuckin' Stars fan you...or is it the Dallas SARS this year? Nyuk nyuk nyuk....

I concur on the CBA...they've gotta get it done. I can't be without my hockey...
                      "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                      "N--- yeah."

Comment

• lucky wilbury

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

Flyers acquire Zhamnov from Blackhawks

CHICAGO (AP) - The Philadelphia Flyers acquired center Alex Zhamnov from Chicago on Thursday for center Colin Fraser, defenseman Jim Vandermeer and a second-round pick in the June draft.

Zhamnov, 33, had back surgery early in the season and has missed 35 games. In 23 games, he had six goals and 12 assists.

"Alex Zhamnov is a real pro and a player who has given his heart and soul to the Blackhawks over the past eight seasons," Blackhawks general manager Bob Pulford said.

Fraser is playing for Red Deer in the junior Western Hockey League, while Vandermeer has split time between the Flyers and the Philadelphia Phantoms of the AHL. He has three goals in 23 games.

"We have acquired two players who we feel fit the direction we are going," Pulford said.

The Blackhawks, second to last in the 30-team NHL, also traded their leading scorer, Steve Sullivan, to Nashville on Monday for two second-round draft picks.

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Avalanche acquire Boughner from 'Canes

TSN.ca Staff

2/20/2004

The Colorado Avalanche have acquired defenceman Bob Boughner from the Carolina Hurricanes for Washington's third round draft pick and prospect Chris Bahen.

The 32-year-old blueliner has no goals and five assists with a -9 rating this season with Carolina. He will some defensive toughness to the Avalanche back line that boasts the offensive talents of Adam Foote, Rob Blake, Derek Morris and Martin Skoula.

Boughner was a second round draft pick by the Detroit Red Wings in 1989 but did not debut in the NHL until 1995-96 as a member of the Buffalo Sabres.

After stints in Nashville and Pittsburgh, the Windsor, Ontari native enjoyed his most productive offensive season with the Calgary Flames last season, scoring three goals and adding 14 assists.

Comment

• Hecubus
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jan 2004

Yup. I was waiting for things to start shifting around....

The Avs always try & pick someone up for insurance purposes....
                            "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                            "N--- yeah."

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Avs acquire Sauer; part with Skoula

TSN.ca Staff

2/21/2004

DENVER, Colo. - The Colorado Avalanche has acquired defenseman Kurt Sauer and a fourth round draft choice in the 2005 Entry Draft from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. In return, the Avalanche gave up the services of Martin Skoula.

"We are excited to add a defenseman of Kurt's size and ability to our roster," said Colorado Avalanche President and General Manager Pierre Lacroix. "At 23, Kurt is a young player already possessing over a year's worth of NHL regular season and playoff experience. We expect him to be a strong contributor on our blue line for many years to come."

Drafted by the Avalanche in the 3rd round (88th overall) in 2000, Sauer signed as a free agent with the Mighty Ducks in 2002.

In 55 games played with the Mighty Ducks this season, Sauer has notched one goal and four assists with 32 penalty minutes while logging an average of 16:53 in ice time. During his rookie campaign in 2002-03, Sauer collected a goal and two assists in 80 contests, including a goal and an assist in 21 playoff games.

Comment

• Bob_R
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Going to the NJ vs. Penguins game on March 17th. Got tix half price from the Cub Scouts. My oldest son and I are going.

VA Beach VH Fan: The Pens are sinking faster than the Titanic. What's going on?

Comment

Working...