X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

He had no intention of hurting him.

I guess sucker punching is his way of showing that.

Comment

• Hecubus
      Foot Soldier
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BuzinBad
      And after they put the game on...ESPN was making them say the F'n Tennis score. LIKE ANYONE THAT WATCHES HOCKEY GIVES A DAMN!

I missed the first 2 goals because they were playing tennis. I almost put my head through my TV! Actually had to listen to the game on the radio. My wife killed me when she walked in and saw me watching Tennis and listening to hockey. She said "I am not even going to ask."

Anyway I am sick about Sturm because I like playing teams at their best. Still got 2 games left with you. And after the shit Morrow pulled this next game in San Jose will be interesting.
      Yeah that was a tough break, pun intended. I think that Curtis Brown can fill a few holes because from what I have read he's a good all purpose player that they've been trying to get for a while now.

It's going to be a very interesting & tight stretch run...
      "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
      "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
      "Fuck you, Fluffy."
      "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
      "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
      "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
      "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
      "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
      "N--- yeah."

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

March 18, 2004

Bettman Believes Lockout Can Be Avoided

WASHINGTON (AP) -- With talk of a possible lockout that could substantially curtail or even cancel next season, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman believes a work stoppage can be avoided.

Bettman, speaking with reporters before the Rangers played the Capitals on Thursday, said the expiration of the collective bargaining agreement Sept. 15 gives the league and union an opportunity to fix the sport's problems.

``I view September of 2004 as an opportunity to go forward,'' Bettman said. ``I'm optimistic. At the right time, the union will want to reason together with us.''

Bettman said the league already has scheduled meetings with the NHL Players Association in April and May in an attempt to head off a possible lockout. He wants ``a rational and fair relationship between revenues and expenses.''

While repeatedly saying he wanted a deal with the union that reduced costs for teams, he declined to be more specific. He also ruled out any possible contraction.

``The word contraction does not exist in my or the NHL's vocabulary,'' he said. ``Any suggestion that the Capitals or any franchise is either moving or contracting is nothing more than unsubstantiated and irresponsible rumor mongering.''

On other topics:

-- Bettman said Todd Bertuzzi's attack on the Colorado Avalanche's Steve Moore last week was disturbing but shouldn't cause a rush to radically crack down on brawls.

``This wasn't a fight. This was an incident that crossed the line, and it was dealt with appropriately. Let's not overgeneralize. It was dealt with in a very strict and harsh way.''

-- Bettman thinks the league will be able to replace its expiring television contract with ABC and ESPN with a favorable deal.

-- He also planned to meet with Capitals owner Ted Leonsis, whom he suspended for a week and fined $100,000 for scuffling with a disgruntled fan. The commissioner praised Leonsis, saying: ``He has been a great owner for this franchise.''

-- In recent weeks, the Capitals and Rangers made multiple trades in an attempt to aggressively shed payroll, moves that Bettman applauded.

``With the uncertainty of next year, I think it was smart,'' he said.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
          Going to the NJ vs. Penguins game on March 17th. Got tix half price from the Cub Scouts. My oldest son and I are going.

VA Beach VH Fan: The Pens are sinking faster than the Titanic. What's going on?
          Hey bro, of course you get to see the Pens when they DON'T play well... They've really improved recently, then they go to Exit 16W and have absolutely no legs at all.... I think the Devils realized they couldn't fuck around the way the Pens were playing and took it to them early....

By the way hockey fans, the Pens have the 3RD most points in the NHL in the last month...

And, their power play is the BEST in the NHL since January.... Jackman was one of the main reasons for this... Christ, what a steal, thanks Full Bugger !!!

Not bad for a last place team, better hope they don't get Ovechkin, they could make some noise in the future, whenever they play again that is....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Full Bug
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

And, their power play is the BEST in the NHL since January.... Jackman was one of the main reasons for this... Christ, what a steal, thanks Full Bugger !!!
            Its only polite to throw a dying dog a bone, or in this case a dying penguin a fish.....
            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Yeah yeah yeah....

Have fun with Berehowsky, when he plays anyway...
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The Devils clinched a playoff spot with their win last night. Brodeur collected his 400th win. The youngest (31), fastest (735 games), and first with one team.

Also, Scott Stevens started skating Monday.
                Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Full Bug
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

I hate New Jersey, they are a royal pain in the ass come playoff time, seeing them knocked out first round would make my day......
                  Plus I could bug EVH about that forever......
                  Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Bob_R
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

LOL Bug! Yeah the Devils have only lost once in the 2nd Round and that was to our arch-rivals the Rangers. It seems like if you don't get them in the first round they reach the finals.
                    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Bob_R
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Check out this site guys: www.broadstreetbully.com

Comment

• Full Bug
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Thats a cool site, some good clips in there....

Comment

• Hecubus
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jan 2004

Fookin' a baybee!!!

My Sharkies clinched & are comin' after the Red Wings!!!

Fuckin' Red Wings....
                          "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                          "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                          "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                          "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                          "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                          "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                          "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                          "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                          "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Full Bug
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Toronto hosts the Sens tonite, its gonna be a war......

Comment

• Bob_R
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

If the Devils can beat the Isles this afternoon they'll be 2 points behind The Flyers with 3 games remaining for each team. A few weeks ago it seemed that there was no way that the Devs could catch them.

Comment

• Bob_R
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Devils won 3-2! Two points out of first

Bug, if the season ended today: Devils vs. Toronto in Round 1.

Comment

Working...