On The Pond -- The Army NHL Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gmoney

Who owns the Chiefs........OOOWNS.......OOOOWNS!!

Trade me right fuckin' now!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Damn, Souray and Aucoin both wind up and crank it up for 102.2 MPH....

Souray is having one hell of a year for the Habs....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• SilvioDante
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2004

What about that move my boy Kimmo put on in the breakaway contest??!!
        "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• ALinChainz
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Right before the drop of the puck starting the second period, Panama.

Gotta love a little classic VH with your hockey.

Comment

• Dave IS VH

Originally posted by ALinChainz
            Right before the drop of the puck starting the second period, Panama.

Gotta love a little classic VH with your hockey.
            I went to the game, and I was rocking out to that. LOL

Comment

• Golden AWe
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Daves PA rental
              Couple things...

Mario Lemieux is the greates hockey player ever. Better than Gretzky. I saw them both play at the Boston Garden.

My opinion is that Gretzky is the best player ever and Lemieux is the most gifted player ever...

My number one hero in hockey was a Bruin too...Number 77 Raymond Bourque...I'm so glad he finally got the Cup in Colorado...
              Originally posted by Cato
              Golden, why are you FAT?
              Originally posted by lesfunk
              Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

I think if Mario doesn't get cancer and doesn't have his back go out of whack, he may not have passed Wayne in points, but I think he definitely would be known as the most dominant player ever....

Let's not forget, Wayne was on a much better Oilers team for the majority of his career, giving himself many more scoring opportunities, while Mario's first several years were on lousy Pens teams... Right after the Pens won the 2 Cups, he gets hurt and eventually retired for 3 1/2 years....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Golden AWe
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Hasek out for the season

Canadian Press

2/10/2004

DETROIT (AP) - Detroit Red Wings goaltender Dominik Hasek is out for the rest of the season and playoffs because of a recurring groin injury.

``That's it for the season,'' Hasek said Tuesday. ``I cannot handle anymore. My groin, it cannot handle it. I hoped for two months it would get better every day. But it didn't get better, it got even worse last week''

The 39-year-old Hasek, who returned to the Wings this season after a one-year retirement, has played just 14 games this season because of injuries. His record is 8-3-2 with a 2.20 goals-against average and .907 save percentage.

Hasek's absence leaves the goaltending duties to Curtis Joseph and Manny Legace.

Hasek does hope to play again after this season.

``He really feels that he needs an extended period of time to give the groin a chance to heal,'' Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said from the NHL meetings in Henderson, Nev.
                  ``I think in the summertime he's going to decide whether he wants to officially retire,'' he added.

Hasek retired after Detroit won the 2002 Stanley Cup, and the Red Wings signed Joseph, a former Toronto Maple Leaf who was a free agent, to replace him.
                  But after the Red Wings were swept in the first round of the playoffs last year, the six-time Vezina Trophy winner and two-time league MVP came back.
                  Suddenly three was a crowd and the team tried to trade Joseph. But no team wanted to take Joseph and his $8-million US contract.
                  When Hasek was healthy, Detroit put Joseph on waivers and sent him to its AHL team in Grand Rapids twice.
                  Joseph, who has played well at times in Hasek's absence, has another year remaining on his contract.
                  ``We're very, very lucky that he's been a real pro through this,'' Holland said. ``And luckily for us that nobody claimed him.''

Hasek is making $6 million this season.
                  Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• Golden AWe
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Brain injury advocate to Lindros: quit

TSN.ca Staff

2/10/2004

An Albany-based attorney who leads an advocacy group for victims of brain injuries says Eric Lindros should not be allowed to play hockey again.
                    Michael Kaplen, the president of the Brain Injury Association of New York, says sports concussions and brain injuries in particular are underappreciated.

"How can I say... 'Retire him?' How do I have the nerve?" Kaplen tells the Daily News. "My answer is that I've seen thousands who have had the same injury and went back to play and had tragic consequences."

Two leading researchers in the field of sports-related concussions don't necessarily agree with Kaplen's conclusions.

"In my opinion, I don't think the actual number of concussions really is an issue," said Dr. Ira Casson, who is a member of the NFL's subcommittee on brain injury.

"I know that there are many people in the field who would probably think otherwise. I don't know what their number is, but they would probably say once you get to a certain number, you probably should stop."

Dr. Mark Lovell of the University of Pittsburgh, who has designed testing programs for both the NFL and NHL, agrees that there is no magic number. He says frequency of concussions and diminished resistance to lesser blows are key factors in determining whether a player should be permitted to return.

Lovell says since 25 months have passed between concussions for Lindros and the fact that a forceful blow was required to cause the latest one are potentially encouraging signs.

Lindros is currently recovering from his eighth documented concussion after he was bodychecked by Washington defenceman Jason Doig two weeks ago. He is currently under the care of noted neurologist Dr. Karen Johston.
                    Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• Hecubus
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

OK....

The Lindros thing is a no-brainer.........pun intended.

The Hasek thing....what a waste after the guy stirs up the biggest shit storm in Detroit this side of Barry Sanders retiring.....

Good for CuJo to feel some stability again....even if it ain't in his creaky old bones!!
                      "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                      "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                      "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                      "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                      "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                      "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                      "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                      "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                      "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Now it's not only Lindros, but possibly Roenick as well...

He's now had 9 concussions....

Comment

• Hecubus
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jan 2004

And these days Roenick is the heart & soul of the Flyers. It's like he's been reborn.

It'll be interesting to see how they do tonite when my Sharks roll into town. Big brother Primeau still ailing? Little bro's on a tear....
                          "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                          "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                          "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                          "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                          "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Hecubus
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jan 2004

He scored on that breakaway, by the way.....
                            "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                            "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Yeah sure, now the fucker scores....

Wayne Primeau scored as much when he played for the Pens as Wayne Campbell....

Party on Wayne !!!!

Comment

• Hecubus
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Jan 2004

Ever see that fight between him & his brother? Good stuff. I hear their mom chewed their asses afterwards & made them promise to never do it again...
                                "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                                "N--- yeah."

Comment

Working...