X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Cotto-Alvarez is being talked about a lot this week...............
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

If anyone gets the chance to watch Nonito Donaire-Vic Darchinian this weekend, do: it should be a cracker.

Even though he's coming off a loss, I suspect Donaire has too much in every department for Vic.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Epic finish from Donaire, but he looked a much poorer version of his former self tonight. He's gotten old quickly.........

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

I was somewhat surprised at the scorecards at the time of the KO. Two of the judges had it Darchinian's way by more than 2 points. Basically had Vic just lost the last 2 rounds 10-9 he would have won the fight.
          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Vic was certainly winning - Donaire looked gunshy and hesitant for some reason - but I think the judges were a little out.....

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Another easy night's work for Andre Ward last night..........

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Yeah I saw that , I watched degale last night , not sure what to think . He looks fast and sharpe and then just the middle rounds was meh
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Degale has everything except the focus. And that frustrates the shit out of me.

I expect that they'll be aiming to get him a title fight with Sakio Bika (WBC). He's certainly the most beatable of the current 168 champs, but he's still a hard, hard night work for Degale.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

In other news, Haye-Fury is off - Haye has had shoulder surgery and being advised to retire. Sad - it would have been great to see Fury KO'd.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Yeah ... Tiresome Furry is a big tit

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                        Veteran
                        • Jun 2005

Okay, so i don't give two shits about Pacman vs Rios this weekend. The undercard looks dull as hell. What i would like to see if the Froch vs Groves fight this weekend but it is listed as being on AWE? Anyone know what this is?
                        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

No idea what that is but I am looking forward to froch groves . Should be interesting .

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Ok , convincing stoppage wins for froch and PAC .
                            It's like that and that's the way that it is .... Huh

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

The binnie breakdown: Manny Pacquiao - Brandon Rios.

Expect fireworks. Both guys come to fight and love to trade. There is plenty of 'hype' around this fight surrounding the 'fact' that Pacman is on the slide (as 'proven' by his brutal KO stoppage to JMM). Well, JMM has a) long been one of the best fighters in the world; and b) long had Pacquiao's number. So the KO might not tell us that much. What we do know is that Pacquiao looks at his best against guys he can hit easily and repeatedly. Rios will be one of those guys. Add into the mix that he is naturally smaller that Pacquio, untested at the new weight class, and stepping up in level of opposition and it is hard to avoid the conclusion that unless Pacman is careless and Rios lands a lucky shot, it's going to be a Pacquiao stoppage. Lets say round 5-7.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

The binnie Breakdown: Carl Froch vs George Groves

Well, they don't like each other. I for one can't remember ever seeing Froch this wound up for a fight, and Groves has easily won the mental game. I smell an upset here, even though all of the evidence is against one. Groves is untested at this level, doesn't have the power to stop Froch, and isn't a busy enough fighter to steel rounds from him. But, he is a crafty fighter, and a slightly quicker one than Froch, who looks at his best against guys who come straight at him for a scrap. Groves, a natural counter-puncher won't do that, and whilst he's not as slick as Dirrell (who should have got the win over Froch) or Ward (who did:easily), he has the potential to be a style nightmare for him. Froch will keep coming all night, and he'll have his moment, but I just wonder if Groves can edge it through awkwardness.

Fuck it: Groves by UD.

Comment

Working...