• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
    We're dreaming though, it won't happen.
    You are right. All we can do in the U.S. is dream about days gone by when we had a great American HW to offer. What used to be an ocean of talent that dominated the division from its inception has now turned into a barren wasteland.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

That's true. But when was the last great American heavyweight in his prime?

You've got to go back over 10 years to Evander. What the hell went wrong?
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

Wish i knew. I will have to defer to Larry Merchant for something philisophical.

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

Just re-watched the Foreman-Norton event. Ken says some interesting things here. As a person that grew up fighting and worked security many years I found it interesting. Link to the bout after that. Ali knew that the fight started when the fight started.

Last edited by SunisinuS; 07-18-2011, 10:58 PM. Reason: 5:45 where it starts the fat lady singing.
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
            Veteran
            • Jun 2005

Any thoughts or predictions on the big fight coming up this weekend?

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

I think Khan will win. Probably on points.

Judah certainly has the capacity to stun him. He as fast as anyone, and has genuine KO power. Amir's 'glass jaw' is exaggerated, but even his biggest fan would have to admit that his durability is a vulnerability. So Judah can win, and win dramatically. Indeed, with Pernell in his corner, he seems a more focussed, a more invigorated, and a more ellusive Judah.

But in his previous two fights - as impressive as they were - he's not face anyone as fast, as relentless and as hungry as Khan. The longer it goes, the better for Amir. Khan on points.

(There's a reason Team Khan took Judah over Bradley - and it's not because Bradley wanted more money.)

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

I should add to that. Judah is one of the most gifted fighters of his generation, at least physically.

But mentally, he's never delivered.

He's lucky the fight with Mosely never happened, because Shane would have battered him.

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                  Any thoughts or predictions on the big fight coming up this weekend?
                  Agree with Bin, probably Khan on points unless Judah pulls off something dramatic early.

Any thoughts on the upcoming Mayweather-Ortiz fight? Ortiz hits hard, but like Judah cracks under pressure. And Floyd is not going to be there for him to hit. My prediction: Floyd potshots him all night, and once it gets to the later rounds and Vic sees his eyes are swelling up, he won't answer the bell...AGAIN.

To be honest, though I think he's good, I kinda lost a little respect for Ortiz the night he did that. He wasn't getting KILLED, the swelling on his eye was not that bad and he wasn't even cut - he just didn't like the fact he was getting HIT. And Floyd WILL be able to hit him - at will, all night....
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Mayweather-Ortiz might be a little more difficult than expected. I'm not sure Floyd ever has 'ring rust', but he's been out for a while and is coming back against a southpaw - never easy. Maybe the first couple of rounds could be interesting.

As soon as Floyd adjusts, however, I expect a wide UD. Ortiz will touch the canvass a couple of times, too, as his balance is a work in progress. I don't think he'll quit, though - he's in the fight of his life, and has nothing to lose. His career can only progress, win or lose.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                      Veteran
                      • Jun 2005

I'm down with Kahn by UD as well. I think it might be one of those fights where Judah has a lot of good rounds but i think Judah may get knocked down a couple of times and get tired as the fight goes on. I wouldn't be surprised if Judah wins the first half of the fight and then Kahn wins the second half with the additional knock down points on his side. If Judah gets a flash knockdown on Amir it could be close.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                        Veteran
                        • Jun 2005

As for Mayweather - Ortiz, i am not going to believe it will be close until i see it with my own eyes.

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                          As for Mayweather - Ortiz, i am not going to believe it will be close until i see it with my own eyes.
                          Meaning you think Floyd will make short work of him, or vice versa?
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Meaning Floyd will dance around him, make him miss and make him pay, I think.

I think the first three rounds could be bumpy (by Floyd standards).

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

I don't want to come across as too hard on Judah. He has the speed, power and skills to beat Khan, and if he comes in focussed and primed he's the better fighter. But that 'if' has always dogged Judah, and that's why Roach took the fight.

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                                Meaning Floyd will dance around him, make him miss and make him pay, I think.

I think the first three rounds could be bumpy (by Floyd standards).

That's kinda what I think...he's got way more heart (and hand-speed) than Vic does, and vastly better skills overall.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...