X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

The reason Ortiz isn't screaming blue murder is because he quit. Sure, those shots from Floyd hurt him, but could have gotten up and had the minute between rounds to clear his head. He realized he was a loser and threw in the towel.

Don't think Pac-May is likely to happen any time soon. Mayweather-Khan is heating up................
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
      The reason Ortiz isn't screaming blue murder is because he quit. Sure, those shots from Floyd hurt him, but could have gotten up and had the minute between rounds to clear his head. He realized he was a loser and threw in the towel.

Don't think Pac-May is likely to happen any time soon. Mayweather-Khan is heating up................
      Agree, he was a little too OK with the knockout, but like I said, I think he knows he deserved it. Also agree even if they'd deducted a point from Floyd for that, given him a minute to regain his composure and resumed, he would've gotten knocked the F out AGAIN sooner or later. It was inevitable the way Floyd was teeing off on him at will. LOVED seeing Floyd come out as aggressive as he did, though. Betcha Manny took notice of THAT if he was watching or has since seen it...

It'll be a shame if the May-Pac fight doesn't happen, it's what EVERYONE who likes boxing even a little bit wants to see (and it's back to getting hyped beyond belief again). However, a Floyd-Khan fight could be interesting...more of a match speed-wise, though I think Floyd is a hair faster - and WAY more accurate with his punches. Plus seems Floyd can take a punch better than Khan from what we've seen. Still, could be exciting to watch, but bet Floyd beats him if not by KO than by UD.

I maintain Floyd will mop the floor with a non-juiced Manny, too. IMO love him or hate him Floyd is currently THE best P4P fighter in the world...but anybody NOT think Manny is at least on HGH? Has anyone else in the history of the sport gained close to 50lbs that quickly, gotten seemingly faster and been able to knock out dudes normally walking around at that weight? I can't think of any...it doesn't seem humanly possible.

But I saw something this morning on the way to work suggesting Manny is agreeing to take the Olympic-style random testing (which'd mean training full-time in the US this time), so if that's true let's see what develops....
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Seems that even Olympic boxing is fixed.

A BBC Newsnight investigation uncovers evidence of secret payments from an Azerbaijani to boxing organisers, which whistleblowers allege is part of a deal to secure two gold medals at London 2012.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I had no idea the level of corruption that exists in the International Olympic Committee. The stuff that went on leading up to the Utah winter games was unreal. Basically you bribe them with money, free scholarships, whores. Lot's of whores. Expensive dinners and booze. Then they tell you what you are going to do and treat you like shit.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Originally posted by jhale667
            Agree, he was a little too OK with the knockout, but like I said, I think he knows he deserved it. Also agree even if they'd deducted a point from Floyd for that, given him a minute to regain his composure and resumed, he would've gotten knocked the F out AGAIN sooner or later. It was inevitable the way Floyd was teeing off on him at will. LOVED seeing Floyd come out as aggressive as he did, though. Betcha Manny took notice of THAT if he was watching or has since seen it...

It'll be a shame if the May-Pac fight doesn't happen, it's what EVERYONE who likes boxing even a little bit wants to see (and it's back to getting hyped beyond belief again). However, a Floyd-Khan fight could be interesting...more of a match speed-wise, though I think Floyd is a hair faster - and WAY more accurate with his punches. Plus seems Floyd can take a punch better than Khan from what we've seen. Still, could be exciting to watch, but bet Floyd beats him if not by KO than by UD.

I maintain Floyd will mop the floor with a non-juiced Manny, too. IMO love him or hate him Floyd is currently THE best P4P fighter in the world...but anybody NOT think Manny is at least on HGH? Has anyone else in the history of the sport gained close to 50lbs that quickly, gotten seemingly faster and been able to knock out dudes normally walking around at that weight? I can't think of any...it doesn't seem humanly possible.

But I saw something this morning on the way to work suggesting Manny is agreeing to take the Olympic-style random testing (which'd mean training full-time in the US this time), so if that's true let's see what develops....
            I think Khan-Mayweather could be interesting. Despite the fact he's at 140, I actually think Khan is the bigger guy. He's probably have a height and reach advantage, and his jab is excellent - maybe that gives him a good chance.

The problem is that his defense is shokcing: Mayweather could land at will. Add into that we don't know what effect 7lbs extra will have on Khan - it might slow him down a bit.

In terms of speed, I'd say Mayweather has the edge - he certainly does in accuracy and punch picking. Manny probably has faster hands than Floyd; not sure about feet. But Manny swarms and tends to leap in, which is why JMM has so much success against him.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              I had no idea the level of corruption that exists in the International Olympic Committee. The stuff that went on leading up to the Utah winter games was unreal. Basically you bribe them with money, free scholarships, whores. Lot's of whores. Expensive dinners and booze. Then they tell you what you are going to do and treat you like shit.
              We were told it had all been cleaned up since Salt Lake City though.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

The reason boxing is so easy to fix is because you only really have to bribe one person (as opposed to team sports) to ensure that the result you want is secured. What surprises me about the amateur stuff is how far up the ladder it can go.

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Interesting...Teddy Atlas theorizes Ortiz used the headbutt as a way to get OUT of the fight...

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="display:block;margin:0" width="416" height="427" data="http://www.kyte.tv/f/"><param name="movie" value="http://www.kyte.tv/f/" /><param name="flashVars" value="p=1755&c=465575&l=234368&s=1489878&tbid=283 " /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /></object>

He makes some valid points...oh, and I saw Vic A) Pimping his new underwear line (?) and B) NOW starting with the "Floyd's no champion/I want a rematch" bit on TMZ yesterday...
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

He doesn't want a rematch. He didn't even want to be in that fight after 3 rounds.

Ortiz should be thinking about Mosely - given Shane's age, he might be able to win that fight.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Martinez mailed in a victory last night. He KO'd Darren Barker in the 11th.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                        He doesn't want a rematch. He didn't even want to be in that fight after 3 rounds.

Ortiz should be thinking about Mosely - given Shane's age, he might be able to win that fight.

Martinez mailed in a victory last night. He KO'd Darren Barker in the 11th.

Agree Ortiz knows deep down a rematch is gonna end the same if not worse for him. He's talking like he wants one right now, but he's also trying to pimp his underwear line.

The Martinez fight was interesting last night in that Sergio looked frustrated for most of the fight.He finally dropped Barker, but his style gave him trouble for a bit...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Bhop - Chad Dawson tonight.

My head tells me that Dawson should win this: he's bigger, has a reach advantage, is younger, faster and has excellent footwork and combo punching.

But Bhop will win. I don't know why, and I don't know how, but he will. My guy feeling is he'll keep it on the inside and make it ugly.

Dawson is the 175lbs Zab Judah - all the tools but not the mental strength.

Comment

• stihlraiser
                            Roth Army Recruit
                            • Apr 2010

not familiar with either man??

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

What an incredible joke of a fucking fight...

I'm seriously glad I don't pay for these fucking idiot pay-per-views...the undercard was good...but after the fiasco of a headlining bout...it all goes for naught.

Boxing needs a weekly or bi-weekly...or fuck...even a monthly deal with a major network, in which they have one card that has quality fights with known boxers. PPV is just fucking killing boxing...or already killed it.
                              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Boxing in general has become a joke. Has been a joke for a lot of years, other than the great fights that are all too few and far between anymore. It's no wonder the MMA stuff is blowing them away.

Comment

Working...