X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jhale667
    There's that, but both fighters have made short work out of opponents the other has taken longer with (Hatton, for example) or like the case of JMM - Manny struggles with him, and Floyd made him look like a dumbass. Manny's touted as the greatest P4P right now, but (unlike Floyd) he's not... sure, Floyd stands to lose his undefeated record, possibly on a flash knockdown/out - Manny stands a way better chance of getting completely humiliated for 12 rounds IMO...
    I think it will be closer than manny getting humiliated for 12 rounds ..... or i hope so or thats gonna be a major disapointment
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Originally posted by jhale667
      There's that, but both fighters have made short work out of opponents the other has taken longer with (Hatton, for example) or like the case of JMM - Manny struggles with him, and Floyd made him look like a dumbass. Manny's touted as the greatest P4P right now, but (unlike Floyd) he's not... sure, Floyd stands to lose his undefeated record, possibly on a flash knockdown/out - Manny stands a way better chance of getting completely humiliated for 12 rounds IMO...
      We can go back and forth about this all day, but in reality it's all about the fighter's teams than the fighters themselves.
      At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'd say the biggest problem is Arum.

Rumour at the moment is that Pacman will take on Timothy Bradley (who's never founght at 147); and Mayweather will take on Cotto.

Bradley is a good champ, and I have a lot of respect for him. But he's not even proven himself to be the best at 140, let alone done anything at 147. Like Pacman, he's relentless - if he comes to fight, we're in for a good show. But he has very little punching power, so it's zero danger for Manny in regards to losing. Given Bradley willingness to headbutt, however, I expect Manny will get cut (which only delays a future Mayweather showdown).

Cotto is Cotto: but he needs a guy to stand in front of him. His defence is also piss-poor (opponents usually connect with almost 50% of their shots!), and Floyd will pick him to pieces.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

This will make you happy Binnie.

Miguel Cotto has turned down Pacquiao Fight at 147 saying " I will not sacrifice my body again for the benefit of another boxer. It won't happen at 147 pounds."
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

This makes me very happy - the last fight was at 145lbs, I think.

I'm sure that making weight weakened Cotto, but he was just out-classed to be honest. Piss-poor defence + opponent who throws 100 punches per round = pizza face.

This obviously means he'll only fight Floyd above 147. It'll be a catch weight, I imagine.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by binnie
            This makes me very happy - the last fight was at 145lbs, I think.

I'm sure that making weight weakened Cotto, but he was just out-classed to be honest. Piss-poor defence + opponent who throws 100 punches per round = pizza face.

This obviously means he'll only fight Floyd above 147. It'll be a catch weight, I imagine.
            pizza face like it

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Mayweather beats Miguel Cotto every time at whatever weight.The only thing's Cotto will get from fighting Floyd is a big pay day and a serious beating.I know Cotto is not scared of challenging himself,but against Floyd he only has a punchers chance

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                Mayweather beats Miguel Cotto every time at whatever weight.The only thing's Cotto will get from fighting Floyd is a big pay day and a serious beating.I know Cotto is not scared of challenging himself,but against Floyd he only has a punchers chance
                Cotto is a powerful fighter and as such he could threaten mayweather with his body shots but with mayweathers speed i think cotto would get picked to pieces IMHO

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                  ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

It would end up being like Mayweather Hatton

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

It would end up being like Mayweather Hatton
                    Yeah i totally get were your coming from with the similarities

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur
                      Yeah i totally get were your coming from with the similarities
                      I remember getting all caught up thinking Hatton would take Mayweather by cutting off the ring and destroying the body,Pressure Floyd against the ropes and let rip but Floyd is dam hard to catch,and when you do corner him you cant hit the guy.I like Cotto and he has heart but Floyd is just too good.Any day,any time,any year and any weight Floyd would take Cotto

Here we go into fantasy land again. a better fight would be Hatton Cotto at 140
                      Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 01-26-2012, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

I remember getting all caught up thinking Hatton would take Mayweather by cutting off the ring and destroying the body,Pressure Floyd against the ropes and let rip but Floyd is dam hard to catch,and when you do corner him you cant hit the guy.I like Cotto and he has heart but Floyd is just too good.Any day,any time,any year and any weight Floyd would take Cotto

Here we go into fantasy land again. a better fight would be Hatton Cotto at 140
                        hatton cotto would have been a war

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Cotto doesn't use his body work that much anymore, and to be honest his jab just isn't good enough to phase Floyd.

I don't see it being much like Hatton-Mayweather: Hatton was a relentless come forward fighter who liked to work inside, Cotto is more of a boxer/puncher.

Floyd pot-shots him all night, and goes to the body a lot (because Cotto is WAY open there most of the time).

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Floyd will destroy Cotto, sorry.
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

In other news

Shane Mosley has been approached about potential fights with Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Amir Khan.He says "They offered me a fight with Canelo and I was like, 'Yeah, I'll take it,'" Mosley said. "Then they came back to me and said, 'What about Amir Khan?'"

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

In other news

Shane Mosley has been approached about potential fights with Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Amir Khan.He says "They offered me a fight with Canelo and I was like, 'Yeah, I'll take it,'" Mosley said. "Then they came back to me and said, 'What about Amir Khan?'"
                                Khan needs to get this re match on with peterson and stop moaning about it and sort it in the ring

Comment

Working...