X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

My fav game , we need beer , vh on the jukebox and a late licence cos this could take alllll night ....

I might be wrong with this but the punch that foreman threw that lifted Fraiser off the floor with is officially the biggest bang that never dropped from a B52......lol
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Foreman hit like a freak, for sure. So did Tyson.

The right hand that Marciano took Jersey Joe Walcot with was un-real, but I think the hardest punch I can think of was the one that Earnie Shavers put Larry Holmes down with.

NO-ONE hit like Shavers.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by binnie
        I love this game. I've said over and over that the sheer size of the Klits makes them hard work for anyone. But how would they deal with the speed, power and relentlessness of the 1988 Mike Tyson? God only knows.

Even one of the forgotten heavys of the '80s - Tony Tucker, Pinklon Thomas, Bonecrusher Smith - would be a step up for the Klits opposition (not saying those guys would win).
        I think even in his prime Tyson would struggle mightily with a prime Vitali. As far back as August of 1987 (Tony "TNT" Tucker) Tyson struggled with big fighters who weren't afraid of him. They say one thing that makes boxing dangerous for old fighters is that the last thing they lose is their chin, allowing them to get punished when they are overmatched. If this is true then Tyson could have been knocked out all along by someone like Vitali or Lennox.
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

I think prime tyson would beat lewis .... am talking tyson when he had movement and didnt rely just on power ( or spent years in jail)....vitali ... am not sure i think he would beat him but i think vitali has a chin ... lewis got knocked out off piss poor fighters (maybe am being harsh here lol) .. yeah he didnt prepare but when it mattered he got knocked out ...
          I dont buy the pub punter argument that lewis beat tyson ... i could beat ali now ( providing he wasnt looking and i got the jump) but it dont make me the greatest he beat a washed up champion .

Tho i do concede once tyson stopped moving and got lazy ... shite management etc and became easy to hit and lost the intimidation value the game was up ..... Ive watched him and he didnt have the heart ... ...done run out of gas to quote someone famouse ;-)

hands up tho aint seen many shaver fights so gonna check utube .

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

off at a tangent ...one of the many things i love about the army apart form the cvh/dlr stuff........fuck there are some well informed,know their stuff members when it comes to boxing .. hats off to binnie , dave's bitch and gbranton you totally know ya shit !!!

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur
              off at a tangent ...one of the many things i love about the army apart form the cvh/dlr stuff........fuck there are some well informed,know their stuff members when it comes to boxing .. hats off to binnie , dave's bitch and gbranton you totally know ya shit !!!
              I have found much to love here as well. I never thought I'd be discussing golf or boxing here at RA, but here I am.

I'm not sure that I know a lot, but I have been watching the sport a long time, probably over 40 years and I have some off the wall opinions and wild harebrained-assed theories about things.

Case in point: I think Tommy Morrison had a savage left hook and if he were able to land it could have knocked out almost anyone with it.

Last edited by gbranton; 02-24-2012, 07:26 PM.
              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

thats a monster punch

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  thats a monster punch
                  Keep in mind Tyson couldn't point Ruddock's toes at the roof like that with his best shot.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

funny you say that i was gonna say tyson had a great left hook himself ...tho i do agreee a left like that would put any body down if it connected ...think by the time morrison fought ruddock , ruddock had been beat a few times .. thats not taklng any thing away from the knock down.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

It's just a shame that Morrison couldn't take it quite as well as he could dish it out.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

A good shot is a good shot. The right hand that Lewis starched Ruddock with was a peach, too.

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                          It's just a shame that Morrison couldn't take it quite as well as he could dish it out.
                          Yeah feel free to unload on the rest of his skills, his character or his smarts but you can't deny that when he climbed in the ring something exciting was gonna happen. Most of the time he either KTFO'd somebody or got KTFO'd, but it was always spectacular. I figure we will read his obit in the next couple of years from AIDS or drug abuse.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

didnt he keep trying to say he didnt have it any more or he never had it in the first place or some crazy shit

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

He was certainly exciting, in the way that most punchers are. But i think he was a little lazy - he relied on his power too much to really reach his potential.

Comment

• Sarge
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

The whole hoax about Tommy Morrison not having AIDS 3 years or so ago was complete BS! The guy actually fought with AIDS a few times before he was exposed as a fake.
                                I don't know if you have heard an interview with him lately, but drugs fried his brain...
                                ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                                The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                                [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

Working...