Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PlexiBrown
    Commando
    • Mar 2006

What was the last VH CD that Mike played on?
    And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      NONE of those guys can play or sing like they did in the glory years, maybe they should forgo any sort of pseudo-reunion...
      If Eddie's playing is like a couple years ago, what difference does it make what's going on on bass.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

All I was saying...is that

1. a lot of people say that Dave's voice sucks compared to 1984. And I do not agree.

2. not many people say that Mike's voice sucks compared to 1984. But, it does.

I argue that Mike's former background vocals are not a valid reason for Mike to be there now.

IMO, the only valid argument at this point is that its not CVH without all 4. And if that fact stops anyone from going to a show, thats their option. But, they are foolish to think that it won't sound the same because Mike's not there. It wouldn't sound the same WITH Mike there. They all sound different. Some sound better (Dave), some sound worse(Mike).

Here's another spin...For all we know, Wolf sounds more like Mike did in 1984 than Mike does now.

LOL.
        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• LstLkly2Succeed
          Groupie
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by diamondsgirl

Here's another spin...For all we know, Wolf sounds more like Mike did in 1984 than Mike does now.
          That's a nice thought....lets hope it's true! Haha, I told myself I wouldn't get excited over this...but here I am...anticipating a reunion without any news from the band members.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

~Oscar Wilde

Comment

• lonnieg5
            Roadie
            • Jul 2005

Man, Mike must have done something worse than hang out with Sammy for Ed to be sober and still be this pissed.

Any ideas?

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by lonnieg5
              Man, Mike must have done something worse than hang out with Sammy for Ed to be sober and still be this pissed.

Any ideas?
              I think Ed just needed an excuse to bump Mike to get Wolf in there. When Mike opened his mouth about Ed...there it was. His fate was sealed.
              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• cvh 2007
                Full On Cocktard
                • Jun 2007

this is the best news ive heard scince sammys butt lover wouldnt be in van halen.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2006

I think Ed just needed an excuse to bump Mike to get Wolf in there. When Mike opened his mouth about Ed...there it was. His fate was sealed.
                  That is part of it but I think that there is more to it than that.
                  And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• KING OF THE HIL
                    Groupie
                    • Mar 2004

In away i don't blame mike for holding out last tour he was payed a salary and was cut out of a lot of money . remember his interview
                    THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO PUT ICE TEA IN JACK DANIELS BOTTLES IS THE CLASH BABY

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                      thats my point

everyone mentions Dave's...but think somehow Mike will sound the same. Well, he doesn't. At all. His voice is flat and tired.

I only saw 2 clips of Mike's singing lately and I agree but my guess is it's from a lack of practice or no one kicking his ass to do his best.

I'm split due to the fact that if Dave's back it would be best to get Mike in there for the CVH thing 1 last time ..however..
                      if Ed's more inspired with the kid in there, he'll play better .
                      If Ed's playing is better, the Dave/Ed dynamic will be that much stronger. And Dave's voice won't be an issue if he's been practicing with these guys regularly since it will be in shape.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

This might sound odd but think about this: I don't think Mike showing up at the ceremony eariler this year and saying I love ya man to Ed after Ed trashed him six ways to Sunday helped his cause in the slightest.

you can't respect someone who kisses your ass...it just doesn't work. -Ferris B. : D

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

And another new rumour...

It means loads of booze again when the tour is officially announced, and... big loads once more when it's postponed one more fucking time.

Maybe there are way more chances to see VH reunited when they pay visit to Ed in rehab next time.

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• LstLkly2Succeed
                            Groupie
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                            And another new rumour...

It means loads of booze again when the tour is officially announced, and... big loads once more when it's postponed one more fucking time.

Maybe there are way more chances to see VH reunited when they pay visit to Ed in rehab next time.

Sadly this sometimes seems more possible than an actual reunion tour.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

~Oscar Wilde

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                              What was the last VH CD that Mike played on?
                              Possibly Baaaaaa-lance??

He didn't play a note on VDIII, even the sheep know that. Or the three failed Van Hagar songs from 2004.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

**Burrrrrrrp**
                                Last edited by FORD; 07-02-2007, 07:06 PM.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...