X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JMJ
    Groupie
    • Jul 2007

melodicrock says tour to start in september

Melodic News, Melodic CD Stores, Melodic Labels, MelodicRock Links, MelodicRockXtra, MelodicRock Records

taken from andrew...

VAN HALEN LOOKING AT 2007 LIVE DATES:
    So, the word has started to leak...Van Halen are setting up a tour for 2007 and should everything fall into place it will start sooner rather than later. David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Wolfgang Van Halen have gotten together and parties involved in all aspects of the Van Halen machine are mobilizing to get this tour set up. I can confirm dates and venues are being penciled in. There isn't much more I can say at this time, but safe to say should everything go to plan (and we all know how things can change with these guys), the band should hit the road for US dates starting in September.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

guess mike is out and wolf is in. one would think if september is a start date, tickets would be going on sale very soon, like this month

oh, hey max
  • KING OF THE HIL
    Groupie
    • Mar 2004

until we have a member of the band announce it its nothing but words
    THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO PUT ICE TEA IN JACK DANIELS BOTTLES IS THE CLASH BABY

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Re: melodicrock says tour to start in september

Originally posted by JMJ
      www.melodicrock.com

taken from andrew...

VAN HALEN LOOKING AT 2007 LIVE DATES:
      So, the word has started to leak...Van Halen are setting up a tour for 2007 and should everything fall into place it will start sooner rather than later. David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Wolfgang Van Halen have gotten together and parties involved in all aspects of the Van Halen machine are mobilizing to get this tour set up. I can confirm dates and venues are being penciled in. There isn't much more I can say at this time, but safe to say should everything go to plan (and we all know how things can change with these guys), the band should hit the road for US dates starting in September.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

guess mike is out and wolf is in. one would think if september is a start date, tickets would be going on sale very soon, like this month

oh, hey max

Holy friggin' moly!!! Mr. JMJ FINALLY posting here after all of these years?

Might I be the first to say welcome and I'm sooooo glad to have you here. You are BEYOND welcome and anyone who knows you as well as I do knows what a great addition you'd be posting here.

Seriously and despite what's been said over yonder, we're a bunch of rowdy motherfuckers but good people!!! You'll fit in perfectly!!!
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Also, one would have to be somewhat retarded to not realize that something's been brewing with VH, even when the tour was postponed. I've already stated it a gazillion times but Dave's silence speaks volumes.
        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• JMJ
          Groupie
          • Jul 2007

Re: Re: melodicrock says tour to start in september

Originally posted by MAX
          Holy friggin' moly!!! Mr. JMJ FINALLY posting here after all of these years?

Might I be the first to say welcome and I'm sooooo glad to have you here. You are BEYOND welcome and anyone who knows you as well as I do knows what a great addition you'd be posting here.

Seriously and despite what's been said over yonder, we're a bunch of rowdy motherfuckers but good people!!! You'll fit in perfectly!!!
          i said can ya hear me?!?!?!?!

hey max, that suit is you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Welcome JMJ !

Good onya mate !!

Wella Wella ! (As our old mate loons said)

- Pics of Dave on Janies website,
            - Tasmania declaring the tour is on..
            - Live Nation saying its all go...

Do we dare to believe ??
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• MAX
              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by KING OF THE HIL
              until we have a member of the band announce it its nothing but words
              Andrew's been wrong regarding a few things a few miles back but he's been right on the money regarding anything VH related over the last few years. Plus, he's a good bloke. Too many factors add up. Hence as to why I didn't lose too much sleep when the tour was originally postponed.

The website, Frankenstrat replica soundbites, a unified snubbing of the RNRHOF, Dave's silence, etc. Too many clues to think that something's brewing.
              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: melodicrock says tour to start in september

Originally posted by JMJ
                i said can ya hear me?!?!?!?!

hey max, that suit is you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Hahahahahaha!!!

Now everyone here is going to get a taste of our endless DLR rants!!!

Seriously and again, welcome the fuck aboard!!!
                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

I'd like to think that this is true, and I certianly think that something is brewing, but September isn't that far away.

Is is too soon to build up the hype and allow enough time for ticket sales?

Some bands these days announce torus nine months in advance...
                  The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Binnie,

The tour was already planned months ago, it was just postponed. I play guitar (not professionally) and it's not a hard task to crank out tunes that you've played a million times prior in one's life. You go on autopilot and can play them in your sleep. lol Hence, it's easier done than said for those guys to fire up those classics on all full cylinders than anyone thinks.

Fuck, when the chemistry's already there, they're good to go!!!
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Let's bring it!!!

Where's "Mikey?" pffffffft... Who cares?!?!?!?!? lmao
                      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Redballjets88
                        Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i dont know about that. september? i bought a ticket to a concert in september last week. so if this is true they better announce really soon in order to get the ticket sales going
                        R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• jero
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

The party is back

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                            Binnie,

The tour was already planned months ago, it was just postponed. I play guitar (not professionally) and it's not a hard task to crank out tunes that you've played a million times prior in one's life. You go on autopilot and can play them in your sleep. lol Hence, it's easier done than said for those guys to fire up those classics on all full cylinders than anyone thinks.

Fuck, when the chemistry's already there, they're good to go!!!
                            It's damn hard to remember old songs when 3/4 of your brain has been eaten because your lived on nothing else but Smoking Loon wine for years.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• JMJ
                              Groupie
                              • Jul 2007

1-tour was originally "postponed"
                              2-ed says in GW interview he, al, and wolf started rehearsing after 12 weeks off
                              3-rumors from jim koplick in CT say vh this fall
                              4-vh website updated for newsletter
                              5-dave ain't said jack shit
                              6- andrew now reporting rumors of fall tour

i mean if ya look at the damn timeline, seems imminent

question is, can they get it together? i ain't gettin over excited like last time though

i do not understand the september dates though. it's fuckin july already. a 4th of july announcement would be sweet

see ya mimbo

Comment

Working...