X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Okay, I'm sick of Farve, your sick of Farve, we're all sick of Farve...

but...

This guy finds a way, year in and year out, to make plays that leave you scratching your head both good, and bad...

How many times has that guy made a pass like that to win a game?

we all know that there is going to be a game in which it goes the other way...but damn...

You and I both know that Minnesota is FAR BETTER with him, and has a more than legit shot at the Super Bowl.

Oh, and Brett...choose the damn TV already...
    All of us Lions fans have been hating him ever since he started. I hope he flops this season and maybe the Lions will probably win at least 5 games.

Comment

• knuckleboner
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
      http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-fa...t-a-love-story

Here's another reason Brett Favre should stay retired this time: Turns out The Daily Line's Jenn Sterger has kept a ridiculously disturbing (but HILARIOUS) secret about her interactions with The Gunslinger while they were both part of the Jets organization.
      dude, this is a reason favre should keep playing. smart move. if the knuckleboner had jenn sterger's cell number, i'd definitely send her a shot of the little knuckler...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Tetraphobia, fear of the number 4 – (phonetically similar to "death") in Korea, China and Japan, as well as in many other East-Asian and some Southeast-Asian countries, it is not uncommon for buildings (including offices, apartments, hotels) to lack floors with the number 4, and Finnish mobile phone manufacturer Nokia's 1xxx-9xxx series of mobile phones does not include any model numbers beginning with a 4.

favre will never play in finland
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

A word of warning for the guys that have not gotten home from work yet: When you do get home, DO NOT turn on ESPN. Apparently there is one story today, and the channel is beating it to death...Brett Favre is on his way to training camp. Spare yourselves the hyperbole, as the coverage is wall to wall Favre, interviews with his teammates, interviews with fans, and a bunch of ex-jocks stumbling all over themselves to explain the "significance" of it all. Seriously, the channel is showing footage of him arriving at camp from last year.
          Last edited by chefcraig; 08-17-2010, 04:48 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• indeedido
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

Hooray!
            This space for rent.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Apr 2005

He's back !!! I'll Take him again. No way they win 11 or 12 game's again without him. Sorry Jackson. He probably won't be as good as last year but i'll take the entertainment value over win's if they suck this year !! Hope they can get a week off in the playoff's if they make them again. Then I think the Bowl could happen !!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Can someone fucking tell me why the fuck the Vikings are developing a real back-up to Favray? Anyone?
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

And you do have to wonder about this relationship with Childress....

You know...this year could be a fucking fiasco...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• High Life Man
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    You know...this year could be a fucking fiasco...
                    God, I hope so.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by High Life Man
                      God, I hope so.
                      Yep....I want to see a few more episodes of the Head Coach/QB sideline argument. And more shots of Deanna covering her face when Farte gets pummelled.
                      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
                        \

Just put 'em in pink jerseys and put a flag belt on their waists....
                        No sir, that's already been done. The 'Ol Wordf Footy League that folded when the first Star Wars came out, no? Those crezzi seventies!!!

If they were to do it today, I cannot think of a more befitting team, can you? Maybe Grandma Al's resthome raiders? My apologies to Starwood.

Last edited by MAX; 08-27-2010, 03:15 PM.
                        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2006

Favre is back for another Purple year, speaking of his ankle now. He's already taking injections for it (built in excuse?). The stars were aligned for the Vikes last year, this could be the year the wheels fall off, O line looks porous, WR corp thin. I root against BrINT every week now but he makes things interesting.
                          Last edited by GreenBayLA; 09-02-2010, 03:58 AM.
                          "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• vanhalen1r2
                            Head Fluffer
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            If you're gonna give those stats, you've gotta give this one too...

Most Passes Had Intercepted, Career

317 Brett Favre

277 George Blanda

268 John Hadl

That said, I hope Favray goes off today vs. the Cowgirls....
                            Thats a sweet stat maybe Favre can add 20-25 more this season
                            “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Here's something for all you Favre haters...

Link

FOX NFL Sunday Roundtable: Favre won't last the season
                              Fox Sports
                              FOX NFL SUNDAY CREW
                              PRINT RSS

5 comments »
                              Updated Sep 9, 2010 5:16 PM ET

Every week, the experts of FOX NFL Sunday will candidly reveal their observations and make their opinions known as they prepare for their top-rated pregame telecast — seen each Sunday at 12 p.m. ET/9 a.m. PT. We'll share with you some of the highlights and observations from Curt, Terry, Howie, Jimmy and Strahan grabbed from their weekly conference call with insider John Czarnecki.

This week, Czar probes the FOX NFL Sunday crew on the Minnesota Vikings-New Orleans Saints rematch and the Dallas Cowboys' Super Bowl chances.

ROSTER BUZZ
                              Get all the breaking roster moves from the NFL right here.

John Czarnecki: All the talk heading into tonight’s opener in New Orleans has been about the late hits and the fines taken by the Saints for leveling Brett Favre in last year’s NFC championship game. Will the Saints tone it down?

Jimmy Johnson: That’s the way the Saints play and I think you will see more of the same. I do think it’s going to be a great game, but I think the Saints will put a number on them.

Howie Long: If the Vikings were at full strength on offense, I would give them a significantly better chance of winning. Yes, the Vikings have come right out and called them cheap shots. I got to think the Saints want to finish the job on Brett. And do you think they are concerned about taking a 15-yard penalty?

JJ: Not at all. That’s why, even though he has started like 290 straight games, I think there’s a good chance that Brett doesn’t finish the season. Players are going to be coming after him and with his ankle and age, he may simply not hold up.

HL: I don’t think he’s going to make it through, either.

JJ: It’s gotten to the point with the Saints that it’s almost a badge of honor if they do make a late hit and take a penalty or a fine. I do believe they want that M.O. of being a team that will put you out (of the game).

HL: You have to believe that Brett knows this. Remember his interception at the end of that championship game? He only needed to run 7 yards for a first down. But I’m sure that distance looked like a mile to him, because of the beating he took. I do believe the Vikings will do everything they can tonight to protect him. It’s one thing to get out of New Orleans with a loss. It’s another to get out of there Week 1 with a loss and also no Brett Favre!

JJ: I look for a more conservative game plan out of Minnesota. I suspect they will run the ball a little bit more. One of the problems with that approach, though, is if Brees puts a lot of points on them early, they will have to shelve that plan. Brees is liable to come out smoking.

HL: The Saints have a chance of repeating, especially if they get home-field advantage like they did last season. It’s tough for teams to go down there and win a big game.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Unfortunately, I think it's a true statement...

If you played defense, wouldn't you want to be the guy to end the most ridiculously long streak of all time?

Seriously...290 as an NFL QB...and one that goes after it like Favray...is insanity...

Comment

Working...