Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

the snow gettin' sucked back up the hole before the second dump is pretty cool
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• fifth element
      Commando
      • Nov 2010

heard that they moved the game to Detroit?

What a mess....lol that's more snow than i want to see in my lifetime...lol
      “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Favray is inactive for tonight....

Thank goodness, maybe now they'll shut the fuck up.....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          Favray is inactive for tonight....

Thank goodness, maybe now they'll shut the fuck up.....
          That didn't stop ESPN's Ed Werder from saying that Favre could have suffered a stroke had he taken an injection in order to play. Oh, the drama...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• GreenBayLA
            Sniper
            • Jan 2006

It's official, Favre streak ends tonight. Inactive for Vikings-Giants game. As much as Favre has raised my ire the last few years I felt bad for the man, it's over. Favre doesn't get to control his destiny and walk away on his own terms anymore. The 2-10 Bills bounced him.

UNreal!!!
            ESPN has elected not to air the scheduled Monday Night Football game between the Baltimore Ravens and Houston Texans tonight. Instead ESPN will be airing "Favre cam" getting his reactions to historic Giants at Vikings at Detroit game on sidelines and will break away to other game when any scoring occurs. Brett Favre career retrospective airs after conclusion of game. Ravens at Texans game will be shown on ESPN 3 at midnight eastern time.
            "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• Little Texan
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It's time for Bert Farte to call it a career for real. He's now too old and his body can't take the abuse anymore. He still has his flashes of greatness every once in a while, but they are getting fewer and further between. The old guy just hung around for one season too long. Even if he has been a huge drama queen the last several seasons, he has been a great QB for a long time in this league, and probably one of the toughest s.o.b.s to ever play the game of football. I believe that 297 game streak will never be broken.

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                I believe that 297 game streak will never be broken.
                Ya know who's is next on that list? Hard to believe, but it's Peyton Manning with 205. At 34, he would have to play almost the entire next 5 and 3/4 seasons without missing a game in order to tie Favre.
                Last edited by chefcraig; 12-13-2010, 09:13 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Little Texan
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  Ya know who's is next on that list? Hard to believe, but it's Peyton Manning with 205.
                  He would have to play six more seasons without missing a start to match Old Farte, and Peyton has already been in the league for 13 seasons, and I just don't think Peyton has the durability to catch Farte.

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Yeah, I initially screwed up the math and had to go back and fix it.

Still, Manning would be 40 (Sound familiar?) if/when he accomplished the feat.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Little Texan
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      Yeah, I initially screwed up the math and had to go back and fix it.

Still, Manning would be 40 (Sound familiar?) if/when he accomplished the feat.
                      He could definitely do it, but I don't think he is going hang on as long as Favre has. I may be wrong, however.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

and so it begins.........

Brett Favre(notes) will be commemorating his ironman streak, the one that ended Monday night, soon and you too can have your own keepsake.

Credit the folks at Deadspin for uncovering the latest offering on Favre’s personal Web site last night. Favre – or the folks running his Web site – are hawking signed footballs with the inscription “297 starts 1992-2010.” You can order yours for the holidays, although this product might not be delivered for about 30 days, according to the Web site. Get two, they’re only $499.99.

Most amusing? Favre references the number of quarterbacks the Chicago Bears have been through during his NFL record streak. “Just consider since 1992 the Chicago Bears have watched over 20 QB's start for their team,” the Web site says.

Over 20? We’ll do the math for them. The Bears started 23 quarterbacks during Favre’s NFL record streak. The most starts by a Bears’ quarterback in that span was 46 by Erik Kramer. Jay Cutler(notes) has 28 starts as a Bear, trailing Kyle Orton(notes) (33) and Rex Grossman(notes) (31). The list:

Jim Harbaugh, Peter Tom Willis, Will Furrer, Erik Kramer, Steve Walsh, Dave Krieg, Rick Mirer, Steve Stenstrom, Moses Moreno, Shane Matthews, Cade McNown, Jim Miller, Chris Chandler, Henry Burris, Kordell Stewart, Rex Grossman, Jonathan Quinn, Craig Krenzel, Chad Hutchinson, Kyle Orton, Brian Griese(notes), Jay Cutler, Todd Collins(notes).

And now you know why Favre beat the Bears brains in for most of his tenure with the Green Bay Packers.

Follow me on Twitter: BradBiggs

Brad Biggs covers the Bears for the Chicago Tribune
                        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Little Texan
                          It's time for Bert Farte to call it a career for real. He's now too old and his body can't take the abuse anymore. He still has his flashes of greatness every once in a while, but they are getting fewer and further between. The old guy just hung around for one season too long. Even if he has been a huge drama queen the last several seasons, he has been a great QB for a long time in this league, and probably one of the toughest s.o.b.s to ever play the game of football. I believe that 297 game streak will never be broken.
                          I love how Jackson finally get's his chance and he plays like shit and can't finish the game !! He is on I.R. for the rest of the year. Payton will not break that record. He will never play that long for starters. It's like 320 with playoffs in there. I would love to see him play the last game in Detroit if his arm is better. That hit is a shitty way to go out for the NFL'S toughest player.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

The rumor is Favre will start the game tonight !! Crazy fucker !! Hope it's true. Took me 2 hours to drive home from work. A 35 minute drive. Sounds like the worst of the snow is passing over. They just showed the field on tv. It looks ok. Very windy on the field at one end. Probably the open end. Should be fun. Petterson is out for some reason.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Relax. think its dead now.
                              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2006

I have my issues with the man but they don't call him a warrior for nothing. It cost him but he has balls to start vs Bears outside on MNF.
                                "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

Working...