Will Taylor Swift Please Get Permanent Laryngitis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Will Taylor Swift Please Get Permanent Laryngitis?

Have the Crummy Awards on as background noise.

Heard them introduce Taylor Swift. *yaaaaawwwwn*. So she makes some comment how it is an honor to share the stage with Stevie Nicks. The music for "Rhiannon" starts up. Stevie took the low harmonies, Taylor sang the high harmonies....FLAT!

SHE WAS FLAT 90% OF THE FUCKING SONG!

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!

This silly little teenage girl has sold millions of albums, made millions of dollars, and SHE HAS NO FUCKING TALENT!

SHE IS THE FUCKING POSTER CHILD FOR THE MUSIC INDUSTRY!!!!

AN ARTIST WHO CANNOT FUCKING SING IS WINNING AWARDS FROM AN ACADEMY THAT IS COMPRISED OF MUSICIANS, PRODUCERS AND OTHER MUSIC INDUSTRY TYPES WHO SHOULD KNOW WHAT A FUCKING SINGER SOUNDS LIKE! AND SHE IS NOT A FUCKING SINGER!!

SHE IS A BLONDE BIMBO WHO HAS A BUNCH OF MONEY BEHIND HER!!!

THAT IS ALL SHE IS!!!

The fucking Crummy Awards each year remind me how they are not at ALL about THE MUSIC!

They are about how stupid people are to vote for no-talent hacks, and how stupid the record-buying public is for wasting their hard-earned dollar on such moronic over-produced bullshit!!!!

Speaking of over-produced bullshit....I caught a performance by whats-his-name...the dude who played Ray Charles in that movie a couple of years ago. At least it LOOKED like Jamie Foxx. Seemed to me he was just lip-synching. Though he is an incredibly talented clasically-trained pianist.

Pretty much all I could hear was his overly pitch-corrected vocal, and a drum loop. The weird thing was, there were about 30 musicians onstage behind him, with some guy pretending to direct them.

What the fuck is the point of having all these motherfuckers onstage playing air-instruments?

Now, on the COOL side of things, they had a tribute to Les Paul, where Jeff Beck played "How High The Moon" on a cherry sunburst Les Paul (what else?).

Good god. I am going to throw up.

Taylor Swift? Album of the year? BULLSHIT!
    IT IS A LOAD OF FUCKING BULLSHIT!

FUCK THE ACADEMY!
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 02-01-2010, 12:39 AM.
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

We were talking about this early today.....when was the last time the Grammy's were even relevant?

Totally nailed it on the Swift analogy as to what is wrong with the Music Industry today.

All looks and no substance.
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

No question that Taylor Swift is ridiculously overrated. But at least she was singing in her own shitty voice. Others were using that AutoKey shit, and that should be banned from the Grammys or any other live performance.

If you can't sing, DON'T. Or at least be enough of a songwriter that nobody gives a shit whether you can sing or not. Look how well it works for Bob Dylan. Or even Tom Waits, for that matter.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And why the Hell was Beyonce singing the Alanis Morissette song?

Not that I don't prefer it to her own stupid overplayed goddamn annoying song about "putting a ring on it", and I could watch Beyonce sing just about anything without complaining, but it just seemed like an odd choice for her, especially following that 60 Minutes interview that said she was such a good Christian girl and all.....
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

It is the same thing every year. When I DO remember to tune in to the Crummy Awards, it is not to actually watch it. I just use it as background noise...and occasionally I hear somebody say something that leads me to watch it, like the Les Paul thing with Jeff Beck.

Green Day got Best Rock Album. Well, I can't say they are totally undeserving of that.

Oh and one other thing that was probably the coolest thing of the entire night:

Honeyboy Edwards was on hand to get a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award!

David Honeyboy Edwards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For those of you who do not know, he was a travelling and musician partner of Robert Johnson (King Of The Delta Blues), and he is STILL ALIVE (94 years old). He and pianist Pinetop Perkins are arguably the last two original Delta Blues musicians still touring.

I saw Pinetop perform at the King Biscuit Helen Blues Festival in October of 2005.
          If Honeyboy performs near here again, I will certainly go see him.

Lastly but not leastly here are some COOL FUCKING AWARDS from this year:

Hard Rock Performance: AC/DC, "War Machine"

Metal Performance: Judas Priest, "Dissident Aggressor"

Rock Instrumental Performance: Jeff Beck, "A Day in the Life"
          Fuckin Hell! JUDAS PRIEST! WOOHOO!

Yeah so the Crummy Awards are irrelevant...but it IS nice that Jeff, AC/DC and Priest got some recognition from the industry.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

It is the same thing every year. When I DO remember to tune in to the Crummy Awards, it is not to actually watch it. I just use it as background noise...and occasionally I hear somebody say something that leads me to watch it, like the Les Paul thing with Jeff Beck.

Green Day got Best Rock Album. Well, I can't say they are totally undeserving of that.

Oh and one other thing that was probably the coolest thing of the entire night:

Honeyboy Edwards was on hand to get a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award!

David Honeyboy Edwards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For those of you who do not know, he was a travelling and musician partner of Robert Johnson (King Of The Delta Blues), and he is STILL ALIVE (94 years old). He and pianist Pinetop Perkins are arguably the last two original Delta Blues musicians still touring.

I saw Pinetop perform at the King Biscuit Helen Blues Festival in October of 2005.
            If Honeyboy performs near here again, I will certainly go see him.

Lastly but not leastly here are some COOL FUCKING AWARDS from this year:

Hard Rock Performance: AC/DC, "War Machine"

Metal Performance: Judas Priest, "Dissident Aggressor"

Rock Instrumental Performance: Jeff Beck, "A Day in the Life"
            Fuckin Hell! JUDAS PRIEST! WOOHOO!

Yeah so the Crummy Awards are irrelevant...but it IS nice that Jeff, AC/DC and Priest got some recognition from the industry.
            Last edited by Hardrock69; 02-01-2010, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Taylor Swift is not really good looking. She has awful phrasing, and can't carry a tune. But how is she different from any other teen idol over that past 50 years? Album of the year is a farce, I agree.

As for Beyonce and that trash ass video? The good Christian girl refers to herself/women as "it", humps the air and slaps her own ass in barely there hot pants. Yes, it's high art.

And somebody PLEASE explain the Lady Gaga phenomenon to me. cause I sure as fuck don't get it.

Oh dear.

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

I think I lost any respect for the Grammy's after the Metallica-Jethro Tull controversy.

I can't wait to see the clip of Beck doing Les Paul.......and Beck's version of A Day In The Life is awesome......

Here's a version of it from awhile back....different band than he has today.....
                <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3uwvBizKAwc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3uwvBizKAwc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                Last edited by kwame k; 02-01-2010, 01:28 AM.
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                  And somebody PLEASE explain the Lady Gaga phenomenon to me. cause I sure as fuck don't get it.
                  I'd like to hear that explanation, too.

Comment

• Blackflag
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by kwame k
                    All looks
                    ?.... Take a few minutes and visit the "picture palooza."
                    Last edited by Blackflag; 02-01-2010, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2006

I met her when her first CD came out, shes' a nice young lady.
                      Last edited by GreenBayLA; 02-01-2010, 03:30 AM.
                      "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I think it's time to forgive Kanye West for his little outburst at last year's MTV Awards. Kinda wish he had been at the Grammy's tonight, to interrupt one of that little twit's speeches.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• SilvioDante
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2004

I am not going to try to explain Taylor Swift to people who aren't suppose to "get" here, WE aren't....

I have a 14 year old daughter who likes her, and I think she's great for that. Her song aren't about trying to get laid, they are sappy teen love songs. It isn't "ringtone rap", she can play the guitar and there are musicians playing on the CD. She writes her own songs, as awful as we think they are. My daughter like the whole ablum, not just the "one song she downloaded from iTunes 'cause the rest of it sucked".

I would much rather her listen to Taylor Swift than the Black Eyed Peas or Jamie Foxx or any of that other crap. Therefore Taylor is doing what she is suppose to do.

As far at the Scammy, I can not believe anyone with any brains at all watches that thing and gets mad. After Metallica/Tull, did you not figure out it is a joke?
                          "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Jethro Tull > Metallica... always were, always will be.

Comment

• Coyote
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                              High Fashion Tabloid-pop...

A few months, and (s)he'll be gone...
                              Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...