Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

During Which Song Will You Go For A Leak and/or Beer Counter During The Show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I ever get in position at a show and have the nature problem and they go into Fools or Simple Rhyme, my strategy would be to just go in my pants and pour a little beer on it. (<--class act)

you would too

probably pissed you didn't think of it.

Comment

Just don't go for that first piss..........
      WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills View Post
        If I ever get in position at a show and have the nature problem and they go into Fools or Simple Rhyme, my strategy would be to just go in my pants and pour a little beer on it. (<--class act)

you would too

probably pissed you didn't think of it.
        I want to let you know that A) I could see myself doing that and B) I am a little pissed I didn't think of it. Now that I admitted it, I can heal.

Comment

Can't wait for the setlist to come up to schedule my trip to the concession...
          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

The drum solo.
            Nothing against Alex, who was playing very well on the 2007/2008 tour, but after nearly 3 decades of seeing many bands and many live drum solos, as a general rule I'm over them.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by BITEYOASS View Post
              That's simple! I'd get everything done throughout the opening act.
              I learned early not to bother showing up for the opening act, lol
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Originally posted by JJtheVagPounder View Post
                I greatly dislike Tim Tebow. It's not just his over the top, in your face, I tied my shoes today let me thank jesus brand of Christianity. It's the fact that he's a Bronco. Ugh.
                Yeah, I never thought anybody could beat John "crybaby" Elway in the "reasons to hate the Denver Broncos" sweepstakes, but damned if Timmy isn't working hard to take that title away from him.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                  The drum solo.
                  Nothing against Alex, who was playing very well on the 2007/2008 tour, but after nearly 3 decades of seeing many bands and many live drum solos, as a general rule I'm over them.
                  Me, too!
                  Originally posted by vandeleur
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by TATTOO View Post
                    I have a feeling if the young Wolfster does ever get a Bass solo, peeps will
                    not be flocking to the bog.

The kid can fucking play!!
                    I don't care if he's the new Billy Sheehan, bass solos are the musical equivalent of a fart in a jacuzzi.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                      The drum solo.
                      Last year I found myself getting bored during the Neil Peart drum solo and went to the bar when Tommy Lee was spinning around upside down.

You can't get more over them than that...

Comment

I think it's time to cut all the solos, even 'Eruption'. If they want to give Dave a rest, or whatever, let them run through an instrumental of 'Girl Gone Bad' - and they can show off plenty. It is practically an instrumental anyway - and I'd much rather hear that than one guy on stage doing a solo. It's just old hat.

Didn't Al used to solo after the SECOND song on the '1984' tour?

Tommy Lee's 360 thing on this recent Motley tour was just a variation on what he'd done before - the only novelty for me was the guy from the audience on there with him. Seeing if he was gonna fall off ... that kept my attention for a couple of minutes.
                        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Originally posted by vhscraps View Post
                          i think it's time to cut all the solos, even 'eruption'.
                          gasp!!!
                          WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

Yeah, cut out the greatest guitar solo of all time....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

I bet Ed hates having to do it - it's like a dead weight around his neck.

That original LP version, however, is timeless and can't be topped.

I didn't mind Mick Mars's solo on the recent Crue tour, because he didn't try and be flash. He just made a hell of a lot of noise, feedback, etc., for a few minutes - and it sounded a bit like you'd imagine the sound of skyscrapers if they were being pushed into each other, or summat. I thought that was cool - a kind of anti-solo. Then it segued quite perfectly into 'Kickstart My Heart', I think (I'd had a few beers by then ...)

Good pacing.
                              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
                                Yeah, cut out the greatest guitar solo of all time....

Would be a brave, and probably unlikely, thing to do - but I just think solos mess up the pacing of a good show. Unless he did it for 96 seconds, as per the original.
                                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Working...
                                X