During Which Song Will You Go For A Leak and/or Beer Counter During The Show?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

sorry dude , aint gonna happen
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VHscraps
      Veteran
      • Jul 2009

yeah, I know. But a bit of unpredictability would be good.
      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VanHalenI
        Roadie
        • Dec 2010

Nothing will take me out of a Van Halen concert NOTHING, I'll think it twice if they play "Runnin'..." nothing against that song, believe me, one of my favorite pieces of music, but I want something fast!
        I had some crazy vision, one I can't deny it
        It said "Open your eyes. Leave it all behind."

Comment

• So this is love
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

Wtf

GUYS I just want a song or a solo to go for more beers and a piss...Don't start cutting out RWTD or the greatest guitar solo of all time.......Geez BTW who leaves the stands when ED's soloing?
          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
            GUYS I just want a song or a solo to go for more beers and a piss...Don't start cutting out RWTD or the greatest guitar solo of all time.......Geez BTW who leaves the stands when ED's soloing?

Well since you put it that way, and although it doesn't match the title, you can go during "I'll Wait."

Comment

• So this is love
              Veteran
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
              Well since you put it that way, and although it doesn't match the title, you can go during "I'll Wait."
              I think I'll Wait will be left out this tour...I never had this problem when SH was with VH...I could leave my seat anytime I wanted

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Last year I found myself getting bored during the Neil Peart drum solo and went to the bar when Tommy Lee was spinning around upside down.

You can't get more over them than that...
                I mean, fuck, throw a couple more tunes in there rather than a drum solo.

I can understand it gives the rest of the band a chance to have a break, and/or switch off guitars...[drum solos] are as boring as fuck, though.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
                  Honestly, last time around Ed's solo would have been a good time to cut out and take a piss.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• academic punk
                    Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    Last year I found myself getting bored during the Neil Peart drum solo and went to the bar when Tommy Lee was spinning around upside down.

You can't get more over them than that...
                    This conversation reminds me of an old joke:
                    An anthropologist is in deepest, darkest Africa, researching and studying the natives. From the time he'd arrived, he could hear the sound of drums off in the hills. "What's up with the drums?" he'd constantly ask. "Very bad if the drums stop." But he could never get an answer as to what would happen if the drums were to stop and why it would be bad.
                    So after months and months of hearing the drums, asking about the drums, getting the same response about the drums, not getting any real answers about the drums, their significance, and what happens if they stop, well, one day...the drums...just....stop.

The entire village freezes. Men and women stop everything and anything they were doing. They look towards the hills in complete, abject HORROR.

"What?" The anthropologist begs, "What happens now? You always told me it would be bad if the drums stop. Well, they have! Now what???!?"

"Now," the tribal chief responds, "Comes the bass solo."

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The funny thing is now with the internet people know the running order and you see them moving towards the exits for a piss before the end of the song before the drum solo.

At a Rush show a few years back I thought I was being clever doing that to avoid two weak songs off their worst album and when I got to the gents there was a queue. I said 'so you all saw the setlist online too' and everyone laughed...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by academic punk
                        This conversation reminds me of an old joke:
                        An anthropologist is in deepest, darkest Africa, researching and studying the natives. From the time he'd arrived, he could hear the sound of drums off in the hills. "What's up with the drums?" he'd constantly ask. "Very bad if the drums stop." But he could never get an answer as to what would happen if the drums were to stop and why it would be bad.
                        So after months and months of hearing the drums, asking about the drums, getting the same response about the drums, not getting any real answers about the drums, their significance, and what happens if they stop, well, one day...the drums...just....stop.

The entire village freezes. Men and women stop everything and anything they were doing. They look towards the hills in complete, abject HORROR.

"What?" The anthropologist begs, "What happens now? You always told me it would be bad if the drums stop. Well, they have! Now what???!?"

"Now," the tribal chief responds, "Comes the bass solo."

A couple, who's relationship was on the rocks, went to a marriage counselor who could not get them to discuss anything. The communication block was so heavy that nothing he suggested could make them open up and talk.

Finally after several sessions of non-communication, the counselor stands up, walks to the corner of the room and produces a bass guitar. He brings it to the couple, plugs it into a small practice amp and begins to play fervently. Gradually their barriers break down and they begin to discuss their problems and little things that always bothered them that they never felt encouraged to bring up before.

At the end of the session, they were smiling and laughing just like old times. They paid their bill and before leaving, the couple asked the counselor, "What did you do? How did that song help make everything work out?"

He answered simply, "Everybody talks during the bass solo."

Comment

• So this is love
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Terry
                          Honestly, last time around Ed's solo would have been a good time to cut out and take a piss.
                          I know what you mean but I saw him in MTL and he was great but then I saw the same solo in Tampa Bay and Sunrise and it wasn't as good but the whole show wasn't as good sounding than in Montreal earier in the tour/// Which Florida show did you attend...I think they also did Orlando.

Comment

• VanHalener
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I will not move from my seat when I saddle up in section 113.
                            I can hardly sleep at night knowing I'll be there.
                            You pukes can split during whatever fucking bores you, but you'll know VanHalener and his adult diaper don't need to leave the action for
                            A
                            N
                            Y
                            T
                            H
                            I
                            N
                            G
                            !

You better stand back and give me a little room to get it on.

V
                            A
                            N

H
                            A
                            L
                            E
                            N

B
                            I
                            T
                            C
                            H
                            E
                            S
                            !
                            Last edited by VanHalener; 01-15-2012, 11:56 PM.
                            ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Go Hard,Stay Hard And Take A Few Diapers With You.
                              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Dan
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

And For The Ladies try This,www.shewee.com
                                Last edited by Dan; 01-16-2012, 12:02 AM. Reason: Damn
                                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...