X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by johneric8
    I've been a lurker for a long time guys and enjoy reading all the post... Okay, for what it's work "Honeybabysweetiedoll" is one of the coolest things I've ever heard! I never in a million dreams would have guessed that the boys were capable of playing and writing this kind of tune at their age! It's everything I love about Van Halen wrapped into one! Man, It's crazy cool!!! I think this is a song where Dave captured his past magic the most, and the music is just flat out special!
    I think Dave wrote this to a large degree but the Van Halens managed to make it theirs. Remember them criticising him back 10 years ago for turning up and making them listen to Chemical Brothers stuff?

I think he finally got through to them probably with the help of Wolf and they took it and knocked it out the fucking park.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Warham
      Wolf is a beast on this record.
      Billy Sheehan with good taste...

Comment

• hambon4lif
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        i didn't clarify, do the liner notes for the CD list 5150 and Henson?

and back to the DVD...none of the interview that we heard snippets of?
        Good question. I noticed before the 'Dave explains Tattoo lyrics' vid, it says 'Song For Song'. It leads you to believe he runs through all of them.

Twona, do a brutha a solid and ask if the handwritten lyrics are in the CD booklet. I've tried to ask twice already, but apparently I'm on unanimous ignore.
        Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I don't ignore you! You're one of my favorite posters!

Oh dear.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
            Head Fluffer
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            I think Dave wrote this to a large degree but the Van Halens managed to make it theirs. Remember them criticising him back 10 years ago for turning up and making them listen to Chemical Brothers stuff?

I think he finally got through to them probably with the help of Wolf and they took it and knocked it out the fucking park.
            They have knocked it out the park, and never in my wildest dreams did i ever think they would. My flabber has been gasted!! Just amazing!

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
              Twona, do a brutha a solid and ask if the handwritten lyrics are in the CD booklet. I've tried to ask twice already, but apparently I'm on unanimous ignore.
              Thanks in advance.
              let's try this:

so, anyone who got the actual CD...are Dave's handwritten lyrics in the booklet? or do Hambon and i have to wait until Tuesday to find out?
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• vanshipman
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2004

Yes indeed my friend that intro is very similiar to an EEAS track (perhaps Shyboy?) good call. Theres so many things I want to ask but I realize people have better things to do...like listen to their new copy of ADKOT!!! lol I think the releasing of Tattoo was genius, because of the stir it made. And then after hearing the rest of the album you're even more overwhelmed. Dave has always been a genius at promotion, Im still just punch drunk and giddy that Dave is back. What a great year for VH fans.

Comment

• BruinJer
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                  Wolf is a beast on this record.
                  His playing is as impressive as his dad's (on this album)...
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/Chickies.jpg

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                    Thank you's in the liner notes: Dave: Thanks For The Dream
                    People want to know if Dave's handwritten lyrics are in the CD liner notes?
                    WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• bru87tr
                      Commando
                      • Apr 2004

let's try this:

so, anyone who got the actual CD...are Dave's handwritten lyrics in the booklet? or do Hambon and i have to wait until Tuesday to find out?
                      Looks like Daves hand written lyrics to me, from what has been posted of Stay Frosty.
                      "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• bru87tr
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                        People want to know if Dave's handwritten lyrics are in the CD liner notes?
                        Yes Sir!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by VHscraps
                          Like Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau, they may have bitched and moaned at each other like a married couple over the years, but together - it just IS THIS: the sum is greater than the parts. Dave always knew it, Ed was in denial during the Van Hagar years, but he knows it in hs bones.

He and Dave ended up together because it always made sense.
                          Even the Guardian likes this album...

This would have to be a dismal affair not to outstrip 1998's scorned Van Halen III, but once the euphoria around David Lee Roth dies down, A Different Kind of Truth is a frequently thrilling return, writes Dom Lawson

Comment

• bru87tr
                            Commando
                            • Apr 2004

i didn't clarify, do the liner notes for the CD list 5150 and Henson?

and back to the DVD...none of the interview that we heard snippets of?
                            Recorded at Henson Studio

Mixed at 5150

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

thanks!

seems odd that they'd do it that way, but from all the rave reviews it worked.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Zing!
                                Veteran
                                • Oct 2011

let's try this:

Did you hear something?
                                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...