• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

The Gun Control & Ballistics Thread

Originally posted by vandeleur
    This is obviously a huge tragedy for those involved ... But these discussions are interesting , they are so alien to me.
    Sometimes our cultures are exactly the same but on this it's beyond my comprehension. That is not a slight on your culture but an admittance to not understanding it .
    I lived in the UK for sometime on my own volition (not military). I appreciated how gun laws made only knives (and IRA bombs) the only results of maniacal human thoughts manageable.

It is like Rum-Running during prohibition now vandeleur for the US. Even if people "got it" about why human nature is better off without handguns and such....it is too late....

Best way I can explain about how fucked up it is for the US right now in the NRA's controlled (do not talk back to us) culture. There is no debate about it in the US....the Right Wing controls the whole issue...and will not let anyone else ever speak about it.

The UK at least does not have this particular problem. It is how the people that are insecure in the US (people that think the south won) hold their nuts. They cannot fist fight...so they resort to badly aimed guns to make them feel superior. As evidenced by this event in a long string of events...people that are not in control of themselves physically resort to the easy purchase and wielding of guns to "even" the score.....which people with brains and physical ability just do naturally, no reason to use gun violence, ispo facto.

A gun is a pussies way out.

Evidence of the above.
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 07-22-2012, 09:15 AM.
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Wait 5 minutes and you'll have 37 explanations of how horrible America is and how all Amercans should choke themselves to death with the Constitution...
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• SunisinuS
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • May 2010

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      Wait 5 minutes and you'll have 37 explanations of how horrible America is and how all Amercans should choke themselves to death with the Constitution...
      Probably deserved. I am a US citizen....I can take it. I know how shitty it is when any Right Winger is in charge of anything. We all know the results. They had 8 years and I thought magically we were all better. The benefits of those 8 years are lost on me I guess. Maybe we are all going forward into Mormon Heaven now?

Oh well...they will tell the rest of us to just shut up again.

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        Well I have lived in the US and outside the US. I have seen a lot of people move in to this country from other places and what they love is the constitutional rights were do have. I think what happened was some old established money in this country wanted to get rid of those constitutional rights because an empowered base of people were in their way of controlling everything. So they have used the media, the educational system, and used the US military in ways that tarnished the US reputation. With the cold war over and the world at relative peace the Bush military aggressions made this country look bad and then the media in this country and in other countries dump on us. The US has it's faults but I think the world has overall been better off with it existing than if it didn't exist. The american people donate more money to charity per capita than any other country. What we haven't been good at is keeping the bankers out of our politics and the low interest rates enticement of the 90's and early 00's did plenty of damage. We are at an interesting crossroads now. It's like the public just woke up from a deep sleep and they are going holy shit! The government is now saying they have the rights to everything and we have no rights. And now there is the move to replace constitutional rights with UN treaties. I also think the old money has been fairly successful at making the public think the constitution is old and not important anymore. Bush subscribed to this way of thinking and Obama seems to have a whole new program to put us on and basically acts like the constitution is not there at all.

What is interesting is 30 years ago I saw so many immigrants cherish our constitutional rights. We helped two people out of Hong Kong get citizenship and they both knew how unique all of those rights were. Now peope actually view them as unimportant. It's very strange. I would say maybe people have become too complacent and naive.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by SunisinuS
          The UK at least does not have this particular problem.
          Right again.

"Twelve people were confirmed dead and three were fighting for their lives last night after a taxi driver went on the rampage in the UK's worst shooting incident since the Dunblane massacre......."

"The Dunblane school massacre occurred at Dunblane Primary School in the Scottish town of Dunblane on 13 March 1996. The gunman, 43-year-old Thomas Hamilton, entered the school armed with four handguns, shooting and killing sixteen children and one adult before committing suicide. Along with the 1987 Hungerford massacre and the 2010 Cumbria shootings, it remains one of the worst criminal acts involving firearms in the history of the United Kingdom."

"The Hungerford massacre occurred in Hungerford, Berkshire, England, on 19 August 1987. The gunman, 27-year-old Michael Robert Ryan, armed with two semi-automatic rifles and a handgun, shot and killed sixteen people including his mother, and wounded fifteen others, then fatally shot himself."
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
            Probably deserved. I am a US citizen....I can take it. I know how shitty it is when any Right Winger is in charge of anything. We all know the results. They had 8 years and I thought magically we were all better. The benefits of those 8 years are lost on me I guess. Maybe we are all going forward into Mormon Heaven now?

Oh well...they will tell the rest of us to just shut up again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RkH4fIEH4E
            I would say both parties have been bought off by the old money. Koch, Rockefeller, Bush, maybe some foreign money too. The Republicans had the bases loaded and were a complete failure. Then the Democrats got in and as Ford has said, proved they were no longer what they were in the days of JFK. A complete failure as well. Escentially the Federal Reserve and the banks who own it, printed enough money to buy the US Federal Government and the government is corrupt. So where do we go from here? If the election proves to be business as usual you are going to see some states revolt. You have to remember Obamacare puts a huge financial burdon on the states and many are just going to say stick it. 40 states have already passed sovergnty acts. I believe you need 36 states on board to have a constitutional convention. If the election process demonstrates itself to be broken then we may indeed have a constitutional convention where the states take over the government and reshape it. This may be a good thing or a bad thing. I would say right now the financial and political process is broken. People even if they differ on political views are frustrated. We also could have some more wars, possibly a revolution here and maybe the country eventually splits up because it's divided right now anyways. The continued economic and other problems will just fuel more frustration. 2013 and on will be some turbulent times with maybe some good end results we will see.
            Last edited by Nitro Express; 07-21-2012, 03:18 AM.

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

These are very isolated incidents almost 10 years between each of them, like I said we have had them ,it was more how you and your government reacts to them that was so different.
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• gbranton
                Veteran
                • Aug 2005

Take away all the guns, right? Like Japan? Surely they never have had...... uh well yes they HAVE. Take guns away and sick fucks will figure out other ways to kill people it turns out.

"37-year-old former janitor Mamoru Takuma entered the school armed with a kitchen knife and began stabbing numerous school children and teachers. He killed eight children, mostly between the ages of seven and eight, and seriously wounded thirteen other children and two teachers..."

"Police concluded it was at 12:33 P.M. when he hit five people with the truck, after ignoring a red light earlier that morning. As some people gathered to care for the victims, he then left the truck and stabbed at least 12 people, according to a witness, while screaming...."
                "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  These are very isolated incidents almost 10 years between each of them, like I said we have had them ,it was more how you and your government reacts to them that was so different.
                  The UK and the US are very different. We had a friend of my sister's from the UK stay with us and I don't think she ever understood us.

Comment

• gbranton
                    Veteran
                    • Aug 2005

As a matter of fact, we don't appear to have this gruesome market cornered, not by a LONG shot.

Damned if I don't see the UK, France, Germany, Japan, Sweden, China, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, South Africa, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway and a few more on that list.

But it's just ignorant Southerners and the NRA Nazis, right?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

You know what? Let the US government ban all guns. Period. Ban them all. Wanna know who's left with guns? The police, the government and criminals. Sound familiar?? Fuck it. That could never ever happen today, could it?
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

If you want a gun just become a narcotics gangster and Eric Holder with give you a couple of them.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

I'd have to agree, inevitably it's turned into a gun control thread...
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Everyone's thoughts should be with the victims and their families first. This is awful. But since this got stuck in Front Line, here's my " 2nd Amendment supporting liberal" :eek: (it happens) take on all you paranoid motherfucker's rants:
                            I fully support your (and my) right to bear arms. Not sure why anyone needs to stockpile them, though.
                            The idea that the government will go door-to-door asking for everyone's guns and arresting or killing everyone who doesn't in America is fucking ludicrous. Never mind how logistically impossible it would be on such a large scale, a skirmish at every other household when someone (in this case rightfully) goes all "from my cold dead hands" on them? C'mon.

And there is no legitimate argument for civilians having extended capacity magazines. Or silencers for deer hunting, FFS.

The fact remains people are dead, and that's tragic. One thing I seriously can't wrap my head around is who the F takes a baby to a midnight movie? Sad on multiple levels...
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

The 2nd amendment is not for deer hunting...

Comment

Working...