So HOW and WHEN do we...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    so jeans and a tshirt, tesla style. you wanna acoustic album next?
    No, I prefer Dave to queer it up even more, and sing even worse.

Comment

great, greg can write a sequel, how a backyard band saved metal and then did an acoustic album for von and ford to try to keep dave more in tune with his age

I would bet the first part of that is gonna happen, haven't talked to him about it yet....

But we're gonna have our chat with him, maybe on the 17th, not finalized yet....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
        I would bet the first part of that is gonna happen, haven't talked to him about it yet....

But we're gonna have our chat with him, maybe on the 17th, not finalized yet....
        i'll ask him while he's signin' cato's book
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Aint the john 5 thing called "Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bar & Grill"
          Think Dave plays the role of dorothy , Von is gonna love it. The tour has dwarves for munchkins and a full cast for the dance numbers.
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

He told me he doubts he'll do a follow up. He feels he would have to have full cooperation from Ed, Al and Dave, and knows he'd never get that.

Comment

There is no place like homo , there is no place like homo
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Originally posted by vandeleur View Post
                Think Dave plays the role of dorothy , Von is gonna love it. The tour has dwarves for munchkins and a full cast for the dance numbers.
                I'm from Kansas, and I've never even seen that stupid fucking movie.

Comment

i'll ask him while he's signin' cato's book

He signed VAiN's book with "wanna work on a sequel?"....

I think with his level of detail, he could do another book up until '85 justice....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Now that the VH tour is over, Dave should take a page from the Keith Richards playbook and put that damned album out already. And just like Keef already announced that the Stones are headed back to the studio, Dave can do some press saying he's ready to make another Van Halen album whenever the sisters are ready to work.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

he scarved everything in the 70s
                      Everything but brown M&Ms.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

I think wolfie has made his move by doing an album and possibly a tour ?? so I think we are watching the closing of the VH part of Daves career.
                        As for releasing the john 5 cd sounds great then he can tour it and we can slag off his singing, dancing, tattoo's, costumes , his gheyness , ticket sales, effort,inability to freeze time to 1981, his guns, his lack of guns, his penis pics,his love of mickey , his ambivalence to mickey , his love of thigh gap,his aliases and the fact he never ever not even once donated.

Just saying
                        Who's Mickey?
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

Possibly, but don't you also think it's possible that he did indeed TRY to work on his vocals, and he simply cannot sing like that anymore due to the natural aging process?
                          That's my take. I mean why would he want too sound like shit on some songs if he could sing them good. On all of them if you ask some people. I won't go that far. I think this was a good tour for them. The energy in the performances were there. I mean what more do you want from 3 old guy's ?? I guess you could say retire. And that should happen at some point. I always thought an older Dave led VH might be silly. Maybe his voice going is the first sign of that ?? I guess it is. I don't know ? Do another album and tour and go away for good ?? We all know that will take another 3 years too get done. Put's them in their mid 60's. Do that and hang it up. It's fine with me. I guess time will tell. These guy's might all do something on a stage every few years til they die. Just don't think it will be in the Van Halen form in 10 years. Not the one we all love anyways. Don't think it will be Van Hagar either. His voice is worse than Dave's these day's.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
                            I'm from Kansas, and I've never even seen that stupid fucking movie.
                            smoke some weed and watch dark side of the rainbow, it's fun once or twice
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
                              Well, first of all, it's not 1981 anymore. 1981 was cool in 1981. Dave can pay respect to that era, without acting like he's still in that era.

Do you really believe the stories and stage banter are what we're talking about here?

Has Ed's performance been harshly criticized because he's not wearing 1981 clothes?

I think Ed said somewhere during this tour, something about being 60, and performing like you're 60. That comment got brushed under the rug, but to me, it was damning. That comment hit the nail on the head, and is why I believe they are done. Unless they can get an outrageous payday, which I don't think they can.

Anybody else read Greg's book? Dave always wanted to be a "Rock Star". That was his whole mission. Maybe it's time for him to just be a musician. At this point, I think it would be much better received, and appreciated.
                              With much respect, Von - you may be right about this having been the last tour.....or not? JHale and I both discussed the fact of being at the finale Sunday night and how important it was....just in case this was the last (?)

I did read about the EVH comment told to Billboard about scolding Dave to act more like a 60 yr. old - but being around here for so many summers, you know as well as I, that we've gotten immune to hearing the gripe from the brothers. T
                              The bros know as well as us.... they (Dave & Ed) realize they need each other."

Van Halen would not be =VH= without the chemistry of these two geniuses.

About Greg Renoff's book? He's doing a local book signing I will attend on Friday and I'll report back. I can't imagine this guy knows more than what has been discussed historically here at RA... DLR has always been pretty candid with us.

?? more to be revealed...
                              "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

Originally posted by bantonelli View Post
                                About Greg Renoff's book? He's doing a local book signing I will attend on Friday and I'll report back. I can't imagine this guy knows more than what has been discussed historically here at RA... DLR has always been pretty candid with us.

?? more to be revealed...

Then you're gonna be surprised very quickly when you read the book. I was skeptical at first as well, having read other fairly lame VH books, but the level of detail is very, very impressive. It's that good....

Comment

Working...
                                X