Does the "Eat 'Em and Smile" Reunion talk say anything about the future of Van Halen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grit
    Roadie
    • Oct 2011

Does the "Eat 'Em and Smile" Reunion talk say anything about the future of Van Halen?

Eat_Em_And_Smile_Cover.jpg

First thing I thought of when I saw that Dave attended the "Eat 'Em and Smile" reunion was . . . is Dave no longer a member of Van Halen? We know that Ed does not like when his band members have other projects when they are a current member of Van Halen. If it is indeed true can we expect to see the album Dave made with John 5? If this has been discussed I apologize. Just looking for thoughts and opinions about this . . . Thanks!
  • diamondclaudio
    Roadie
    • Jan 2004

Let`s see what happens

I`ve heard the Roth -Van Halen deal is done, expired last month. I`ve also been told that the Eat em and smile reunion will take 12 american shows. On the other side Van Halen is rejoining Hagar for a three years deal. I suppose Roth would release the John 5 album and tour it long and large. This could be a perfect fit before the grand finale, the great ending, where we all know we`ll find the original four playing live at the Super Bowl.

Comment

• DLR7884
      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

If the above post is true, Van Halen can suck a fat cock.

DLR7884
      Ed, Al and Baby Huey can fuck themselves if they ever work with Bette again.
      Originally Posted by WARF:
      DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Grit
        Roadie
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by diamondclaudio
        I`ve heard the Roth -Van Halen deal is done, expired last month. I`ve also been told that the Eat em and smile reunion will take 12 american shows. On the other side Van Halen is rejoining Hagar for a three years deal. I suppose Roth would release the John 5 album and tour it long and large. This could be a perfect fit before the grand finale, the great ending, where we all know we`ll find the original four playing live at the Super Bowl.
        Wow, I just can't believe they would have anything to do with Hagar ever again after his continual bashing of them over the past 10+ years and the way Hagar threw personal attacks on Eddie in his book. Calling Eddie a "lair" regarding Mike recently and all of the other BS Hagar has done and said against Van Halen, not to mention stopping him from performing Van Hagar songs on TV, etc. Really hard to believe but I guess stranger things have happened.

Where did you hear they are rejoining Hagar for a three year deal?

Like DLR7884 said, if they go back to Hagar . . . "Van Halen can suck a fat cock"

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I don't see Van Hagar happening for the following reasons:

1) Spam keeps talking shit.

2) Eddie is clearly embarrassed by the cheese ballad material now. I doubt he ever wants to play it again, and it more than likely was a main factor in why the Velveetapalooza 2004 tour was such a fucking trainwreck.

3) Hagar would never tour without Sobolewski, and the sisters seem to have a deep hatred of Mikey, the exact reasons for which have never been verified, but it's been speculated to be about everything from Mikey playing with Hagar on the 2002 Spam & Dave tour, to him not paying his respects when Mama Van Halen died (Roth, Hagar, and Cherone all did, and none of them were in the band at the time) to Eddie's resentment over Mikey getting an equal cut of the band's publishing royalties when he obviously never wrote jack shit. Any or all of these could be true, but it seems like Eddie & Alex won't get over it, even though the fans (and Dave) obviously wanted to see the original 4 members on stage again. If Dave couldn't get Mikey back in the band, no way in Hell that Sammy could.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Come on Ford, we can't deny the world more of this:

Hahahaha! Oh geez that's hilarious. Those two guys were so in love I bet they jerked each other off the second they got off stage.
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
              I don't see Van Hagar happening for the following reasons:

1) Spam keeps talking shit.

2) Eddie is clearly embarrassed by the cheese ballad material now. I doubt he ever wants to play it again, and it more than likely was a main factor in why the Velveetapalooza 2004 tour was such a fucking trainwreck.

3) Hagar would never tour without Sobolewski, and the sisters seem to have a deep hatred of Mikey, the exact reasons for which have never been verified, but it's been speculated to be about everything from Mikey playing with Hagar on the 2002 Spam & Dave tour, to him not paying his respects when Mama Van Halen died (Roth, Hagar, and Cherone all did, and none of them were in the band at the time) to Eddie's resentment over Mikey getting an equal cut of the band's publishing royalties when he obviously never wrote jack shit. Any or all of these could be true, but it seems like Eddie & Alex won't get over it, even though the fans (and Dave) obviously wanted to see the original 4 members on stage again. If Dave couldn't get Mikey back in the band, no way in Hell that Sammy could.
              You forget how pissed the sisters were at Hagar after he quit/got fired back in 96 yet they rehired him in 2004 for a tour. If Sammy decides to do it he'll find a way to talk Mikey into it it to just so he'll have someone to hang out with on the road.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I think that the further we get away from Thanksgiving Eve and the canceled EEAS reunion, the less likely it is to happen.

Sheehan is on the road in Europe with the Winery Dogs for a month in February. That says a EEAS tour is not imminent.

I can't see Dave waiting around for the other guys to free up their schedules. For all we know, Dave is back in Japan getting more ink done.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the DLR/John 5 disc come out. Tour? Who knows. Probably depends on what Zombie is doing.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  You forget how pissed the sisters were at Hagar after he quit/got fired back in 96 yet they rehired him in 2004 for a tour. If Sammy decides to do it he'll find a way to talk Mikey into it it to just so he'll have someone to hang out with on the road.
                  Money talks.

I want to see it happen just so I can watch the train wreck live on stage. Ed hates Slappy so much that there ain't no way they can make it through a tour without getting into a fist fight.

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by diamondclaudio
                    Where do you hear these things? If there's any truth to the hagar thing i'm done with this band. Fuck them in both of their cunty faces.
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VAiN
                      Where do you hear these things? If there's any truth to the hagar thing i'm done with this band. Fuck them in both of their cunty faces.
                      till greg needs a haggis cover....
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Anonymous
                        Banned
                        • May 2004

Where the fuck do all of you cunts come off saying a reunion with Hagar will be the last nail in the coffin for you?

Every single one of you has been shovelling Edtard's shit on your mouth for the past 30 years.

You will all continue to do so & LIKE IT!

Hagar will rejoin the band, Mike will be left out in the cold & you will all be there, $250 ticket in hand, front & centre to watch the show. Edtard will whip out his cock & piss all over you & you will love every second of it.

Of course, you'll try to rationalise & justify it later, f.e. "Well, it was probably Ed's last show, so I had to be there" or "I don't know when I'll have the opportunity to see them again".

To my point: It's obvious you guys have lots mental issues & are severely co-dependent, to keep a one-sided abusive relationship alive for all this time, but that's fine. But please stop posting crap like "I'll never care about this band again" because we all know you're lying & it only makes you look even more like a fool.

It's pathetic.

This is why I'm a Dave only fan. I know my Dave will never let me down.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                          It's only a matter of time before Ed's stupid little dog tweets out the news...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker

Hagar will rejoin the band, Mike will be left out in the cold & you will all be there, $250 ticket in hand, front & centre to watch the show. Edtard will whip out his cock & piss all over you & you will love every second of it

no i won't
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by pete's brother
                              no i won't
                              Wanta bet?

Comment

Working...