Does the "Eat 'Em and Smile" Reunion talk say anything about the future of Van Halen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

I can't wait for ed and Sam to get back together what's not to like , the Dave thing has ran its course and who doesn't love a bit of car crash TV. Sam will bad mouth Dave, ed won't have wolf so will get hammered and get fucked up. This has soap opera all over it, diver downton abbey .
    I've never seen any van Hagar live but I look forward to any future shows as I do when I see those video clips on you tube of people sawing trees down with ladders against them.

Bring it on
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
      You guys are assuming Edtard even knows who Ralph is.
      He not only knows who Ralph is, he showed up at an early show and played the Balance record for their guitar player before it came out.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

And because wolf is off making music we will have to get Mike back , but Mike will have to do it for scale or do you guys have minimum wage ? Probably save some bucks if he makes his own packed lunch instead of having a rider.
        But at least we can get back to having the 5150 dance donniep loves , maybe even up date it. Sammy is a savvy guy may be he can create a 5150 2.0 dance.

Sammy could have the whole chicken foot guys be the support band , that would help Mike with the bills.

This is sounding better and better.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
          And because wolf is off making music we will have to get Mike back , but Mike will have to do it for scale or do you guys have minimum wage ? Probably save some bucks if he makes his own packed lunch instead of having a rider.
          But at least we can get back to having the 5150 dance donniep loves , maybe even up date it. Sammy is a savvy guy may be he can create a 5150 2.0 dance.

Sammy could have the whole chicken foot guys be the support band , that would help Mike with the bills.

This is sounding better and better.
          First off, if they bring back the 5150 Walk I will go to a show, jump the barricade and get in front of Ed and do it with them!!! I swear to God I will or I'll get locked up trying. Hell, when Sam finds out it was my site that posted the Sammy Death Hoax he'll beg me and Warf to come up on stage!

But seriously, on the 2004 tour I think Mike made what, it was either 8 grand or 40 grand a night. I can't remember how much.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Do you guys have those reality shows where celebrities dance against one another , strictly come dancing it's called in the UK. Dave has to do that , it is his density.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
              Do you guys have those reality shows where celebrities dance against one another , strictly come dancing it's called in the UK. Dave has to do that , it is his density.
              Hahaha!!! His density - you got the BTTF reference!

Yeah we have that. I don't think Dave should do it. He's embarrassed himself enough. I mean, I finally understand that he has the dance floor because he has to do something onstage and 9 foot toe touches off the riser are hard at any age. So the guy has to do something. But I think we've all seen enough of his dancing. Which, ya know, we bitched about the hired chick he danced with but what if he'd done that every nite with a real audience picked chick and that was ALL the "dancing" he did every nite. Maybe we kinda fucked that up, lol.

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I believe Ed knows he totally fucked the Van Hagar fans on the 2004 tour, because he was so wasted. I believe he'd like to right that, and end the Van Hagar era on more of a positive note, performance wise. I also believe Wolf will absolutely be involved, because he'll make more money reaching into Van Hagar fans pocket, than virtually anything else he could do.

They know they've bled CVH fan dry. They can't do a new album with a 4th singer, because frankly, it would be too much work. They know reaching into Van Hagar fans pocket is easy money, for at least a tour or two.

I'm willing to wager this happens, if anyone wants to step up to the plate.

Comment

• Dan
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                  I believe Ed knows he totally fucked the Van Hagar fans on the 2004 tour, because he was so wasted. I believe he'd like to right that, and end the Van Hagar era on more of a positive note, performance wise. I also believe Wolf will absolutely be involved, because he'll make more money reaching into Van Hagar fans pocket, than virtually anything else he could do.

They know they've bled CVH fan dry. They can't do a new album with a 4th singer, because frankly, it would be too much work. They know reaching into Van Hagar fans pocket is easy money, for at least a tour or two.

Oh Boy,This will Never Happen With Sammy Hagar again.

I'm willing To Put My Roth Army membership on the line.Ban me for life if The Tour With Sammy Happens.

Ok,I just step Up,Von.
                  First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Dan
                    Oh Boy,This will Never Happen With Sammy Hagar again.

I'm willing To Put My Roth Army membership on the line.Ban me for life if The Tour With Sammy Happens.

Ok,I just step Up,Von.
                    Then we'll be down to 7 active members.

It will happen. When it does and you lose the bet, you have to go see them!

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Then we'll be down to 7 active members.

It will happen. When it does and you lose the bet, you have to go see them!
                      Seems a bit harsh he didn't kill anyone

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

where do they want to play? House of Blues? Some clubs? Remember that on the last tour NONE of the shows (not even the first one!!!) was a sellout. they had to cover up half filled venues and two shows were cancelled.

to me this band is done. if they don't find a decent twist in their career and make a surprising move one can blow out the rotharmy torch...
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• vaijuju
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                          where do they want to play? House of Blues? Some clubs? Remember that on the last tour NONE of the shows (not even the first one!!!) was a sellout. they had to cover up half filled venues and two shows were cancelled.

to me this band is done. if they don't find a decent twist in their career and make a surprising move one can blow out the rotharmy torch...

Artist: Van Halen, Kenny Wayne Shepherd
                          Venue: Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl
                          Date: October 2 and 4, 2015
                          Gross Sales: $2,963,220
                          Attendance/Capacity: 30,632 / 34,867
                          Ticket Prices: $250, $35
                          http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Dunno about a wager, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. I don't think the thought of that would be something that was beyond the realms of possibility in Ed's mind.

They can't do an album with a new singer unless they finance and distribute it themselves, because no record label left that has any weight in terms of distribution would even bother with a Roth-less or Hagar-less Van Halen album, and Van Halen is far too lazy to try and do anything as innovative as self-financing and self-distribution. The Van Halens have an antiquated mindset when it comes to the music business.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I agree with most of this. I don't think Wolf is thinking about how he can make the most coin. I think he's young, hungry and interested in creating. He said he was annoyed with how long it took to record ADKOT. I wouldn't doubt we'll see his music out there by March or April of '16. Pushing that release by pretending to play bass on When It's Love just doesn't sound right, but hey, he's his father's son.

As far as the Hags returning, I see it as totally possible. There are 3 factions of fans. The Dave crowd, the Sam crowd and the 'I don't give a fuck who's singing, because it's all about Ed' crowd. 2/3 of the pie will suit the brothers just fine. I'm thinking they'll never make new music again. They are just too damn lazy and don't have one tenth of the creative juices flowing that Wolf has right now.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                                I agree with most of this. I don't think Wolf is thinking about how he can make the most coin. I think he's young, hungry and interested in creating. He said he was annoyed with how long it took to record ADKOT. I wouldn't doubt we'll see his music out there by March or April of '16. Pushing that release by pretending to play bass on When It's Love just doesn't sound right, but hey, he's his father's son.

As far as the Hags returning, I see it as totally possible. There are 3 factions of fans. The Dave crowd, the Sam crowd and the 'I don't give a fuck who's singing, because it's all about Ed' crowd. 2/3 of the pie will suit the brothers just fine. I'm thinking they'll never make new music again. They are just too damn lazy and don't have one tenth of the creative juices flowing that Wolf has right now.
                                Wolfie's hungry all right. By the time his scary good new record comes out they'll have to hoist him up on stage with a damn crane

Comment

Working...