Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • letsrock
    Veteran
    • Mar 2007

Cant get excited about OSU beating up on a school like New Mexico State.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

okay, fuck JoePa!!

there, I feel better. after last week, I'm ready for a real game.

PSU has won 2 of the last 4 in the series. Bucks can't let that shit continue. This was supposed to be for the Big10 title at the start of the year. Now, it's for 2nd place and a chance to stay alive in the race.
      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Well, this will be the ultimate test for Pryor, no doubt...

Happy Valley is gonna be nuts... It was nuts last year when my son and I went there for the Illinois whiteout game on a Saturday night.... I can just imagine what it will be for OSU...
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

A steady dose of Jordan Hall with some good defensive play could win it for tOSU. PennSt isn't really the powerhouse they've been made out to be.

Wisconsin really did a job on Purdue..it shows how inconsistent the Bucks are...it also shows tOSU's potential, since they jobbed Wisconsin.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Their defense is, Sheep....

I've never liked PSU's QB, but their defense is one of the tops in the country...

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              Their defense is, Sheep....

I've never liked PSU's QB, but their defense is one of the tops in the country...

With the exception of Iowa, the level of competition for their D hasn't really been tested. And of course this is where I say depending on which OSU offense shows up, it may go untested yet again. I give the defensive edge to my Buckeyes...just as long as they aren't on the field all day.

Pulling TP out in the second half against NM State wasn't a wise decision IMO. Pryor did dick in the 1st quarter against the Aggies...had a good 2nd Qtr, but I think he needed as many reps as he could get, especially with Happy Valley coming up.

He still makes me nervous. Are they trying too soon to teach him how to play like a pro-style QB, or are the qb coaches that bad? Don't tell me that BOTH of UC's less athletic QB's can run an offense more efficiently than the top recruit in the nation!! Something is wrong.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2007

Penn State will take an ass-whoppin'!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

We Are.... Penn State !!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

No...you are Penn State...

Now...

About the game.

Truth be told, neither one of these teams impress me all that much in the national picture.

Both have solid defenses. I still say this is one of the better tOSU defenses in the past several years. Unfortunately, with the ineptness of the offense, it doesn't do it much good...especially when they are on the field for three and a half hours against all the good teams they play.

Both have question marks on offense...

I think Ohio State's talent level on offense is better...and likely Penn State's play calling is superior than tOSU.

So who will win. Well, I've been to a bunch of games at both stadiums, prior to moving south, and will say the climate at PSU will be electric. I'm sure they have one of their redundant "white-outs" going today, which means absolutely nothing. Their fans are abundant and loud.

The key? Offensively, Ohio State has to shut them the fuck up...like they did in 2007. By the time the ignoramouses at Happy Valley got to their seats, tOSU was up 10 points. Game...Set...Match.

I don't buy the Penn State defense being one of the best in the country...not at all. Stats, in this case (including tOSU's D), are irrelevant. They've played a handfull of cockholders, and that's all I have to say about that.

That said, they are good against bad conferences...and the Big 10 is a bad conference right now, including tOSU. So...it should be enough...same for tOSU.

So, who's offense is better? Neither, but PSU is playing at home.

Of course, I think tOSU will win...hmmm.....

24-20 in a close game...

But if I were partial, I'd likely pick it the other way around...because of homefield.

Fuck Happy Valley...that old fucking senile coach...and that shithole town in the middle of fucking nowhere...

Christ...when are they going to announce that JoePa is really dead, and they've been weekend at bernie-ing him for the past ten years...

crazy bastard...
                    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

By the way....
                      If there are two better atmospheres for a college football game than in Columbus or Happy Valley...I'd like to see it. I've been to most big 10 campuses, but nothing compares to either one.

and...fuck the SEC...

and Fuck Iowa...

and Fuck the BCS...
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

LOL, yeah I always watch these jackasses talk about Clemson or Florida or Tennessee or Texas...

Gimme a fukkin' break....

It'd be nice if this game was at night, but then I'd have to TIVO it, me and my boy are going to see Dane Cook tonight...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

He'll be in Raleigh at the beginning of December...

Matt Millen announcing the game...oh joy...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Actually, he'll be there tomorrow at RBC bro...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Ahhh...makes sense...he was doing radio interviews all week...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

tOSU defense stout on the first drive...sack...stops...three and out...

Big return by Small...

Terrelle Pryor...TD...

He's a shitty QB right now...but he can fucking run...

Buckeyes 7

Nittany Lions 0...

Just what tOSU needs to do to shut down the crowd in Happy Valley...

Comment

Working...