X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redblkwht
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by conmee
    I love you like a brother RBW, but let's face it, the tickets ain't comin' and you'll be watching the game on a big screen like the rest of us... lmao

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.
    well her dad called today & asked for our address..
    i still have hope, cause he didnt say a word, nor did she back.
    Were playing it down thinking maybe they're late on xmas gifts.

I think your right, ill be in front of a tv..ahh well to dream.

GO BUCKS!! 12 days to go!

EUAS

Comment

• redblkwht
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
      lmfao...you Icon...

why don't you call your connections...get you and I tix...and fly down...

we'll both goto the game...

and crash at RBW's to tell him about it afterwards...
      That would indeed suck imagining you both at the door shitfaced
      too, hey can we crash?? uh sure, got more beer? hahaha.

EUAS

Comment

• redblkwht
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

well im officially watching the game on TV..
        we recieved holidays gifts yesterday,not in there.
        Im thinking of going close by the stadium to catch the
        pregame/close of festivities..i took the day off so im
        gonna try to make the most of it..
        cant wait to see the fans roll into town next week!

9 days to go!!

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Well...after Monday's drubbing of the Irish...this turns back to OSU hoops...

and what a day it was today for Ohio State hoops...

Ohio State was down 15 with 5 1/2 minutes left against LSU...

and won on a 3 pointer by Matt Sylvester...to win the game...

Sylvester...who drilled the shot that beat Illinois last year...and knocked them off their undefeated perch...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Ohio State vs. LSU

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GameCenter · Box Score · Full Play-by-Play · Recap · Shot Chart
            Sylvester caps off Buckeyes' rally with game-winning 3-pointer
            Dec. 31, 2005
            CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- There's something about big games and last-minute shots that seem to bring out the best in Matt Sylvester.

It was the Ohio State swingman who made the 3-pointer that dashed No. 1 Illinois' unbeaten season last March.

Hitting just 31 percent of his shots from the field this season, Sylvester hit another big 3 with 5.5 seconds left Saturday to cap a furious comeback and keep the 21st-ranked Buckeyes undefeated with a 78-76 victory over LSU.

"I don't know what I was thinking -- my mind was pretty much blank, hoping that I'd make the shot," Sylvester said. "But when I let that one go, I felt pretty good about it."

Ohio State (10-0) trailed by 15 points with just over 5½ minutes left and was down by 10 with 2½ minutes remaining before making every big play imaginable - and scoring the final 12 points - down the stretch.

"What a game!" Ohio State coach Thad Matta said. "I'm still a little bit numb."

Terence Dials led the Buckeyes with 24 points, Sylvester and Ron Lewis each added 14 and Je'Kel Foster had 12.

"We never gave up," Lewis said. "The whole thing, the whole time, we were saying we couldn't give up, that we had to stay together. We knew we could get a victory if we put our minds to it."

LSU (7-4), rattled near the end with a lineup dominated by freshmen, was led by Glen "Big Baby" Davis' 25 points. Darrel Mitchell added 16, Tyrus Thomas had 14 points, 11 rebounds and five blocked shots and Tasmin Mitchell had 12 points.

"It's not Christmas, it's New Year's," LSU coach John Brady said. "But maybe we gave them a game."

Davis' basket off a backdoor lob pass with 3:23 left gave the Tigers a 76-66 lead. But that was the final points for an LSU team that had three freshmen in the starting lineup and six among its top nine players.

Foster hit a 3-pointer from the right wing with 2:25 left and, after a miss by Davis, Sylvester's 3-pointer bounced around the rim before falling with 1:44 remaining, cutting the lead to 76-72.

Darrel Mitchell's 3-pointer was off the mark and Dials rebounded. The Buckeyes pulled within a point on point guard Jamar Butler's only 3-pointer of the game as the clock hit the 1-minute mark.

After a timeout, the Tigers tried to regroup but Thomas' off-balance driving layup missed and the ball ended up going out of bounds off an Ohio State player with 36 seconds left. LSU inbounded again and guard Ben Voogd patiently dribbled out front. He passed quickly to Davis, whose hurried air ball from 18 feet resulted in a shot-clock violation with 22 seconds left.

Ohio State called a timeout and then tried to work the ball inside to Dials, but Foster ended up sandwiched between two defenders at the free throw line. The ball popped loose for an instant and he regained it, awkwardly tossing a pass to Sylvester who was unguarded in the left corner.

"I knew Syl was open, and I was hoping to get him the ball," Foster said. "They were doing a great job with their defense."

Sylvester set his feet, took his time and hit nothing but net on the 3-pointer as a crowd of 16,136 erupted.

Sylvester, whose 3-pointer with 5.1 seconds left beat Illinois in the final regular-season game last March, said a classmate in a badminton class gave him a string of beads before the game. The classmate promised him they would turn around his shooting woes.

"He gave me the beads and I shoved them in my sock. I had them there the whole game," Sylvester said. "Now I'll have to take him out for a steak dinner or something."

The teams traded timeouts before Voogd brought the ball up the court and passed to Davis, whose 20-footer with a second left was off the mark, Thomas failing to tip it in as the buzzer sounded.

The game was a perfect follow-up to the last meeting between the teams. LSU beat the Buckeyes 113-101 in double overtime on Jan. 15, 2005. Eleven players scored in double figures, and the Tigers outrebounded the Buckeyes -- who hit a school-record 18 3-pointers -- by 20.

LSU, leading the nation in rebounding margin, backed up that statistic with a 35-29 advantage on Saturday, its young and talented front line dominating beneath the baskets except for when Dials was making one-on-one moves.

"It felt like it was 105-29," Matta said of the rebounding differential.

The Tigers led by 13 points in the first half only to have the Buckeyes cut it to 43-39 at halftime.

Ohio State came in as one of only nine unbeatens left in Division I, the first time it had opened 9-0 since the 1990-91 team won its first 17 games.

"I think we kind of quit playing to win and (started) playing not to lose," Brady said. "We had it going. We just didn't finish it off. It's a game we let go."

AP NEWS
            The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004-2005, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

OSU is 10-0...but has no fucking bench...it's going to kill them in Big 10 play...

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                Veteran
                • Feb 2005

NEWS FLASH : Just heard on the local Columbus news that Clorette (sp?) is on the run from the law...for armed robbery!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

On the run and captured...the dipshit...

Comment

• redblkwht
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

great game, btw.. would have not thought that we'd be up
                    at halftime..somehow i thought we'd have our hands full,
                    great gameplan by tressell, Smith/Ginn Jr is incredible 2006
                    will be a monster year again.

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

YO RBW...

check the frontpage...

and check out all the links...

it's on motherfucker...

oh...and redfire is online...pm the fucker...

Comment

• redblkwht
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        YO RBW...

check the frontpage...

and check out all the links...

it's on motherfucker...

oh...and redfire is online...pm the fucker...
                        dude, is been a rough week i lost 1 of my best friends
                        massive heart attack..i couldnt get back to chi town fast enough
                        pretty bummed lately to motivate myself, i may creep back
                        into a hole for a while bro, its real tough & taking it hard
                        i have no closure, he text messaged me & saw him a month
                        before we moved..i blew him off knowing wed hook up again
                        when i visit chicago..little did I know, huh.

psyh..

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Well bro...hope all is well...

that sucks...

how young?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Intersting scenario...

good receiver about to declare...

born in Columbus OH...grew up in California...

is between USC, Ohio ST and Georgia...

could use him with Holmes declaring...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

The fucker chose USC...homo...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

All's Wells
                                OSU-bound Wells' three TDs lead East to 27-16 win
                                Posted: Saturday January 7, 2006 7:20PM; Updated: Saturday January 7, 2006 9:11PM

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Ohio's Chris Wells ran for three touchdowns and was named MVP in leading the East past the West 27-16 in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl high school all-star game Saturday.

Wells, who's verbally committed to Ohio State, scored on a pair of 5-yard runs and another from 2 yards. He led all players with 67 yards on 13 carries.

"I think I can be a cutback runner," said Wells, a senior at Akron's Garfield High School. "But I think I can do a lot of things. Just like today, you saw I can be a power runner."

Wells, who rushed for 1,930 yards and 22 touchdowns as a junior, had the first score of the game on the 2-yarder in the first quarter.

Wells provided the go-ahead score 5:31 into the second half when, with the game tied at 7, he scored on the 5-yard run over the left side.

The score was set up by two passes from St. Augustine, Fla., quarterback Tim Tebow, who's verbally committed to Florida. He connected on a 56-yard pass with Vidal Hazelton and a 19-yarder to Jarrell Miller during the drive.

The West tied the score 7-7 on Texas' Jevan Snead's 21-yard touchdown pass to fellow Texan Ken Beasley in the second quarter. Snead, who threw two touchdown passes and is orally committed to the Longhorns, lofted the pass to the corner of the end zone where Beasley made the grab.

After Wells' scoring run in the third quarter broke the tie, the West cut the score to 13-10 on Kai Forbath's 37-yard field goal with 8:21 to go in the third quarter. That was set up by Chris Caflisch's 72-yard return of the kickoff.

But the West went up by 17 points when Forbath's fourth-quarter field-goal try was blocked by Brandon Graham and returned 65 yards by Raeshon McNeil of Mocksville, N.C.

Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Comment

Working...