Van Halen Secretly Planning for 2015 Tour ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • big fatty
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2004

Never understood the fucked up idea that VH suffered any drop in ticket sales. It's a completely false statement.

Fact is they simply just didn't sell out too many venues. No big deal in this current day and age considering higher ticket prices and so forth.

Here are the factual figures.

Total Attendance: 522, 296 divided by 46 shows equals an average of: 11, 354 people per show.

Total Gross : $ 54,425,548 divided by 46 shows equals an average of: $ 1, 183, 164 per show.

The year's 25 top-grossing tours, including Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Roger Waters, and more.

Other acts such as AC/DC, KISS and Motley Crue actually draw more fans to their shows these past ten years than VH. They have a higher profile and fanbase. Better management and more promotion as well as lower ticket prices.
    Last edited by big fatty; 03-15-2015, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by big fatty
      Never understood the fucked up idea that VH suffered any drop in ticket sales. It's a completely false statement.

Fact is they simply just didn't sell out too many venues. No big deal in this current day and age considering higher ticket prices and so forth.

Here are the factual figures.

Total Attendance: 522, 296 divided by 46 shows equals an average of: 11, 354 people per show.

Total Gross : $ 54,425,548 divided by 46 shows equals an average of: $ 1, 183, 164 per show.

The year's 25 top-grossing tours, including Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Roger Waters, and more.

Exactly...the average concert setup attendance maximum is in actual fact 14,000 (based on a 19,000 hockey/basketball capacity).

Like I said in a previous post, that puts VH at over 80% capacity every night and with tix that are at the higher end.
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• big fatty
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
        Canadian math?

There are two 20,000 plus venues right here in Detroit. So we own 2 of the 3 in North America.
        So what. Who gives a fuck.

Those venues are for sports.

Comment

• big fatty
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
          Exactly...the average concert setup attendance maximum is in actual fact 14,000 (based on a 19,000 hockey/basketball capacity).

Like I said in a previous post, that puts VH at over 80% capacity every night and with tix that are at the higher end.
          Yeah exactly I forgot to click your post there.

I thought I was the only one from Vancouver online. You remember in 2007 when VH played here it was almost sold out. Probably around 90% capacity or so.....

....But the very next week Bon Jovi played GM Place and completely sold out two nights.

I thought to myself thats kinda fucked up. But realize they just have more fans that appeal to a broader audience.

Nowadays, even Motley Crue recently sold out the same venue. AC/DC play BC Place.

It's because VH hardy promote themselves at all properly anymore. But still manage to do fairly well.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

So what. Who gives a fuck.

You must give a fuck. You quoted the post. Those venues host concerts, and seat over 20,000. You another dumbass trying to sugarcoat the fact that the arenas were barely over half full, and will be less on the next tour? To say there are only a few venues in North America hosting concerts that are 20,000 seat venues, is retarded.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Comment

• big fatty
                Head Fluffer
                • Jul 2004

You must give a fuck. You quoted the post. Those venues host concerts, and seat over 20,000. You another dumbass trying to sugarcoat the fact that the arenas were barely over half full, and will be less on the next tour? To say there are only a few venues in North America hosting concerts that are 20,000 seat venues, is retarded.
                No, You said in your post 2 of the 3 venues that held over 20, 000 were in your town. So that's why I said Who gives a fuck. No idea what that has to do with anything.

I'm just stating simple facts. Who gives a shit how many seats the venue holds. Fact is most of the shows did well over 10,000.

You are mentioning venues that SEAT 20,000, but not ALL of those seats can be sold at a concert. Dumbass.

Barely over half full my ass. From what I've seen and read from reviews the whole tour was at least 80% full on average.

Unless you think the seats behind the stage should count.

When you are in the venues you can see the empty seats behind the stage, up top in the nosebleeds , and a few seats scattered around the rest of the venue. Which is no big deal.

You make it sound like VH were playing to half empty arenas. Which is bullshit.

Unless your psychic there's no way to know what the attendance will be like on the upcoming tour. My guess is it will be about the same.

The Australian show did look a little odd from the video footage clearly that stadium was far too big for VH.
                Last edited by big fatty; 03-15-2015, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Other acts such as AC/DC, KISS and Motley Crue actually draw more fans to their shows these past ten years than VH. They have a higher profile and fanbase. Better management and more promotion as well as lower ticket prices.
                  More promotion?

The most remarkable thing about the whole Van Halen thing in the last 7 years is how little promotion they have done. Howard Hughs rock.

Comment

• big fatty
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    What the hell is that supposed to mean. Got something to say. Say it.

Obviously the venues are for sports it goes without saying.

Point of the matter is VH drew healthy sized audiences on the last tour.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The slightly strange thing for me in this little internet argument is that for me the ideal is the smallest most full venue.

This works at even the extremes, would you rather have seen VH at Madison Square Garden or Club Wha?

I realize that the point is they wouldn't do it at all if it gets small or that you don't want to be in a half full venue even if there are still 8000 people there but conversely smaller venues are always better as an experience. A theatre or a 2000 capacity venue is always going to be better than the local 'Walmart Arena' and cheaper too usually.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

If I see them at cafe wha do I have to have the melt down to
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Lol. Von, you do know that a 20,000 seat arena does not seat 20,000 for a concert typically, correct? Maybe "in the round".

20,000 means at capacity for standard events with all seats.

Typically most shows do not sell tix for behind the stage.

So the remaining seats are 14,000 capacity for a 19,000 seat arena, probably 15,000 capacity for a 20,000 seat arena.

Not barely half full...seriously man, you ok? I cant present the facts any clearer for you except to literally pull all the data for concert capacity.

I showed you one venue's stats...they are all the same man.

over 80% full on average...some more some less. So that would be substantially more than half. Just so we don't get more confused, half would be 50%.

So 80% is more than 50%.
                          Last edited by Romeo Delight; 03-15-2015, 11:33 PM.
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Who gives a fuck ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Got something to say. Say it.
                              I did...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

True. I'm just worried about Von is all. I don't want him to miss any medication and stop on some train tracks or something thinking its a drive in movie or retro diner.

We have to help each other Elvis when we can. EOD...
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...