Van Halen Secretly Planning for 2015 Tour ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
      They won't get another dime out of me.
      Was this decision made for you?
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Thanks Zzzzz...

You're a bullshit artist...
        Call it what you want... I just gave an honest opinion/assessment. The fact remains... while this specific show may not have been the best 2013 had to offer... It's the one stop when the band invested in recording shows that year. When I look at the overall wave a negativity being expressed over this Tokyo record... it's grown completely out of proportion to the criticism expressed when these shows occurred.
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Heater
          Foot Soldier
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          He was busy fingering your mother with the other one...
          Oh my God! TOO funny. And so original. Easy to see why you are a moderator here. I'm sorry, a SUPER moderator. That's gotta get you a shitload of puss.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            When I look at the overall wave a negativity being expressed over this Tokyo record... it's grown completely out of proportion to the criticism expressed when these shows occurred.
            I too recall the general concensus being that Dave was sounding better at the Japan shows than he did on the U.S. tour. I think the largest piece of fan disappointment is the fact that the band is only offering up an audio recording of a more recent show. Like many have said, if they gave the fans more of what they wanted and the live cd was a bonus disc, there'd be a whole lot less bitching about Dave no longer being Dave going on. It's their fault for not doing as much as they could, but it's our fault for having high expectations all of the time.

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              It's their fault for not doing as much as they could, but it's our fault for having high expectations all of the time.
              High expectations? How about an expectation of being somewhat close to being in range?

Van Halen isn't going to fill arena's with just diehard fans. They are going to need people to hear this, and say "Fuck yeah, I gotta go see that". No fucking way that will happen. Quite the opposite in fact. Just look at some of the diehard fans here that are already saying they won't pay to go see these guys perform like this, yet again.

As far as us saying they (Dave) sounded better in Japan, at that time, I think we must have had our VH ear muffs on. We were probably caught up in the moment. Now that time has passed, and we are subjected to this recording without having heard them in awhile, reality has reared its ugly head.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Von Halen
                Van Halen isn't going to fill arena's with just diehard fans. They are going to need people to hear this, and say "Fuck yeah, I gotta go see that". No fucking way that will happen. Quite the opposite in fact. Just look at some of the diehard fans here that are already saying they won't pay to go see these guys perform like this, yet again.
                This really is the gist of it right here. It's actually the worst of both worlds (no Samburglar pun intended) in that I seriously doubt newer/casual VH fans are going to listen to that and then be pumped up to see VH and neither are the diehards. Lose/lose proposition. Throw in the ridiculous cost of tickets these days and...yeah.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Von Halen
                  High expectations? How about an expectation of being somewhat close to being in range?
                  That's a legitimate expectation, of course, but Dave's odd range choice is just one of the problems with this recording.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                    it's our fault for having high expectations all of the time.
                    Geez...

Comment

• K9zeus
                      Roth Army Recruit
                      • Mar 2015

Is there any listed cities yet or just rumors?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by K9zeus
                        Is there any listed cities yet or just rumors?
                        Strong rumors in cities....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          Geez...
                          I meant we only have ourselves to blame for thinking they'll deliver the goods some day. Of course we're not to blame.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Heater
                            Oh my God! TOO funny. And so original. Easy to see why you are a moderator here. I'm sorry, a SUPER moderator. That's gotta get you a shitload of puss.
                            Well, your mom is certainly impressed. She asked me to tell you to take down your Red Rocker poster off the wall!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Updated Van Halen tour date rumors, according to reports from contacts in these venues:

1. San Manuel Amphitheater, San Bernardino, CA, July 5th (otherwise known as the US Festival site)
                              2. Xfnity Theatre, Hartford, CT, late July
                              3. Molson Canadian Ampitheatre, Toronto, ON, July 26th
                              3. Darling's Waterfront Pavilion (my guess), Bangor, ME
                              4. Royal Farms Arena, Baltimore
                              5. Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA, Aug. 29th
                              6. PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ, Sept. 4th
                              7. Madison Square Garden, New York, NY, Sept. (3 nights)
                              8. Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ, Sept. 27th
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Unconfirmed rumors...

Comment

Working...