Punks: Van Halen to Perform on Jimmy Kimmel on March 30th?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Comment

• fryingdutchman
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by fraroc
      If you think he sounded bad 2007-2008, then he sounded bad his entire fucking career.
      Dude....you really have to stop with the broad brushstrokes. That's probably among the top 5 most ludicrous posts I've ever seen here, and I've been hanging around for about a decade or so.

I love Dave. He's a master showman and the only true frontman for Van Halen.

But you're allowing your similar passion for DLR cloud your objectivity about the vocals. Last night was OK. But it was not spectacular, and it wasn't worthy of mucho dinero for live shows that are going to be virtually note for note repeats of 2 years ago.
      Originally posted by perilouspete
      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Caption this...

Comment

• fryingdutchman
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
          He can still be the showman and sing the songs in key (even if a lower register), and not be such a fucking cop-out pussy for his lack of effort.
          Boom...SPOT ON. Right there. If he kept it in a lower register he would be FINE.

But for some reason he continues to strain, and he even goes UP when the vocals on the original fucking recording went DOWN.

I think he's starting to take "I get up....and nothing gets me down" a little too literally.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE, DAVE? YOU DON'T HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING....YOUR LEGACY IS ROCK SOLID. ALL YOU'RE DOING WITH THE STRAINING VOCALS IS DIMINISHING THAT LEGACY AND MAKING YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A FOOL.

*end of rant*
          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
            Wolf just doesn't help DLR at all, he sounds just like his dad and that isn't the backing DLR needs.

It is like two EDs singing when wolf is joining in..no harmony of diversity in time.

So, DLR is all alone out there.

The magic of VH was when Ed and MA hit the same notes from different tonalities.

I believe Dave busted ass all this last month with a vocal coach he was ready more than ever then as fate would have it he breaks his fucking own nose min into the set.

Ever try to sing with watery eyes and two tampons up your nose swallowing blood .. the sinus is a major part of vocalizing...tough tough breaks my man....

He went on with the show. Pavarotti would have gone to the hospital in a helicopter and cancelled the show.

Dave was ready and now for all eternity the VH TV performance first in 30 years is him is with a bloody nose and playing catchup to Eds inability to deal with technical issues and regroup for the betterment of the show.

Oh well give Dave a few weeks he will get back on top.
            Excellent vid of what went down I believe he worked extremely hard on this gig and just owned himself as life sometimes sets up that way.. his voice before the band aid and cotton and the swelling sets in.......... excellent!!!

When he comes back up stairs and explains, I fucked my nose up... he sounds like a he has 10 cold and flu symptoms instantly ..lol...the breaks..?

Last edited by clarathecarrot; 03-31-2015, 06:51 PM.
            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ELVIS

Who would have thought that there would ever be a picture where ed would look the healthy one.
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

"Uncle Al, I think the wax figure is falling over!"

Comment

• WARF
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

CAPTION THIS

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                    Who would have thought that there would ever be a picture where ed would look the healthy one.
                    Who, the Kenny Rogers looking dude ??

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

His fucking ego is out of control. He even tried to explain away the nose injury to the crowd by saying "I hit myself with the microphone or something."

Like he's afraid to admit he had a misstep with his martial arts stick spin shit....like people would suddenly think he's not the world's greatest rock and roll singer/ninja or something.
                      Last edited by fryingdutchman; 03-31-2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                        "Try to brown nose me again, Dave and I'll have you squealing louder than any guitar feedback."

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

HEY! YOU IN THE FRONT ROW! YEAH, YOU! GIMME THAT FUCKING IN AND OUT BURGER, OR THE BASS GETS IT!

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

" And for my next trick, this random ordinary kid will eat this guitar."

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

"Say Ed, what is that whale doing on stage?"

Comment

• WARF
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Look at Dave....