X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 5150Clown
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2004

Theories. Could it be true?

Well the new conspiracy theory goes like this (and I must credit some of you in this board for coming up with some of this plot):

The VanHalens decided it was time and do a final tour. They said, "lets give the fans what they want and do a Dave/Sam tour with them". (because of the succeess of the Dave/Sam tour).

So then they called Sam,....he said "sure...I'm an idiot". And then they called "Dave" and Dave said NO!

Why not?

Well...here's the theory:

The sisters wanted Dave to do the first part of the show - Hell no! Dave is the ATTRACTION! "Tonights' about me"...that's right baby!

Dave was only going to perform a hand full of songs and Sammy would close every night and perform the majority of the songs. Hell no!

The tour would be called "The best of both worlds" with a record as well with the same title. Dave would have no say on song selection, pictures, desgn...etc. HELL NO!

Dave's pictures would be by himself and not with the band. HELL NO!

T-shirts would only have the new logo with Eddie's tradmark guitar stripes. No Dave, no sammy. Hell NO!

Dave had no say on song selection, stage design, ...etc, etc. HELL NO!

So you see boys and girls. There has been (according to this theory) an effort by the sisters to give us what we want, but thru it all, they want to give it to us with their statment that Dave is old news and he's worthless. Dave will not stand for that....HELL NO!!!!

The song that comes to mind is "Relentless!" For those that have the DLR CD...play it and think about the guilty old man that we're talking about here..>>EDWARD Van Halen.

After yesterday's interview on 96Rock in Atlanta....the day of a reunion is so darn far, we might as well start listening to the Eagles.
    "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"
  • Carmine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

I agree with your post in general, except for the ending. I beleive Dave was asked to do the 2 singer tour etc and said no. I beleive he told Ed " get this sam shit out of your system, do a tour, put out the record and when your ready to do this thing with me, the way it should be done, call me. I think this reunion with sam is just simply the opening act, the warm-up if you will. Same reason Dave has a few dates on his calender, I believe all roads lead to the real reunion--DAVE STYLE!!

Comment

• 5150Clown
      Head Fluffer
      • Mar 2004

Lord willing! I hope you are right my brother.
      "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• Carmine
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by 5150Clown
        Lord willing! I hope you are right my brother.
        I hope so too! seems logical doesnt it? I came up with this from several interviews I have heard, some rumors here, and posts here. It makes sense to me that Dave would want it this way: theory ( sam first, break, HUGE press conference, new album released, the tour, I say in 06)

Comment

• Figs
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

I don't think either one of them would agree to a 2 lead singer thing. But I can see the idea being pitched.

Comment

• Carmine
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

right, what do you think of the rest of the "theory"?

Comment

• Figs
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Being a pessimist, I don't think a reunion is already planned for a year or 2 down the road. I guess there is always some chance there will be one, money is hard to turn down even when you're already rich.

Comment

• Carmine
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Figs
                money is hard to turn down even when you're already rich.
                this being the key factor if they ever do it.

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

How about:

Eds got a new mortgage payment..

- and a new wife payment
                  - and a new kid payment
                  - and the WB/Time Warner-AOL music label dropped 'em (aka WBTWAOL Inc.)

- and things don't balance above royalty payments
                  - and Dave won't play for free to pull VH's Balances to Solvency

.. then it really IS better that Sam do an interrim tour before Dave rejoins.

For two reasons: Sam worked this tour cheap, and he really is an inter Rim.

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Perhaps Dave went and heard the new songs, listened to Ed play, and politely declinded the offer
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The part about Dave declining an offer from the Van Halen camp is true... all the rest of it... speculation.
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Think it came down to money in the end.

Possibly relating to the Van Halens renegotiating the royalty split for the 6 pack albums.

Suspect whatever has transpired between Dave and the Van Halens since Cherone left the band in 1999 didn't come to fruition because Dave insisted on an equal 4 way split, and the brothers didn't want to play ball.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jun 2004

i dont think its going to happen just for the fact that they are still taking shots at DLR...they wouldnt do that if there was something already planned with him. I think the original post is a nice piece of fiction....i agree that it could have been pitched as a two singer tour that neither singer would agree to because of their egos, and rightfully. And then judging by the interview they gave, they got a long better with sam and took him...dave out in the cold

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by 5150Clown
                            Well the new conspiracy theory goes like this (and I must credit some of you in this board for coming up with some of this plot):

The VanHalens decided it was time and do a final tour. They said, "lets give the fans what they want and do a Dave/Sam tour with them". (because of the succeess of the Dave/Sam tour).

So then they called Sam,....he said "sure...I'm an idiot". And then they called "Dave" and Dave said NO!

Why not?

Well...here's the theory:

The sisters wanted Dave to do the first part of the show - Hell no! Dave is the ATTRACTION! "Tonights' about me"...that's right baby!

Dave was only going to perform a hand full of songs and Sammy would close every night and perform the majority of the songs. Hell no!

The tour would be called "The best of both worlds" with a record as well with the same title. Dave would have no say on song selection, pictures, desgn...etc. HELL NO!

Dave's pictures would be by himself and not with the band. HELL NO!

T-shirts would only have the new logo with Eddie's tradmark guitar stripes. No Dave, no sammy. Hell NO!

Dave had no say on song selection, stage design, ...etc, etc. HELL NO!

So you see boys and girls. There has been (according to this theory) an effort by the sisters to give us what we want, but thru it all, they want to give it to us with their statment that Dave is old news and he's worthless. Dave will not stand for that....HELL NO!!!!
                            Sounds believable, actually. As a matter of fact, sounds like somethin' Dave would do, and he already said that he wouldn't go on stage w/Mike Anthony b/c he wanted a FULL reunion or nothing at all.

Let's play a game, shall we boyz & gurlz?

How low will the remaining 3 members of Van Halen go before yelling "UNCLE DAVE" and succumb to a reunion? Will they sink to extinction without burying their egos and calling Dave to save them?

Bets are on.......now......
                            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• interceptor
                              Groupie
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
                              i dont think its going to happen just for the fact that they are still taking shots at DLR...they wouldnt do that if there was something already planned with him. I think the original post is a nice piece of fiction....i agree that it could have been pitched as a two singer tour that neither singer would agree to because of their egos, and rightfully. And then judging by the interview they gave, they got a long better with sam and took him...dave out in the cold
                              unfortunatly, I think you pretty much hit it on the head. I posted this in another thread too, but there are two things VH is doing on this tour that really let down my hopes for a VH reunion with Dave. The first is how Dave gets NO PROPS WHATSOEVER in BOBW. No picture, no quote, nothing. The other thing is why there seemed to be a "push" to get Sam to sing more of the Dave songs for this tour If there was some grand plan to do a Dave/VH tour after this tour, why would they be having Sam sing any of Dave's songs? If Ed and Al have a tour planned with Dave after this, I'd think they'd just have Sam sing his catalogue only and save the classic VH tunes for Dave.

Comment

Working...