Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Train
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I think it went something like this: They asked, he said no, with all the outstanding issues between them, legal and otherwise. Then they got pissed cause they didn't get their way, went with Sam and in retalitation went out of their way to exclude his contributions to the greatest hits. Old wounds ya know..

Dave essentially called their bluff and it appears to me he is winning. They went their way with Sam and burned a LOT of bridges in the touring and record industry. The record did reasonably well but majorly underperformed to expectations. Likewise with the tour. So you have a few major companies left holding the bag. They essentially painted themselves in a corner and all he had to do was sit back and watch. The people who back these productions will no longer take the risks on Van hagar, will downsize them to 5, 000 seaters next time and they will end up on Sanctuary for their next record. I drove by WB today and they have a huge banner outside promoting that joke album.

Dave is now once again in the driver's seat because they absolutely NEED the boost his presence brings in order to continue in any capacity. In order to do that, they will need to settle all outstanding creative and business decisions.

All roads lead through Diamond City people...

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
      I think it went something like this: They asked, he said no, with all the outstanding issues between them, legal and otherwise. Then they got pissed cause they didn't get their way, went with Sam and in retalitation went out of their way to exclude his contributions to the greatest hits. Old wounds ya know..

Dave essentially called their bluff and it appears to me he is winning. They went their way with Sam and burned a LOT of bridges in the touring and record industry. The record did reasonably well but majorly underperformed to expectations. Likewise with the tour. So you have a few major companies left holding the bag. They essentially painted themselves in a corner and all he had to do was sit back and watch. The people who back these productions will no longer take the risks on Van hagar, will downsize them to 5, 000 seaters next time and they will end up on Sanctuary for their next record. I drove by WB today and they have a huge banner outside promoting that joke album.

Dave is now once again in the driver's seat because they absolutely NEED the boost his presence brings in order to continue in any capacity. In order to do that, they will need to settle all outstanding creative and business decisions.

Sounds about right.....
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• ClubDave
        Roadie
        • Aug 2004

dave loves his fans.......hell pay us back for anything as best he can no matter what

Comment

• Loons The Great

The whole Sam tour then Dave tour theory makes a little sense if the Van Failin' sisters were thinkin', well, Sammy is 65 we'd better do a re-union tour with him first....

Comment

• 5150Clown
            Head Fluffer
            • Mar 2004

[i]Dave essentially called their bluff and it appears to me he is winning. They went their way with Sam and burned a LOT of bridges in the touring and record industry. The record did reasonably well but majorly underperformed to expectations. Likewise with the tour. So you have a few major companies left holding the bag. They essentially painted themselves in a corner and all he had to do was sit back and watch. The people who back these productions will no longer take the risks on Van hagar, will downsize them to 5, 000 seaters next time and they will end up on Sanctuary for their next record. I drove by WB today and they have a huge banner outside promoting that joke album.
            [/B]
            I totally agree with this. If VH sticks with Sam, the big productions, big pockets and big labels will not back the sisters. Its' Dave or nothing. The sisters know it, Sam knows it, the industry knows it and Dave know it. The fans have always known it.
            "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• RogueHorseman
              Commando
              • Apr 2004

DING! DING!! DING!!!

We have a winner for the BIG FIRST PRIZE!
              <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

Gotta agree Big Train. Damn good post. 5 star vote to you sir!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                  Gotta agree Big Train. Damn good post. 5 star vote to you sir!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!
                  Same here, Train!

Could have sworn I had already voted on you, though...
                  <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• light 'em up!
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2004

That's good news, but at this point does it benefit Dave to reunite with the washed up Van Halens?

Comment

• Big Train
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Thank you all for your kindness.

It benefits Dave and it is something he still wants to do deep down. It benefits him now more than it would have a year ago, because it's all him calling the shots. They will HAVE to fix the royalty issues, they will HAVE to play a lot of 6-pack songs, which will pump up the catalog sales of those titles (which he would now be getting a fair share of), radio for those songs would ABSOLUTELY go up (which he gets performance royalties on) and they could all get a huge profile boost. Most importantly, if it went well, it could restore some luster to the tattered VH name. A new generation could see how it was supposed to be all along.

Comment

• Antman
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2004

I thought this theory came from a Las Vegas promoter who offered VH a Brinks truck of cash to do a show, not a tour with Roth and Hagar. I don't ever recall VH being willing to do this. It was rumored that Ed was pissed about the whole "Sam & Dave" tour in 02 and made some comments about it at a golf tournament. Allegedly Mike was forbidden to play with Dave. So I think the theory was a combination of rumors, none of which were ever confirmed.
                        When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• spmusicplyr
                          Foot Soldier
                          • May 2004

I think dave should stick with his solo group.
                          If he goes back with the sisters, they will have him by the balls.
                          No freedom. No control.

I love his solo music and i know for a fact that VH wouldn't ever play daves solo stuff, and thats what i'd like to hear the most.
                          I hear all of the van halen classics when DLR comes to los angeles and i see the atomic punks, so why would i wanna see the original line up with dave having no control.

I love his first 3 solo albums, EEAS, Sky, ALAE....some of his best work ever
                          Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

"Stop, stop, they're gonna ask ya

You're in the future

They're in the pasture

What the Asians call all soup with no fish"

Relentless 1998
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by light 'em up!
                              .. at this point does it benefit Dave to reunite with the washed up Van Halens?
                              On his terms, it would benefit me because I only seen Van Halen at portions of backyard parties when they sucked, and never after they made it with the Big Rock arena-type artillery.

Comment

• frenchie
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Jul 2004

i wait for the dave"s new album.nothin' more

Comment

Working...