• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacksmar
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Nirvana sucks

Nirvana sucks. Period.

They were a Melvins rip off and equally dull. The repetitious drone and verse was without question the most untalented, off-key butt seep recorded for no apparent reason.

Two More bullets…
    Nirvana’s record company brought unpolished, over-emotional music to the mainstream. That was their accomplishment.
    Nirvana brought their scared, inept fans with them and they should follow in their leaders step-drag, step-drag footsteps by becoming dried-up drug addicts and kill themselves.

Two More bullets…
    KC mumbled on stage and off, was totally fucked in the head, and was unfocused. KC was a drugged punk and a suicidal maniac, a first rate dumbass. The epitome of dumbass because he was the same guy that wins a lottery would and is dead with a heroin needle in his arm within 48 hours.
    And to the people how always tell me not to judge people because they do drugs………. a big happy Fuck Off on some rat semen. Drugs are for the scared and weak.

Two More Bullets…
    The biggest point getting missed is rock (Van Halen Roth style) is about pressing pussy, pussy chasing, even leaving pussy. It’s about partying and Fuck You to the mainstream. It’s about being up, being happy, even being sad but moving the fuck on from sad.
    Nirvana and the Lane Staley’s of the world are shoe gazers with a death wish and their “music” reflects them. They wallowed in the self-pity that reality would leave them having to accept and being stuck to answer to the mainstream. Makes for a great song.

Two More Bullets…
    i miss the comfort in being sad .. when I need somp'in to soothe my soul
    I listen to too much rock n' roll
    i wish i could eat your cancer .. I can’t wait to feel your love tonight
    meat-eating orchids forgive no one.. Nobody Rules these streets at night Like me The Atomic Punk
    sickening pessimists.. I’m takin' whiskey to the party tonight And I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze

No Fucking comparison.
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder
  • Golden AWe
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

so who wrote that story? i bet it wasn't you.
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Bullshit. I love NIRVANA. I think they wrote some of the catchiest fucking rock songs in history. If you don't get it, don't get it. I like punk rock (real punk rock, not GOOD CHARLOTTE), and I love three-piece grunge (a lot more than I like crappy 80s metal or pop). VAN HALEN contained that young raw spirit, and so did NIRVANA. They contained a sound that hadn't hit the mainstream yet, but they were the best writers of this stuff and that's why they hit big. The songs are so undeniably catchy...even on their debut BLEACH (which has slowly become my favorite NIRVANA album). Their music was completely ferocious, yet they could also pull off something like the excellent and creative MTV UNPLUGGED performance. And a big plus, they kicked ass in an era where music like Van Hagar was hogging my radio. NIRVANA made stations think twice before they played songs like RUNAROUND. And that was a very GOOD thing.

One of my favorite bands in the world, and I can't wait for their box set this November. Tons of new NIRVANA material for my collection.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Golden AWe
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

KC was definetely one, sad, weak human being and not very interesting as a person, plus he was only a mediocre talent with guitar, but what counts is that he really had talent on song-writing...

Why can't write a song/lyrics about anger, sour feelings, sad feelings, suicidal feelings? Bob Dylan did that, Jim Morrison did that, Metallica did that...what's wrong with that if it suits your music perfectly? Go ask Dave...

Dave's dad was a doctor. Layne Staley's dad was out of picture until his son started succeeding as a musician - then he showed up and got his son to use heroine. Can you blame Layne for wanting to have a father, but his father ends up using him just to finance his drugs?

We don't all have to commit suicide after we listen to Nirvana or AIC, or wear old clothes and worn jeans, we can enjoy and appreciate the athmosphere, feelings, sadness etc. behind this music.

Besides, jacksmar sounds like a guy who's next move is to open a thread about Poison or Motley Crue. I feel I'm wasting time here.
        Originally posted by Cato
        Golden, why are you FAT?
        Originally posted by lesfunk
        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• BruinJer
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2004

Nirvana and Alice In Chains were two of the most unique bands I have ever heard...

Nirvana was what the rock/metal world (YES, I typed METAL) was looking for. They had raw energy, not over produced cheezy love songs that were being released at the time. The 60s had Black Sabbath & Led Zeppelin to end that decade break the popular mold... the 70s had Van Halen the 80s had Nirvana. Just listen to Aneurism (live) and crank it up... If I may steel a line from Ozzy Osbourne "That's what rock & roll's about"!!

Alice in Chains rode that Seattle avalanche... but had a sound that was an excellent mix of Metal & Grunge with a very dark, evil, sad message. They brought the pathetic drug world to you in song... and it was deep. It's such a shame that it had to end... they had some much more to give to the rock world!
          Last edited by BruinJer; 09-21-2004, 07:47 PM.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/Chickies.jpg

Comment

• BruinJer
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
            Bullshit. I love NIRVANA. I think they wrote some of the catchiest fucking rock songs in history. If you don't get it, don't get it. I like punk rock (real punk rock, not GOOD CHARLOTTE), and I love three-piece grunge (a lot more than I like crappy 80s metal or pop). VAN HALEN contained that young raw spirit, and so did NIRVANA. They contained a sound that hadn't hit the mainstream yet, but they were the best writers of this stuff and that's why they hit big. The songs are so undeniably catchy...even on their debut BLEACH (which has slowly become my favorite NIRVANA album). Their music was completely ferocious, yet they could also pull off something like the excellent and creative MTV UNPLUGGED performance. And a big plus, they kicked ass in an era where music like Van Hagar was hogging my radio. NIRVANA made stations think twice before they played songs like RUNAROUND. And that was a very GOOD thing.

One of my favorite bands in the world, and I can't wait for their box set this November. Tons of new NIRVANA material for my collection.
            I was lucky enough to grow up listening to a radio station like KNAC (in L.A) who had the balls to play Nirvana, Alice in Chain, Mud Honey & Soundgarden before anyone ever heard of "Smells like teen spirit". With that said... I agree, Bleach is an excellent album! I'm also looking forward to the Nirvana Box set.... that's a must buy!
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/Chickies.jpg

Comment

• jacksmar
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Golden, I wrote what you read. Pardon my temerity.

A Nirvana box set? Wow. That speaks volumes. Did I miss that much by not pissing away any money for 4 pieces of shit that aren’t worthy of licking the backside of a New York hookers diaphragm after she’s been laid by some Haitian bisexual intravenous drug user? I think not.

The songs are not catchy unless you like to put a set of headphones on while committing suicide by jumping from some bridge. Only a stoned negative creep could understand this bullshit. All I want to know is why KC waited so fucking long to blow his head off? And the unfortunate part is an asswad like KC would still be alive today if those assholes around him hadn’t “intervened”. And obviously KC was a fucking liar because he had a least one gun.

I don’t think to many people quite get the “80’s pop metal hair band greedy glam” music.
              Moreover it speaks volumes about what most people understand about making music.
              Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Nirvana and the rest of the lumps were about void, shoe gazing. Anyone with a mind of their own wouldn’t allow anyone to drag them down. But these Pied Butt Pipers led a group of morons around like a dog that has to take a shit in the same location everyday. That location was void.

Granted the “mousse abuse” bands were the stereotype but there were songs that didn’t fit that bullshit either. Mr. Scary comes to mind and Joe Satriani had some songs that didn’t fit the 80’s mold either. But if your qualification is that 80’s music sucked, then: all 80’s music sucked including Metallica, Megadeath, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Pantera, Accept, NIN, Alice Cooper, Anthrax, Queensryche, Scorpions, Rush, Yngwie, Pink Floyd, Testament, and FUCK ME RUNNING BACKWARDS NAKED THROUGH THE RAZOR BLADE PLANT-------- David Lee Roth had a couple of projects during the fucking 80’s.

Your fucking premise is flawed beyond the dead rat semen Nirvana music, because David Lee Roth doesn’t suck. Period. And last time I checked there is not one damn thing cool or ferocious about being dead. Just ask KC. Hey KC, pull that shotgun from your mouth for a minute and see if we can get an exclusive from you and Lane.

Oh and by the way, about that “Seattle Sound or GenX or grundge”; see if you can guess which Chicago record that sound was either borrowed, lifted, stole, or (as the mp3 downloaders or thieves call it) “shared” from. Nothing original. So much for raw spirit.

Roth’s Van Halen had energy, passion, technical ability, a sense of humor, and showmanship. No comparison. You went to the real Van Halen show to feel their energy and the dynamics of a live event. You didn’t sit with some feigned reverence pretending what you were seeing was something more than a pretentious bunch of assholes that wanted you to buy their product. Real Van Halen made you stand up and bang your mother fucking head, dance with your chick, raise your fist and yell. Somebody get me a shot.
              Two more bullets.

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

I look at it this way, Nirvana were heavy, they played distorted guitars and they rocked. Although not a full blown soloing Heavy Metal machine, they kept the metal flame alive. Even if it was termed grunge. I dont listen to them that much, but they did keep the
                Rock flame burning, others would argue they killed it
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Don Corleone
                  Veteran
                  • May 2004

For a band that sucked, Eddie Van Halen was desparate to get up on stage and jam with them.... Did you not know that? Fact Eddie used to turn up with his guitar at gigs and Kirk Cobain used to tell him to bugger off.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• jacksmar
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

No Godfather, I did Not know that.

Sounds like EVHagar was going through his dark years before the 1996 real reunion.
                    There’s a lot of that with EdwardVanHagar. He and Val ran around with the Pretenders at one point.

I’d tell EdwardVanHagar to get lost too. He has his own band with David Lee Roth.

Otherwise, I can’t understand why the EVH would want to be a backing guitar player for KC, but he seems to like that role and chases after it.
                    :confused:

Comment

• Huggy Bear

Originally posted by jacksmar
                      I can’t understand why the EVH would want to be a backing guitar player for KC, but he seems to like that role and chases after it.
                      :confused:
                      Let me answer that question for you's... Ed is a spot light junkie. He always was, he always will be (right now he's using tradgedy as a way to keep the light on him). I heard the story that Don Corleone refers to (deepest respects Don Corleone, I hope you won't be offended if I run with this one), it was in the early 90's if I remember right, when Nirvana's star was on the rise, and Van Hagar's was sinking faster than the Kursk. Eddie was desperate to appeal to the young kids that Nirvana were attracting to gig's, and even more desperate for the spotlight to be back on him.

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Huggy Bear
                        Let me answer that question for you's... Ed is a spot light junkie. He always was, he always will be (right now he's using tradgedy as a way to keep the light on him). I heard the story that Don Corleone refers to (deepest respects Don Corleone, I hope you won't be offended if I run with this one), it was in the early 90's if I remember right, when Nirvana's star was on the rise, and Van Hagar's was sinking faster than the Kursk. Eddie was desperate to appeal to the young kids that Nirvana were attracting to gig's, and even more desperate for the spotlight to be back on him.
                        It was December 1993...four months before Cobain killed himself. Eddie came backstage at a show on Nirvana's IN UTERO tour. He was extremely drunk and kept slobbering on about wanting to come on stage. He then looked at Nirvana's rhythm guitar player, Pat Smear, and slurred, "You're not gonna let the Mexican go on but keep me out of it, are ya?" Cobain was not impressed. He and Smear were rather disillusioned that a childhood hero could be such an asshole.

NIRVANA didn't allow Eddie onstage that night.
                        Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
                          Golden, I wrote what you read. Pardon my temerity.

A Nirvana box set? Wow. That speaks volumes. Did I miss that much by not pissing away any money for 4 pieces of shit that aren’t worthy of licking the backside of a New York hookers diaphragm after she’s been laid by some Haitian bisexual intravenous drug user? I think not.

The songs are not catchy unless you like to put a set of headphones on while committing suicide by jumping from some bridge. Only a stoned negative creep could understand this bullshit. All I want to know is why KC waited so fucking long to blow his head off? And the unfortunate part is an asswad like KC would still be alive today if those assholes around him hadn’t “intervened”. And obviously KC was a fucking liar because he had a least one gun.

I don’t think to many people quite get the “80’s pop metal hair band greedy glam” music.
                          Moreover it speaks volumes about what most people understand about making music.
                          Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Nirvana and the rest of the lumps were about void, shoe gazing. Anyone with a mind of their own wouldn’t allow anyone to drag them down. But these Pied Butt Pipers led a group of morons around like a dog that has to take a shit in the same location everyday. That location was void.

Granted the “mousse abuse” bands were the stereotype but there were songs that didn’t fit that bullshit either. Mr. Scary comes to mind and Joe Satriani had some songs that didn’t fit the 80’s mold either. But if your qualification is that 80’s music sucked, then: all 80’s music sucked including Metallica, Megadeath, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Pantera, Accept, NIN, Alice Cooper, Anthrax, Queensryche, Scorpions, Rush, Yngwie, Pink Floyd, Testament, and FUCK ME RUNNING BACKWARDS NAKED THROUGH THE RAZOR BLADE PLANT-------- David Lee Roth had a couple of projects during the fucking 80’s.

Your fucking premise is flawed beyond the dead rat semen Nirvana music, because David Lee Roth doesn’t suck. Period. And last time I checked there is not one damn thing cool or ferocious about being dead. Just ask KC. Hey KC, pull that shotgun from your mouth for a minute and see if we can get an exclusive from you and Lane.

Oh and by the way, about that “Seattle Sound or GenX or grundge”; see if you can guess which Chicago record that sound was either borrowed, lifted, stole, or (as the mp3 downloaders or thieves call it) “shared” from. Nothing original. So much for raw spirit.

Roth’s Van Halen had energy, passion, technical ability, a sense of humor, and showmanship. No comparison. You went to the real Van Halen show to feel their energy and the dynamics of a live event. You didn’t sit with some feigned reverence pretending what you were seeing was something more than a pretentious bunch of assholes that wanted you to buy their product. Real Van Halen made you stand up and bang your mother fucking head, dance with your chick, raise your fist and yell. Somebody get me a shot.
                          Two more bullets.
                          What a bunch of psychobabble.

See, if you don't like that sound, if you don't like SOUNDGARDEN, NIRVANA and that whole scene, good for you. Who gives a shit? Should I burn my BADMOTORFINGER and BLEACH albums and go pick up an ACCEPT album or a SCORPIONS album? No thanks. See, I kinda find BADMOTORFINGER to be super-heavy...a lot like BLACK SABBATH. And BLEACH I love because I grew up on punk rock and indie music, and it has a lot more balls than fuckin' ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE (God, I hate that song).

Before NIRVANA came out, POISON was on top. And I hated them. I hated the crap some of my schoolfriends were listening to. And when NIRVANA came along, a ton of great bands followed and at least radio was bareable again. For a while.

If you think it's all about staring at your shoes, good for you. I hear a lot more in it. Any ALICE IN CHAINS album rocked a lot harder than a moron POISON album.

And ALICE COOPER? Dude was great in the 70s. In the 80s...ecchh. If you like FEED MY FRANKENSTEIN and the song POISON, then tone down your NIRVANA insults. Your credibility is shot with me. Yet, I think it's still subjective.

Your posting style sucks. Making fun of suicide ain't going to make your point for you. You're not going to convince anybody to stop liking NIRVANA, but it sure seems like you have a lot of deep-rooted bitterness about it.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Wayne L.

I agree with you 100% that Nirvana sucks because their influence & their impact is diminishing while crazy music critics comparing Kurt Cobain to the late, great John Lennon is ludicrious.

Comment

• Figs
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Nirvana, AIC, Soundgarden, STP - all great! Hair bands had a couple of ok songs, but were mostly corny. Hardcore from the 80's evolved into Grunge (Soundgarden was on SST records) and hard rock was no longer a cariacature.

Comment

Working...