• badhorsie

Nirvana kicked ass.

That is all.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

I like Nirvana.. I didn't at first...

I still can't sit through an entire album...

Having said that.. I generally agree with both sides here on this one...

I love In Bloom...

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

I never really overly cared for Nirvana, either...as the original post opined, "they were a Melvins ripoff" and I sorta thought the same thing for a while myself, at least until they established their own identity. Not surprising, considering Kurt was Buzz Osborne's tech and Dale Crover played drums on a bit of Nirvana's first album. The influence would be obvious. I believe I read an interview with Cobain saying that they had a cassette they were listening to right before recording Bleach - Melvins on side A, Celtic Frost on B.

Do I think Cobain was a genius of any sort? No.

I don't dislike Nirvana, but I don't really think it was anything special either. If it's great for other people, that's great, but the whole Seattle thing was NOT my cup of tea at all...I was one of the poor suffering metal heads in the 90s wondering what the fuck happened...

But I won't discredit Nirvana for reaching a lot of people, because they most certainly did.

Not only that, but I love Dave Grohl, so what the hell
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• turboblues

In both eras we had good and bad music. And you don't have to have a master degree in fretboard masturbation to write a good song (altough I like that too). Let's cut that narrow-minded crap!

Comment

Working...