Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Jacksmar,All I will say is "Nevermind" asshole.
    BTW..Agree with you Rikk.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dan
      Jacksmar,All I will say is "Nevermind" asshole.
      BTW..Agree with you Rikk.
      Thanks DAN. Jacksmar is a very bitter man.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• jacksmar
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Sorry this is difficult for you guys. Rikk, the single common thread: Drugs. Didn't say Hendrix couldn't play. If you think drugs made him a better person, ask him.

KC couldn't play and I care that Jabs hauls ass, technically and otherwise.

I'm not laughing KC's den wall coarse with buckshot, I'm laughing at him with the people laughing at KC all the time.

Nothing funny about Nirvana still getting airplay. Cant see a Nirvana reunion though can you? Pull out all your lame, overdone 80's references. Doesn't bother me because, whether I actually like any the bands I pulled out of the air, most are still alive and well. I can go to their shows and watch really good guitar players. Tell me again how bad Vai played for Roth during the evil '80s'?

Keep listening to whatever bullshit Nirvana song carries you down the well and either hangs you there or you drown from exhaustion. They still suck and the comparison to Roth's Van Halen can't be made.

I'm sure the last thing Krist Novoselic was thinking about when he heard that his longtime friend had shot himself wasn't "What about the band?"
        I'm sure the last thing Krist Novoselic was thinking about when he heard that his
        longtime friend had shot himself was

......did he lean into it?

Two more bullets.
        Last edited by jacksmar; 09-22-2004, 03:14 PM.
        A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
          I'm sure the last thing Krist Novoselic was thinking about when he heard that his longtime friend had shot himself wasn't "What about the band?"
          I'm sure the last thing Krist Novoselic was thinking about when he heard that his

Two more bullets.
          Jesus Christ, you are a sick psycho.
          Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• jacksmar
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I’m really not Rikk. Didn’t much care for Nirvana.

KC left a lot fans shaking their heads.

Drug use is bad. Casual use is as bad.

Life is good.

Roth rocks life.

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

Never thought much of Nirvana while they were around, seemed like teen-age flavor of the month. Appreciate them more now. Always thought that Alice in Chains were WAY more influential. Dug the heavier GRUNGE bands, like MUDHONEY, TAD, AIC, SOUNDGARDEN, SCREAMING TRESS. There's always diamonds in the rough, no matter HOW shitty the music scene is.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Life is good.

Roth rocks life.
                Yeah, but that drug stuff is bullshit. The 80s bands used just as many drugs as anyone else. In fact, Hendrix was not anywhere the drug-taker that so many other bands were. It's a huge conception that his music and persona were all drug-related. It's just not true. And he died of an overdose of European sleeping pills (very strong ones) that he had taken the morning of a court date for legal proceedings from a record label dispute. And Morrison was an alcoholic...though it's rumored he experimented with drugs the night he died.

If you really think you are going to dismiss bands by going down the drugs/not drugs classification path, you're sorely mistaken. Drugs have been in rock 'n' roll forever. And so many of these 80s bands that you love so much were into them as well. Are you a Motley Crue fan??

Dismissing NIRVANA with the anger and bitterness you've shown, plus the suicide jokes, has been kinda disturbing. You don't have to like them. I don't like the SCORPIONS. But I wouldn't go nuts on them either!
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• pete
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Sorry this is difficult for you guys. Rikk, the single common thread: Drugs. Didn't say Hendrix couldn't play. If you think drugs made him a better person, ask him.

KC couldn't play and I care that Jabs hauls ass, technically and otherwise.

I'm not laughing KC's den wall coarse with buckshot, I'm laughing at him with the people laughing at KC all the time.

Nothing funny about Nirvana still getting airplay. Cant see a Nirvana reunion though can you? Pull out all your lame, overdone 80's references. Doesn't bother me because, whether I actually like any the bands I pulled out of the air, most are still alive and well. I can go to their shows and watch really good guitar players. Tell me again how bad Vai played for Roth during the evil '80s'?

Keep listening to whatever bullshit Nirvana song carries you down the well and either hangs you there or you drown from exhaustion. They still suck and the comparison to Roth's Van Halen can't be made.

Two more bullets.
                  scorps boldest musical deviation is going from a major chord was a minor chord - pretty innovative. they've remade the same album over and over for 20 years. glad your small mind remains satisfied.

If I want guitar playing I listen to Steve Vai. He shits on them in deed and practice.

It's all relative. And maybe yours should cease inter-breeding.

Comment

• jacksmar
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Hell, they all use drugs. John Denver, Ricky Nelson. Jimi didn't have a soul around him that gave a shit on that tour. He was just a dollar sign. Morrison should have known better; drugs and booze kill.

No I won't have the conversation and say Nirvana sucked because they used drugs. When drugs became more important than their band or a life, then they can get a dismissal from anyone. And that goes for every band. Frehley and Criss and the rest.

I just pulled the Scorps out of the air.
                    Bitter? As Ford noted I stated once, my band was dropped like a sack of shit from 'the label'. Doesn't mean this was the 80's or that I was in a band as a full time member. I'll leave it at "some guys' didn't play on their own records and 'some guys' did because they were hired by 'the label'. Some guys became band members at 'the label'. End of my bullshit career when Nirvana broke. But I'm not quitting. Got a new project happening with a 'distribution' clause, 'royalties' (I already get ASCAP checks), and 'regional tour support'. Probably, maybe, almost again. Who cares? I do.

And after too many years of practice I finally get to record one of my favorite guitar solo phrases from VHII. There's a real cool moment on the beginning of 'Light Up The Sky' phrase that I get to use the bar with.

Life is good.
                    Last edited by jacksmar; 09-22-2004, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• jacksmar
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Cease inter-breeding?
                      Pretty funny.
                      Incest is relative.

Comment

• pete
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

LOL

Comment

• Keeyth
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2004

I'm staying out of this whole thing other than to say this:

Being a musician, I like a broad range of music from a vast array of bands. I like some of the stuff Nirvana did, but it was a far cry from my Van Halen of the early '80's, so at first I was not into it. However, given a chance, there was a lot of good shit from that band, as time has shown. Alice in Chains rocked even harder/better than Nirvana IMO, but that's just personal opinion.
                          Now, (for the part that is probably going to get me skewered on a spit) I also liked some of Poison's stuff too. "Nothing but a Good Time" was so much in the early Van Halen vein of party tunes, that at a time when I was severly craving the return of Dave to VH, I got into it and still think it's a pretty good tune, as were a couple of their others... ...I also think that the Scorpions had some great tunes as well (although I must say, I hate RYLAH as well, as it was the first song I ever played on stage with my first band in a talent show, and we must have played it 300 times in two weeks, because my guitarist heard it for the first time just two weeks before we were to go on stage. We took second place with it though )

My point is this: Don't come on slamming other bands just because you don't seem to identify or undestand what they are trying to express in their music. In those cases sometimes the old adage "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" works pretty well...

NOTE* The one exception to the above paragraph is : Van Hagar!!
                          Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• Keeyth
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2004

Life is good.

Roth rocks life.
                            Uh, hey bozo, Roth also likes to rock the good green weed. Read his book. Therefore, he uses drugs, at least casually, so what's your problem? I don't think the drug arguement has any relevance to dislike of Nirvana or anything else...
                            Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• jacksmar
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Bozo?
                              My head is still on my shoulders and intact. And Roth’s casual use got him busted too didn’t it. PR stunt? Doubt it for 10 bucks of weed.
                              Let The Music Do The Talkin’

And “Don’t Piss me Off”
                              Last edited by jacksmar; 09-22-2004, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Bozo?
                                My head is still on my shoulders and intact. And Roth’s casual use got him busted too didn’t it. PR stunt? Doubt it for 10 bucks of weed.
                                Let The Music Do The Talkin’

And “Don’t Piss me Off”
                                Drugs are a bad thing for life, but often a good thing for rock 'n' roll. First off, Dave and Ed used tons of cocaine during the early years, and it probably helped the music. Have you ever listened to LOSS OF CONTROL and wondered what fueled it??

Second, Aerosmith was a great band and made amazing records...but only when they were using tons of heroin or cocaine.

Check mate.
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...