How can people deny the impact Nirvana had?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don Corleone
    Veteran
    • May 2004

How can people deny the impact Nirvana had?

Take a look;

Now don't get me wrong comparing EVH to Cobain in terms of technicl ability is like compairing Jesterstar (Cobain) to a retard (EVH) in terms of wits (Jester would get owned again). But to deny the impact Nirvana had is just ignorance.
    Roth Army Militia
  • secrets
    Foot Soldier
    • Apr 2004

LOL. Nice analogy. I was a big Nirvana fan in the 90s. You can still hear their influence today.
    Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

• Coyote
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

I can't deny it, but I can choose not to listen to it.
      (Can't stand Cobains vocals or guitar-tone)
      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

can't deny that the impact of a shotgun shell spared us from any more of Cobain's misery.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Coyote
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
          can't deny that the impact of a shotgun shell spared us from any more of Cobain's misery.
          here, here!:bottle:
          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• academic punk
            Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Anyone familiar with the story when Ed showedup drunk at a Nirvana concert and begged to play with the band?

Apparently, Cobain lied and said he wished he could let him on stage - because Eruption would sound killer as the solo to "Teen Spirit" - but unfortunately they had no spare guitars (HUGE lie).

Ed then turned to Pat Smear, and then said, "well, what about his? Let me borrow the little Mexicans guitar!" (Smear is not Mexican)

Ed was so drunk that he got on his hands and knees and begged. A friend of Cobain's found the whole scene so sad and pathetic that he actually turned of his video camera and discontinued filming the incident out of pity.

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
              Nirvana WAS pretty painful. I'd be happy if they never existed, though I can't say they bother me much nowadays... Worse that that, though, is Britney Spears.

Am I making any sense here?

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Don Corleone
                Veteran
                • May 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
                Anyone familiar with the story when Ed showedup drunk at a Nirvana concert and begged to play with the band?
                I'd heard a similar story, and I've heard that Ed showed up at a few shows with his 5150 guitar.
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Don Corleone
                  Veteran
                  • May 2004

However nothing builds a legend quite like an early death. Think about that. How would Dave or Ed be remembered today if one of them had joined the choir invisible back in '83
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• pete
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Kurt made some amazing music, but I would agrue his influence.

His band killed the bloated drivel that hair bands had become.
                    He made some amazing music.

As far as his influence, well I know who his influences were. I hear them. Those are the influences.

His untimely death mystified things a bit.

They had an impact.

Not as influential as people think, IMO.

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2005

Unfortunately, Cobain's influence spawned many of the shitty bands you see on TV today.

I'm not saying that Nirvana were bad, though. I liked them, but Soundgarden were better.
                      ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• pete
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

yep

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

NIRVANA is one of my favorite bands. And I like them even more now than I did when I was a teen. SOUNDGARDEN was also great. Same with STP, ALICE IN CHAINS and other bands of the era.

NIRVANA were simply incredible...great guitar sound, lyrics, energy, vibe, songs...music needed a kick in the ass by a great rock 'n' roll band. Before NIRVANA, rock had been dead for a few years.
                          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• kentuckyklira
                            Veteran
                            • Sep 2004

Just because they had an impact doesn´t mean they weren´t complete and utter crap!

Luckily, Cobain lied about not having a gun. One down, two to go!
                            http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• rustoffa
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

He'd probably still be alive if Love hadn't had him offed...well, if he had got the heroin addiction under control as well.

Comment

Working...