• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shaun Ponsonby
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Oct 2004

Rikk Exposed

This was posted by Rikk on LINKS.

This is his take on OU812, a Van Hagar record.

"Hey, it's a great album. BLACK N' BLUE, CABO WABO, FEELS SO GOOD and AFU are all great songs. MINE ALL MINE is also amazing!

"Mind you, BLACK N' BLUE's lyrics aren't exactly Shakespeare, but the music and vocals are still amazing in that one. BLACK N' BLUE is probably my second-favorite Hagar-era VH song (after HUMANS BEING)."

He also claims to own 'Live: Right Here', Right Now on video

Now, in no way am I judging Rikk with this thread, I simply want some answers.

As the man responsible for The Sheep Pen, I found it shocking that Rikk likes Van Hagar.

I am now worried. What if the rest of the Sheep Pen Mob like Hagar?

Worse still, what if The Sheep Pen is corrupt?
    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

Re: Rikk Exposed

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
    This was posted by Rikk on LINKS.

This is his take on OU812, a Van Hagar record.

"Hey, it's a great album. BLACK N' BLUE, CABO WABO, FEELS SO GOOD and AFU are all great songs. MINE ALL MINE is also amazing!

"Mind you, BLACK N' BLUE's lyrics aren't exactly Shakespeare, but the music and vocals are still amazing in that one. BLACK N' BLUE is probably my second-favorite Hagar-era VH song (after HUMANS BEING)."

He also claims to own 'Live: Right Here', Right Now on video

Now, in no way am I judging Rikk with this thread, I simply want some answers.

As the man responsible for The Sheep Pen, I found it shocking that Rikk likes Van Hagar.

I am now worried. What if the rest of the Sheep Pen Mob like Hagar?

Worse still, what if The Sheep Pen is corrupt?
    Oh shit... LOL This is old news. I think Rikk has said several times, without taking sides, he liked Ou812. No biggy really. I am an avid Roth-head, have been since 1978 at the age of 8- But I didn't mind half of 5150. The point is, the Army isn't the place for peddlin' Van Hagar, and Rikk isn't. But Bill listening to Loverboy and Max listening to the Go Go's... Now that's corrupt!
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Oct 2004

But, it makes him a hypocrit.
      Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• seenbad
        Commando
        • Jan 2004

I jam to men without hats. should I be banned?
        sheepa lotta peepa dahba looka fo uh moopy

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by seenbad
          Men without Hats? Yes. Yes you should. LOL Jam as in playing guitar to it? What songs? (just curious as I like to "jam" to various tunes, but MWH never crossed my mind)
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Carmine
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Yes!

...immediatley!

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
              But, it makes him a hypocrit.
              No, it makes him human. I'll tell you what. From Van Hagar I like (for various reasons) Poundcake, Black n Blue, 5150, Summer Nights, Get Up and Good Enough. Doesn't make me a hypocrite. I dont think? lol

Comment

• American Gypsy
                Groupie
                • Apr 2005

Shaun,
                It would make him a hypocrit if he didn't tell the truth, man.
                Crackling bullshit just to stroke a website is hypocritical.
                Know thine enemy.
                Have a nice day!

Comment

• Roguesgirl
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2005

no cuz we can dance if we want to...
                  TLC
                  You KNOW I got the blues.
                  Can you dig it?
                  Welcome to Massachusetts. Now get the FUCK out of my way!

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Nice try, SHAUN. Nice coincidence this happened now, ain't it? Funny, I just responded to your PM and then saw this thread.

Here's my response to you in PM...

You want to know the kind of Links poster I was before Brett and I went to war because I was too much of a "pro-Rother, always bashing Hagar fans"? Check this out then...this is me at the Links...

"I guess it still always boils down to opinion. I've heard Sammy say MANY things. I've heard him say that the original 6-pack were only good musically, I've heard him say that he'd go out and pick those albums up just for the guitar-work... Sam pretends he's a Van Halen fan, but the truth is, he doesn't even know all the band's songs. What I hate most about the Sammy-era was not just that I don't like Sam's stage-demeanor, voice, lyrics or politics...but also that the original Van Halen band was as dead as it could be. An entire song catalog was ignored, the band's image and attitude were more in-line with late 80's pop rock bands instead of the giant extraveganza they were in the late-70s and early-80s. And Sam simply acted as if this was the band. I've actually heard him in one interview call the Hagar-led Van Halen line-up "THE classic Van Halen". He really thinks he walked in and fixed up a broken band. And it disgusts me. But the thing I loved most about Van Halen in the 80s was that with all the horrible pop-rock bands around, Van Halen were sort of the rebels. They were huge, they sold tons of records...but they didn't jump on to the REO Speedwagon bandwagon...there's an episode of BEHIND THE MUSIC describing how Van Halen stood out in a cold, bleak time. Once Hagar joined...they WANTED to sound more like Journey, Styx, Def Leppard, etc. And that's fine...but you suddenly realized why the band thought Dave was controlling...he simply didn't want them going down that path."

Yeah, talk about a closet bi-Halener. And that's one of the nicest ones.

Here's one from early 2003, but before I came to the Army. It's obvious how much I'm a "closet Sammy fan":

"Lyrics aren't necessarily what literally matter. I think James Brown accomplished more in his career with one song than Sam has in thirty years of mediocrity. Take SEX MACHINE...what's it about? Duh! But does it say it well? Damn straight! It's about attitude. Iggy Pop can tell you that any day. "I got a lust for life! Liquor and drugs!" Damn straight! It's not what's said, it's how it's said." People keep typing, "Nobody expects Van Halen to have intelligent lyrics." Absolutely right. But how about good lyrics? That's a totally different thing. MEAN STREET's lyrics surely aren't intelligent...but they sure are good. "Somebody said FAIR WARNING...Lord, strike that poor boy down!" Fuckin' A, Dave. That's a helluva lot more rock 'n' roll than "I can't stop lovin' you, no matter what I say or do, you no my heart is true...wo-oh...I can't stop lovin' you." C'mon...what is this? Grade 4 poetry day? Don't you think there's a reason that far more people would cringe at the second lyric? I'm not saying it's about comparing the intelligence of the two. I'm saying it's about the quality, attitude and originality. And the second lyric is about as original as taking off your clothes in a nudist colony.

Here's me last Christmas 2003 when the new "reunion" was announced:
                    "Van Halen with Hagar is not a good enough reason for people to get excited again. It's like, "That line-up again? Ho hum." "

You want something older? No PROBLEM. This is the post that started a fight with Brett and made me leave the Links and VH-internet land for a year because I was always getting in trouble for fighting with Ched-heads:

"See, dummy, this is the problem. You read lyrics like that, YOU don't get it. To you it doesn't mean anything, because you don't understand the value of good wordplay, of attitude in the writing. You'll be happy if the lyrics stay as dumb and unchallenging as, "You miss a beat, you lose the rhythm." Wow, that's so profound. That's like saying, "When I go down, I'm not going up." Wow. How deep. You'll never get it, so fans like you will keep making unbelievably stupid comments like THE INSIDE is better than ME WISE MAGIC. All it's about, oh Sambo-heads, is that we think one singer is better because the music he's produced is consistently better, and maybe we think he looks better on stage. "I can't stop lovin' you, no matter what I say or do, you know my heart is true...oh-ooh, I can't stop lovin' you." Yeah, Walt Whitman would be proud."

This is from August 25, 2002:
                    "Ridiculous...songs like "Voodoo Queen" are a million times better than horrible songs like "Spanked." And even with producers supervising, albums with Hagar are not nearly as timeless. Dave has been their first choice the last few years, so if it doesn't work out, music won't be the reason. There's obviously something personal. I would say Hagar will return only as a consolation prize for Dave not returning. Ed knows which of his songs are classics, and it sure ain't MAN ON A MISSION or SUCKER IN A 3-PIECE."

Here's yet another, kind of explaining my hatred of Sammy even though I own all the albums...this also from 2002:

"And I don't like Sammy, so if he rejoins, I don't have to listen. It's not a matter of anger or "showing" Eddie...it's just that, after the last few months of thinking about it, I really don't want to hear more Van Halen with Sammy Hagar singing. The truth is, I just don't like the guy. I think he's an idiot and an asshole. But hey, it's just music."

Or how about this?:

"While I appreciate your idea, I just really want Dave back in the band full-time. If they don't want to do it, if they claim that can't happen, no problem. I don't have to listen."

Here's me in 2001, talking about YOU CAN'T GET THIS STUFF NO MORE:

"Be interested to hear the original version with Hagar singing. He later sued the band and won a settlement, claiming the melody Dave is singing is (in certain parts) the same one he came up with and recorded for the BALANCE album. Maybe he was just mad because the song suddenly had some balls. Old foagie."

Now, there you are. That's all 100% RIKK from the Links. I made a few nice comments about Van Hagar songs here and there. I still maintain that HUMANS BEING is a good song. Van Hagar? Shit, horrible band. Sammy Hagar? Deserves to die. Ruined a great band. But the Pen is about attacking Roth-haters, not weeding out people that have listened to Van Hagar.

Now, I think you owe ME an explanation on who's been feeding you shit and why you're bring this up now. Huh, Shaun? Explain your real source. Everything I've told you is 100% accurate. Coincidence you posted the same post GUWAPO's been posting for months.
                    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Hey, Guwapo, lurking this thread, hmm? Give it up, boy. You lost. A long time ago. Your delivery boy tried. And the people sure didn't give a shit.
                      Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Roguesgirl
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2005

So, whats the shocking discovery? :confused:
                        TLC
                        You KNOW I got the blues.
                        Can you dig it?
                        Welcome to Massachusetts. Now get the FUCK out of my way!

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Same ol' shit. GUWAPO is a bitter man. He really thinks that posting that shit for the 1000th time is going to get people to turn on me. Shaun Nobody really thought he would start this thread and people would carry me out of the Pen waving pitchforks. Too bad. I liked the guy.

The FAB/GUWAPO connection strikes again, falls on their faces and then wonders why the site doesn't side with them against the "evil-doers". Everyone knows who the real liars are.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• seenbad
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Roguesgirl
                            no cuz we can dance if we want to...
                            That's my girl.
                            sheepa lotta peepa dahba looka fo uh moopy

Comment

• Brett
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Why is this news, and why does it matter? And learn how to spell "hyporcrite" if you're going to use the word dumbass Poon.

Oh happy B-Day Rikk btw, haven't been around much lately.

Comment

Working...