Karl Rove Shoots His Big-Fat, Chickenhawk Mouth Off!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Karl Rove Shoots His Big-Fat, Chickenhawk Mouth Off!

Democrats demand Rove apology
    Bush adviser said liberals urge ‘understanding’ for 9-11 attackers

The Associated Press
    Updated: 4:03 p.m. ET June 23, 2005

NEW YORK - Democrats demanded Thursday that White House adviser Karl Rove either apologize or resign for accusing liberals of wanting “therapy and understanding” for the Sept. 11 attackers, escalating the rancor that threatens to consume Washington.

Rove’s comments — and the response from the political opposition — mirrored earlier flaps over Democratic chairman Howard Dean’s criticism of Republicans, a House Republican’s statement that Democrats demonize Christians and Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin’s comparison of the Guantanamo prison to Nazi camps and Soviet gulags.

White House press secretary Scott McClellan came to Rove’s defense, saying the president’s chief political adviser was “simply pointing out the different philosophies and different approaches when it comes to winning the war on terrorism.”

“Of course not,” McClellan said when asked by reporters whether President Bush will ask Rove to apologize.

What he said
    Rove, in a speech Wednesday evening to the New York state Conservative Party just a few miles north of Ground Zero, said, “Liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers.” Conservatives, he said, “saw the savagery of 9/11 and the attacks and prepared for war.”

He added that the Democratic Party made the mistake of calling for “moderation and restraint” after the terrorist attacks.

During the 2004 campaign, Bush dismissed the notion of negotiating with terrorists and said, “You can’t sit back and hope that somehow therapy will work and they will change their ways.”

Rove’s comments quickly escalated the bitter divide between the parties that could get worse as Congress prepares for what may be a drawn-out political fight, possibly this summer, over a Supreme Court nominee.

New York Sen. Charles Schumer said Rover “took something that is virtually sacred to New Yorkers” — the tragedy of the Sept. 11 attacks — “and politicized it for political, opportunistic purposes.”

“Karl Rove is not just another political operative,” added New York’s other Democratic senator, Hillary Rodham Clinton. “He sits in the White House, a few doors down from the president.”

Rumsfeld caught in crossfire
    At a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing Thursday, Clinton urged Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld to repudiate the “insulting comment.”

Rumsfeld replied that it “is unfortunate when things become so polarized or so politicized.”

Schumer and Clinton joined the four Democratic senators from Connecticut and New Jersey in a letter to Rove requesting that he immediately retract his comments. “To try to score partisan, political points at the expense of the 3,000 victims and their families was unacceptable and opportunistic,” they wrote.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., wrote a similar letter to Rove from House Democrats.

Schumer said Rove’s comments might have been made in the heat of the moment and he was willing to accept an apology. But “if they try to stonewall,” he said, “then I think resignation would be called for.”

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., also said Rove, the political mastermind behind Bush’s election victories, should fully apologize for his remarks or resign. Dean said Bush should “condemn Karl Rove’s desperate and divisive attempt to help the Republicans regain their political footing.”

Republicans condemn Pelosi
    Republicans, meanwhile, have recently condemned House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., for calling the Iraq War a “grotesque mistake,” and demanded and finally got an apology from Durbin for his linking detainee abuse and Nazis.

And they were unapologetic about Rove’s comments.

“The Republican leadership priority is to have our troops hunt down, kill or capture terrorists before they try to attack us again at home,” said Ron Bonjean, spokesman for House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill.

“The Democratic leadership priority is to actively engage in the politics of division and distraction that can undermine our national security in favor of a left-wing agenda,” he said.

Increasing public doubts about the Iraq war have emboldened Democrats to challenge the president’s policies. Republicans, in turn, contend that criticism undermines the war on terror.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a Republican running for re-election in an overwhelmingly Democratic city, issued a statement urging both sides to keep politics out of the war on terrorism. “We owe it to those we lost to keep partisan politics out of the discussion and keep alive the united spirit that came out of 9/11,” he said.
    © 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Fat fucking liar! Rove is a chickenhawk that slandered JOH McCAIN in 00!' Fucking drop dead alreay instead of sending AMERICAN troops to die in his oil war based on lies!
  • academic punk
    Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Who was the South Carolinan who birthed "dirty politics" and died of a brain tumor at the age of 40?

Just asking...

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Re: Karl Rove Shoots His Big-Fat, Chickenhawk Mouth Off!

“Liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers.”
      You gotta admit...that's pretty much the truth.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• thome
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Mar 2005

Ro--ve vs. Laberals Now thats interesting

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Re: Re: Karl Rove Shoots His Big-Fat, Chickenhawk Mouth Off!

Originally posted by BigBadBrian

BULL FUCKING SHIT YOU ASSHOLE
          Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• academic punk
            Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Uh...no.

But it seems SOMEONE who resides on Pennsylvania Avenue has a pretty relaxed approach to getting the guy who perpetrated the attacks...

(eager to go after and get the guy that he went into the job to get...but didn't really do much of a policy change after the fact...)

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
              Uh...no.

Uh huh.

Yep.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Name: Karl Rove
                Born: 1950
                Employer: The U.S. Taxpayer - Baal
                Conflict Avoided: Vietnam

Notes: This little cherub was born on Christmas Day, 1950. Karl “Bush’s Brain” Rove ran George W.’s campaign, right down to the tiny detail of deciding Bush was going to run. The hardest part was convincing a horde of Republican skeptics that it could be done. He is said to have said of his boss, he’s "the kind of candidate and officeholder political hacks like me wait a lifetime to be associated with."

Now Karl’s Senior White House advisor. If he really is “Bush’s Brain,” and if the fondest wishes of former US Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV come true, one fine day Karl will be “frogmarched out of the White House in mandcuffs.” Will history record that event as “Bush’s Lobotomy?”

Chickenhawks

Comment

• academic punk
                  Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Uh huh.

Yep.

Well, as one of your so-called "liberals", I'm eager to see the son-of-a-bitch dangling with a noose around his neck around a lamppost in front of Ground Zero, which is twenty blocks from where I live, you fucking goofy idiot.

So shut up. (even though usually it's entertaining when youn display your ignorance with such enthusiasm)

can't help but notice you ignored the second half of my orioginal post.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: Re: Karl Rove Shoots His Big-Fat, Chickenhawk Mouth Off!

Whatever toughguy...

Why don't you defend sending AMERICAN kids to die in the desert for nothing along with your hero RUMSFELD?

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: Karl Rove Shoots His Big-Fat, Chickenhawk Mouth Off!

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      Whatever toughguy...

Why don't you defend sending AMERICAN kids to die in the desert for nothing along with your hero RUMSFELD?
                      If you'd recall, I've never defended Rumsfeld. Never.

Find a post or thread of me doing so. You won't be able to do it.

Comment

• academic punk
                        Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

YOu've gone on record on no less than 80% of your posts defending the policies of this administration.

Guess who's setting those policies?

Checkmate.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: Karl Rove Shoots His Big-Fat, Chickenhawk Mouth Off!

No, just his policies and his logic...Faulty logical bullshit like this.

Comment

• thome
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Mar 2005

Re: Re: Re: Karl Rove Shoots His Big-Fat, Chickenhawk Mouth Off!

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            Whatever toughguy...

WHOOH settle down our congress and the 72 % of the U.N. sent us
                            to IRAK

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: Karl Rove Shoots His Big-Fat, Chickenhawk Mouth Off!

Originally posted by thome
                              WHOOH settle down our congress and the 72 % of the U.N. sent us
                              to IRAK

Unprepared, under equipped, with no plan for an "insurgency"

Now it's Congress' fault?\

and the UN ???

jeezus you're dumber than I thought
                              Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Working...