• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

New Rolling Stones Album in Eight Years Confirmed

Link

THE ROLLING STONES are finalising plans for their studio album in eight years.

Expected to be released on September 5, it’s believed the band have recorded 18 tracks from which the final album will be selected.

The album was recorded in France during late 2004 and spring 2005 with producer Don Was. Mixing took place in Los Angeles earlier this summer.

Among the tracks being considered for the album is ’Neo-Con’, which is believed to be an attack on the politics of George Bush and the Republican administration.

Meanwhile other songs that may feature on the record include: ’Oh No, Not You Again’, ‘Back Of My Hand’, ‘She Saw Me Coming’, ‘Under The Radar’, ‘Look What The Cat Dragged In’, ‘This House Is Empty Without You’, ‘Walking Alone In The Rain’ and ‘You Drive Too Fast’.

The album, is the band’s first studio since 1997's ’Bridges To Babylon’, while ‘Oh No, Not You Again’ which the band performed live in May when they announced their forthcoming world tour in New York, is rumoured to be the first single.

As previously reported, the Rolling Stones kick off their world tour on August 21 in Boston, Massachusetts.
  • academic punk
    Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Has it been eight years? Shit.

I happened to enjoy Bridges. It didn't really have any outstanding tracks - and I haven't played it in years - but it was solid and there was nothing awful on it.

This should be interesting, but I wish they would go back to make a largely acoustic-based, rootsy album, like in the tradition of Beggars (or - eek - 'Smiths Honkin on Bobo). regardless, I'll be buying it.

Comment

• Loons The Great

I digs Might As Well Get Juiced from B to B. Saw the Stones in '98, too...great sho' fo sho'...

Comment

• academic punk
        Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

I saw them at Madison Square Garden in '98, which for them is the equivalent of playing oyur local bar.

The sound was amazing, the band sounded great, and I remember this teenage girl in front of me jumping up and down throughout the whole show, singing along to every lyric. I remember being stunned that this was a group of people on stage who probably had the same effect on this girls mother twenty years before. Pretty fuckin' cool.

It was one of THE very best shows I've ever seen.

Comment

• rustoffa
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Saw 'em on Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, and Bridges To Babylon here.

Steel Wheels was outdoors...just a drunk-fest in the heart of yella jacket cuntry.

We ended up like spitting distance from the stage in the crowd @ bridges....

Had really good seats at the Voodoo Lounge show....those fucking 50-foot honky tonk women inflatables went up in like 30 seconds. Unbelievable.

ALOT of money is spent on the production, to put it mildly.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
            Saw 'em on Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, and Bridges To Babylon here.

i've seen every Stones tour since Steel Wheels...
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
              Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I have my tickets for the show in Ottawa next month, baby!!!!!!
              Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Been so long since the Stones put out a decent album.

Saw 'em on the Steel Wheels Tour. Great show. Studio efforts post 1981? Not so much.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

my very first concert ever was the Steel Wheels tour in L.A. with GNR and Living Colour. Those were also the last four shows Adler played with GNR. I saw the second night.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The Stones aren't fans of the BCE's policies. They released the single "HighWire" in 1991 as a commentary on Poppy's war on Iraq.

Looking forward to what they have to say about Junior's fuckups. Looking forward to this album in general. Early reports suggest it's a return to classic Stones form.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FORD

Looking forward to what they have to say about Junior's fuckups. Looking forward to this album in general. Early reports suggest it's a return to classic Stones form.

I'm looking forward to this as well....but have you ever noticed that early reports for all their albums since Steel Wheels have suggested a return to classic form?

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
                        I'm looking forward to this as well....but have you ever noticed that early reports for all their albums since Steel Wheels have suggested a return to classic form?
                        Well..... compared to "Undercover" and "Dirty Work" they were.

Seriously though, I still think Voodoo Lounge was a true classic Stones album, and I count it among their top 5, along with "Some Girls", "Exile", "Sticky Fingers", and "Out of Our Heads".
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2005

I like Dirty Work alot...Its '80s production style but also the most aggressive album.

Agree with Voodoo being a classic...

...Steel Wheels is a classic IMO as well.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Voodoo Lounge was very good....Love is Strong was classic Stones, very much like the late 70's early 80's. Reminded me of Emotional Rescue.
                            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
                              i think Don Was hears that and intentionally fucks everything up. i wish they'd use a different producer. from what i read, he squashes a lot of song ideas.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...