Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
      Jagger's last solo album was SHYTE...
      Yeah, I don't know what he was thinking, working with that pansy from Matchbox 20.

I was hoping for another album like "Wandering Spirit" which is his best solo work.

The song with Lenny Kravitz was great though.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Keef & Mick stopped writting together ages ago....

Lost the magic.

Keef says he hasn't thought about writing a "hit" in decades.......

Maybe he should.............

Comment

• Golden AWe
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

I'll give the new album a chance...but probably won't be buying it...my collection still lacks many of the classic Stones-albums, have to get them first...
          Originally posted by Cato
          Golden, why are you FAT?
          Originally posted by lesfunk
          Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
          http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

"She's the boss!!"

Now THAT was shite....

Comment

• VonHalen
              Foot Soldier
              • Jul 2005

40 licks tour was great

Comment

• muffinman14
                Full On Cocktard
                • Jun 2004

Saw "Bridges to Babylon" at the Metrodome and the sound was so terrible everybody I was with, including me, just wanted to get the fuck out of there. NOTE TO THE ARMY: Do not go see the Stones if they play the Metrodome!!!

Comment

• academic punk
                  Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                  Keef & Mick stopped writting together ages ago....

Lost the magic.

Keef says he hasn't thought about writing a "hit" in decades.......

Maybe he should.............

Actually, look at the Stones "hit singles", and they're all consistently written primarily by Mick since Srticky Fingers. Brown Sugar, Tumblin' Dice, It's Only Rock 'n' Roll, Miss you, Shattered, Emotional Rescue, Undercover, Mick was the inital catalyst for ALL of these, both lyrics and music.

In fact, as far as controllign the direction, the last time keith really did was back on Dirty Work. And though it has moments, it's hardly among their best efforts.

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
                    Actually, look at the Stones "hit singles", and they're all consistently written primarily by Mick since Srticky Fingers. Brown Sugar, Tumblin' Dice, It's Only Rock 'n' Roll, Miss you, Shattered, Emotional Rescue, Undercover, Mick was the inital catalyst for ALL of these, both lyrics and music.

In fact, as far as controllign the direction, the last time keith really did was back on Dirty Work. And though it has moments, it's hardly among their best efforts.
                    Hmmmm...So Mick wrote the riff for "BROWN SUGAR"?!? WTF?!?
                    And the riff for "Tumblin' Dice"?!?
                    Hmmmm.....that doesn't seem right...................cause it ain't.

Keef's solo stuff & Tours were WAY better than anything the Stones have done since "SOME GIRLS".
                    In my humble opinion.

Comment

• academic punk
                      Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                      Hmmmm...So Mick wrote the riff for "BROWN SUGAR"?!? WTF?!?
                      And the riff for "Tumblin' Dice"?!?
                      Hmmmm.....that doesn't seem right...................cause it ain't.

Keef's solo stuff & Tours were WAY better than anything the Stones have done since "SOME GIRLS".
                      In my humble opinion.

It's absolutely true.

Brown Sugar was written by Mick while he was filming Fitzcaraldo (for an account of the Stones recording it at Muscle Shoals, read Stanley Booth's "The True Adventures of the Rolling Stones")(great book, also has a first hand account of Altamont).

Same with Tumblin' Dice, originally it was titled "Good Time Women", and was at a faster tempo. Keith suggested slowing it down.

Want another? "Sympathy". Check out Godard's "One Plus One". Mick brought it in. Initally it sounded like a little slow-paced folk tune. The Stones began experimenting with different rhythms, and eventually Keith suggested the samba approach.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
                        It's absolutely true.

Brown Sugar was written by Mick while he was filming Fitzcaraldo (for an account of the Stones recording it at Muscle Shoals, read Stanley Booth's "The True Adventures of the Rolling Stones")(great book, also has a first hand account of Altamont).

Same with Tumblin' Dice, originally it was titled "Good Time Women", and was at a faster tempo. Keith suggested slowing it down.

Want another? "Sympathy". Check out Godard's "One Plus One". Mick brought it in. Initally it sounded like a little slow-paced folk tune. The Stones began experimenting with different rhythms, and eventually Keith suggested the samba approach.
                        Actually, Mick was filming "Ned Kelly" in Australia. "Fitzcaraldo" wasn't made until the 80's.

I've heard "Good Time Women" on at least 2 dozen bootlegs, and it never seemed to be noticeably faster tempo than "Tumblin Dice". They might have written it a little faster, but by the time it got to the studio that wasn't the case.

Sympathy for the Devil was indeed a complicated recording, starting with the tempo changes and ending with last minute lyric changes, with the "who killed the Kennedys" part added literally days after Bobby Kennedy was murdered.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• academic punk
                          Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          Actually, Mick was filming "Ned Kelly" in Australia. "Fitzcaraldo" wasn't made until the 80's.

Ned Kelly...that's right. He had some sort of accident with one of the props, and had stictches on his wrist, and as PT was playing a lot of guitar. This was all right around the time that Brian Jones died too.

BTW, Mick was also the germ behind "honky Tonk Women". it was originally written on acoustic and had a similar vibe to Let It Bleed's "Country Honk".

And it was Ry Cooder, not Keith, who came up with the ringing intro.

(Cooder is also the slide guitar on BB's "No Expectations")

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I just heard the new single "Rough Cut," or something like that, on CANADIAN radio. It's an up-tempo rocker in the vein of "Start Me Up." I liked it.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

They are here now rehearsing for the tour.

Comment

• academic punk
                                Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Some Girls was also primarily Mick's baby.

Miss You, Some Girls, Lies, Respectable, Shattered...just about any of the songs with Mick playing guitar is an indication he wrote it.

Oh, also Fool to Cry, which keith has gone on record as saying he detests. Apparently he even began falling asleep one night while playing it on stage. The feedback from his wah-wah pedal woke him up.

I'm certain drugs had nothing to do with it.

Comment

Working...