Dave Mathews Band: Pure, unadulterated SHIT.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Dave Mathews Band: Pure, unadulterated SHIT.

First off, I have a pretty diverse taste in music. Bluegrass, Punk, Metal, Country, Disco, Black Metal, Hard Rock, Easy listening...you name it.

The Dave Mathews band is another story. I don't even know their story...it sounds like Dexy's Midnight Runners...but not even happy. You remember that song "Come On Eileen?" That was not the Dave Mathews Band. No, The Dave Mathews Band performs music for worms. I'm not kidding....the only fucking life form I can think of that would like The Dave Mathews Band is worms.

They're segmented and shit....plus they probably don't have a stereo.

Fuck that atmospheric, violin-laden, dope and granola fodder. Is it cuntsidered Jam Band stuff? If it is, I'd suggest someone award every single member of the Dave Mathews Band the ultimate Jam Band nod.

You know what that is? It's a fucking filthy Birkenstock sandal Jammed' down the throat of the recipient.

Dave Mathews Band:
    You produce nothing but soul-sucking drivel. Quit now. Take the royalties for every single song you've recorded and go quietly into that silent night. May ten million worms feast on your decaying skulls.
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Yes, yes,and yes.
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Frat rock horseshit !

Fucking boring tripe along with John Mayer , Jack Johnson ,David Gray
      Widespread Panic and the likes..................
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Man they are in a league with Bloatie & The Hootfish....

Mindless fluff for the masses...soulless barf with no redeeming value....save as a flock of cash cows for the record labels...

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

How CAN I disagree with you, Rustoffa, when you're so obviously right on the fuckin' money?

The whole DMB thing exploded into my consciousness in about 1996, when they were seemingly suddenly out of nowhere being played on the radio nonstop, and I never got the appeal of it. DM doesn't have much of a voice to speak of, and the musicians he had playing with him obviously knew how to play their instruments, but it was like they learned one groove and proceeded to play it on every DMB song...

...around that same period I saw him perform on SNL, doing some odd jig while strumming away with a smug, self-satisfied smirk on his face...

...He IS right up there with Hootie, agreed. I never liked "jam band " shit to begin with. Only Dead stuff I liked was Amercian Beauty and Workingman's Dead, where they actually focused on songs. Phish I couldn't give a shit about, and DMB I'll just call jam band-lite.

Fuck 'em.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Terry

...around that same period I saw him perform on SNL, doing some odd jig while strumming away with a smug, self-satisfied smirk on his face....
            Saw it too. I remember wishing I could jump up on that stage
            and deliver him a skull crushing boot to the cocksucker .
            Dave Mathews sucks rhino cock. Fuckin smug wank stain should be
            playing pubs where he belongs...........

Comment

• PHOENIX
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

They are what happens when aspiring guitarists name Paul Simon as an inspiration.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Ain't it a bitch ?!

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2005

Lets check the Dave Mathews Band on the Rotharmy give a fuck meter, shall we?

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Stellar post Stoffa.

Dave Mathews beyond sucks. Whiny voiced fucker. I'd like to kick him in the teeth.
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2005

A friend of mine said that her guitar instructor (who is a college professor BTW) said that DM is the greatest rhythm guitarist of all time.

I told her I wouldn't know because I've never heard his guitar plugged in. :p

Comment

• doctor roth
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by diamondjimi
                        Frat rock horseshit !

Fucking boring tripe along with John Mayer , Jack Johnson ,David Gray
                        Widespread Panic and the likes..................
                        In myers defence he admits his popular music is kinda shit. He has stated that his music is what it is because he wants to make some money. THAT is still a shit attitude, but at leat he KNOWS its tripe. MAyer is a damn good guitar player frow what ive heard.

Comment

• bastardog
                          Commando
                          • Feb 2004

Cause I don't give a shit about DMB I preffer to post this photo of the Pirate of the Caribbean girl
                          Bastardog

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by doctor roth
                            MAyer is a damn good guitar player frow what ive heard.
                            He absolutely is. I saw him with my daughter...she really wanted to go. He played this real sweet love song called "Come Back to Bed". Great tune.

Anyway...right in the middle of it, he busts into Little Wing. I shit you not! He had a great jam going for some time before he went back to his tune.

I don't like a lot of what I heard that night. very top 40...very DMB-ish.

But, the kid can play guitar amazingly. I would LOVE to see him put out an instrumental album.

His voice is a little too pussy-ish for me.
                            “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Golden AWe
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

The funny thing is, Bob Dylan f.e. probably isn't more technical or talented if you talk about guitar-playing only, but they're million miles away from each other.

There's no any kind of catch in DMB:s songs, the lyrics are fucking dumb and the whole set is nothing but a big bore.
                              Originally posted by Cato
                              Golden, why are you FAT?
                              Originally posted by lesfunk
                              Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

Working...