Who ?Else is Not Watching the Shit-Fest None as The Oscars.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Who ?Else is Not Watching the Shit-Fest None as The Oscars.

What the fuck is the point of this shit?, I get to see Brokedick mountain get 8 nominations, While Movies that kicked major ass this year like Batman Begins, And Revenge Of The Sith get ignored.

Here I'll Give You an Example of What I mean.

Brokeback Mountain - Focus Features - Diana Ossana & James Schamus
    Capote - Sony Pictures Classics - Caroline Baron, William Vince, & Michael Ohoven
    Crash - Lions Gate - Paul Haggis & Cathy Schulman
    Good Night, and Good Luck - Warner Bros. - Grant Heslov
    Munich - Universal - Steven Spielberg, Kathleen Kennedy & Barry Mendel

I've neve seen ANY of those films, But I bet just about everyone you talk to has seen Revenge Of Sith. So Why The Fuck is the Oscars such a big deal to the TV networks these days? I mean they're treating it like the Super Bowl, But it fucking sucks.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team
  • ULTRAMAN VH
    Commando
    • May 2004

I agree, there is no way in hell that I am going to piss away 3 hours of my life, watching hollywood spew it's far left agenda. It is a free country(at the moment) and they have the right to push the movies they want. I have the right to change the channel. I go to the movies to be entertained. There is nothing entertaining about to gay men destroying their families over their homosexual tendancies.
    If I want to watch educational programming, than I will stay at home and watch The Discovery Channel or The History Channel. I do not spend 15 dollars to see reality. I go to the movies to get away from reality. The world is a really fucked up place and watching a movie like Batman Begins or Star Wars is a nice break from the world and all it's problems.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

LOL

I never even know when that stuff is on...

Is it on tonight? I probably will watch. I guess "Gay Cowboys Eating Pudding" is up for one, huh? (South Park called the gay cowboy film thing years ago)
      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-05-2006, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Not me. I haven't watched the Oscars since 1989 and have zero plans to change that habit tonight.

Let Hollywood suck it's own dick all it wants...most of America doesn't care...
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Saw a couple of them that are nominated.

Saw Brokeback Mountain. You take away the homosexual aspect (and even that wasn't all that graphic), it's just a boring love story surrpounded by a bunch of nice scenery. Didn't really think Ledger gave THAT great of a performance.

Saw Good Night and Good Luck. Again, a slow-moving story about an era that was already covered by Hollywood (Guilty By Suspicion). Straitharn was good, but the movie itself was nothing spectacular.

I just have no need to spend my time watching the film industry congradulate itself. Don't care who is wearing what on the red carpet, and have always wondered how you compare different films and performances as to which one was better than another, when they're all after different things. Acting is supposed to be an art form, but Hollywood movies are about commerce, so whatever film grossed the most is the best picture in my book.

About the only film nominated for awards that I wanted to see before it was even mentioned in terms of Oscars is Crash.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'll watch the beginning of it, hoping that "Hollywood (or at least Jon Stewart) spews its left wing agenda"

This is the year that they should go after the Idiot Son of an Asshole like a roasted pig at a Hawaiian picnic, and I hope they do exactly that
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• flappo
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

if you wanna be a big star in hollywood you gotta learn one thing and one thing only

how to suck the dick

Comment

• MAX
                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Fuck yeah I'm gonna watch them.

I hope Brokeback wins everything.

Even though I STILL haven't seen it. I've been having way too much fun with the jokes it's granted me for weeks now. They don't get old. lmao

I can't quit you. LMAO!!!
                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

I have no intentions in watching that show... never did, never will.

I will certainly buy the "In Style" magasine, afterwards, as they always feature the dress and those are the inspiration for lots of fashion Designers.

I don't care about who's wearing the clothes but they happen to be very important for the fashion industry.
                  America loves its Stars and also loves to "immitate" them!

Same goes for the M.T.V. awards... (that I don't watch either).

I don't care for Hollywood...
                  http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
                  Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                  Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                  [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
                  http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
                  Originally posted by VanHalener
                  ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
                  Originally posted by FORD
                  ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    I'll watch the beginning of it, hoping that "Hollywood (or at least Jon Stewart) spews its left wing agenda"

This is the year that they should go after the Idiot Son of an Asshole like a roasted pig at a Hawaiian picnic, and I hope they do exactly that
                    Can't say as I have a problem with Hollywood's 'left wing agenda', myself. Bush and his ilk have their game plan, others have theirs...

...problem is with the exception of Moore, nobody in Hollywood has really come out and gone after Bush at the Oscars. Clooney won't do it because he's too much of a puss to. He'd rather sit there with a smug grin and allude toward how Good Night and Good Luck reminds us of the times we now live in, rather than being a man and just coming out and fucking saying it.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I'll watch a little, mainly for JON STEWART, who WILL go after BUSH, and just about everyone else...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Is it me, or is Jon STEWART sort of bombing?

Comment

• rustoffa
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Sorry 'bout the dupe thread. I'll chime in here!

Comment

• rustoffa
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Matt Dillon.

Comment

• rustoffa
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Welp, Clooney can go get a new stylist and campaign for best actor birthed by a singing whore!

Comment

Working...