Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

IRON MAN in 2008

By Tatiana Siegel and Borys Kit

Fri Jun 23, 11:38 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter)
    - Following in the footsteps of such comic book film openings as "Spider-Man" and "X2: X-Men United," Marvel armored avenger "Iron Man" is staking out an early May release date.

The Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment film is scheduled to open May 2, 2008, the studio said Thursday. Directed by Jon Favreau, the project marks the first motion picture to be produced by Marvel under its alliance with the Viacom Inc.-owned studio.

"Iron Man," based on the best-selling comic book character, is the first feature film to be produced independently by Marvel Entertainment and also marks the first film project under former Marvel Studios CEO Avi Arad's newly launched production company, Avi Arad Prods.

The film is expected to be financed through Marvel's $525 million revolving film-financing facility.

"Spider-Man" opened May 5, 2002, with a record-breaking $115 weekend haul at the U.S. box office. "X2" bowed May 4, 2003, at No. 1 with an $86 million weekend tally.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Story
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Isn't Jon Favreau directing?...

Iron Man has always been one of my favorite comics...should be interesting...

and it's the first under Marvel's own movie company...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Ally_Kat
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

soon all you'll have to pick at the box office will be the current horror flick, the current comic book superhero flick, the current book turned into movie chick flick, and the oddball comedy.

:-/
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Just got to think that there will be other heroes to follow.

The Mighty Thor would be cool.

Plenty to work with.

Seems like I heard Ghost Rider before also.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Thor is in pre-production...

Wolverine is set to start...

Ghost Rider is coming...with Nicholas Cage...

looks pretty good...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

They take too long for this shit. But we'll take them as they come.

Aquaman or a serious Justice League. Franchises galore.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Aquaman is gong to be a TV series I think...

I know they are planning a Hulk 2...

Deathlok...and some other shit as well...

We shall see though...

rumors of Captain America coming out of the Wolverine series as well...

apparently...there's going to be a flashback scene...with Wolverine in WWII working alongside Cap...ala the comic...but we'll see...

seems like Captain America would be the perfect hero these days...eh?

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

No doubt .. could completely modernize Captain America.

I watched the old Flash series, as bad as that was. They didn't do enough with it, but ratings dictated it wasn't sticking around long enough to improve it.

Couldn't stand alone, but might have lived in a JLA movie.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Well...I think Aquaman is based off the character that was developed in Smallville?

I'm not really sure...since I don't watch the show though...

Comment

• DlocRoth
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

You guys are speakin my language....

Don't keep up with comics anymore....

But Capt. America is my all time favorite hero since I was a kid.

With Iron Man a close 2nd...

Iron Man has the best costume in the biz.
                    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

yeah...I haven't bought a comic in 15 years...but still have my favorites...

Daredevil was always my favorite...when Frank Miller was his scribe...

but Ben Affleck ruined that shit...

Frank Miller went on to do the Dark Knight comics that the first Batman movie was based on...and is doing another series of Batman comics...

anyways...

I never like CA...all that much...

but there was a good story for Iron Man...were Tony Stark wasn't Iron Man anymore...and some black dude took over...and the suit wasn't made for him...so he fucked up all the time...

ultimately...Stark came back...and that other dude turned into Iron something...lmfao...

Comment

• DlocRoth
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

The Iron chef?
                        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

LmFaO...

no...

I just looked it up...it was War Machine...

there's the 2 arguing...

War Machine is in the middle...

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Cool. Of course 99 percent of it's gonna be animated........

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Yeah...which maybe was the problem with Hulk...

although I though Hulk was better than most people thought...

Comment

Working...