Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Yeah...I'm not a big fan of movies that just don't take into account the origin...

was pretty pissed about it...

could have done a ton more...

Thor...

Don't know...but I'm sure if Marvel is serious about doing their own gig...it will be coming soon...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
      Downey is absolutely perfect...IMO...

he's got the angst you need...and will give some believability to the character struggles...

of course...it will be interesting to watch what happens once his character starts developing his alcoholism...
      I agree. It's brilliant casting.

Should be an enjoyable flick, if done correctly. I already like the movie poster.

Comment

• DLRdelight!
        Veteran
        • Jul 2004

the wolverine one sounds very interesting

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Terrence Howard flying to "Iron Man"
          Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:11am ET

By Gregg Kilday

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Terrence Howard is joining the cast of Marvel's "Iron Man," which stars Robert Downey, Jr. in the title role.

Howard will play Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes, the best friend of Tony Stark, the billionaire industrialist who becomes the superhero known as Iron Man. Jon Favreau is directing the film.

Filming is scheduled to begin in February in Los Angeles, with the movie's release, through Paramount Pictures, slated for May 2, 2008.

Howard, who earned an Academy Award nomination for his lead role in last year's "Hustle & Flow," also starred in the Oscar-winning "Crash." He recently completed production on "The Brave One" with Jodie Foster and is shooting "Spring Break in Bosnia" with Richard Gere. His credits include "Idlewild," "Get Rich or Die Tryin' " and "Four Brothers."

Reuters/Billboard

Howard is a done deal...

pretty good start for casting if you ask me.

The question is will we be seeing Rhodey in any Iron Man/War Machine getup before the end of the series...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Thanks to ALLY KAT for this pic.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

The potential of this movie...oy...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Ghost Rider

This looks good as well.

Last edited by ALinChainz; 10-13-2006, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Yeah...some of the clips I have seen are awesome...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Just saw X-Men III ... didn't bother to see it at the theater ... and it could have been better.

They push Angel like he's going to have this major role, and then basically a cameo.

Problem is, this shit doesn't happen fast enough.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

I still haven't seen it...

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

Now here's a left curve! This is really going thru!

Comment

• Revan
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Sep 2006

I'm much more excited about Ghost Rider than Iron Man, personally. Can't see Downey as Tony Stark, not by a long shot. Special effects will either make it or break it, I suppose.
                            http://photos.meetup.com/photos/memb...er_220996.jpeg

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
                            Gentlemen,

If a thread called "the sheep pen" has the longest post count to date, I say that's work of a true genius!
                            Originally posted by thome
                            I used to run headlong into a oak tree down at the local park .Really slam my skull into it, you know with FEELING.The local kids used to stand around and watch and smoke doobies good time was had by all. Anyway the city cut the tree down so my bitch is.....What was the question?

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

According to Ain't It Cool News, Gwyneth Paltrow is going to play Stark's secretary, Pepper Potts.

Terrance Howards is playing Rhodes.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Jeff Bridges Joins Iron Man!

MARVEL STUDIOS ADDS ACADEMY-AWARD® NOMINEE JEFF BRIDGES TO STAR-STUDDED CAST OF IRON MAN

Los Angeles, CA (February 6, 2007) -- Marvel Studios continues to build a golden foundation for its big screen adaptation of Iron Man as it announced today that Jeff Bridges will join the cast of the highly-anticipated summer 2008 event film.

Bridges marks the fourth Academy-Award recognized actor signed on to the project, starring alongside Oscar® nominee Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Oscar® nominee Terrence Howard as Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes and Oscar® winner Gwyneth Paltrow as Virginia "Pepper" Potts. Directed by Jon Favreau , Iron Man is scheduled to blast into theaters May 2, 2008.

Few specifics of Bridges' role were released. He will portray a close business associate of Tony Stark. A confidant and longtime employee at defense contractor Stark Industries, Bridges' character plays a major role in shaping Tony Stark's life.

"We are thrilled to have Jeff Bridges on board Iron Man in this pivotal role. His depth of talent and unique persona make him a perfect addition to this project, truly rounding out the ensemble," said Kevin Feige, President of Production, Marvel Studios. "His character is central to the entire storyline of the film and we could not have asked for a better choice than Jeff to bring this role to life."

Jeff Bridges has appeared in more than 50 movies during his illustrious career to date, and has garnered numerous accolades. Bridges has received four Academy Award® nominations, including a Best Actor nod for Starman and Supporting Actor recognition for The Contender, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot and The Last Picture Show. Among his other memorable film credits are: The Big Lebowski, Seabiscuit, The Fisher King, The Fabulous Baker Boys, Tucker: The Man and His Dream, Jagged Edge and Against All Odds. In 2007, he will be seen in A Dog Year and provide his vocal talents to the animated film Surf's Up.

Filming on IRON MAN is scheduled to begin in Los Angeles in March 2007. The film will be distributed by Paramount Pictures.

IRON MAN will be produced by Avi Arad and Kevin Feige. Executive Producers are Ari Arad, Peter Billingsley, Louis D'Esposito, Jon Favreau and Michael Helfant. Bridges is represented by Creative Artists Agency.

SOURCE: Marvel.com

Comment

Working...