Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

That's Iron Man...circa late 80's or early 90's...I know it was after the Super Hero Secret Wars...

I have several comics with him in the silver and red armor...didn't last long though...

War Machines' armor was also created as an Iron Man suit...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Okay...as for my choice for Tony Stark...I have 2...

1 certainly more than the other...

and both have been rumored...

1. Edward Norton...now...at first...it doesn't seem like he fits...but I'll throw up a picture in a few that will show you why...

2. Jim Caviezel...he was absolutely wrong for Superman...no nearly the right choice...but is the absolute perfect Tony Stark...

more as we go...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Now the great thing about Mandarin...especially since Favreau is going with the Tom Clancy/Bond angle in the first film...is that he's from China...

(you have to think that China/US head to heads are in our future)

and that supposedly, Mandarin is the son of wealthy Chinese parents...and...who ultimately becomes a high member of the Chinese government...

he sees technology as a way to conquer the world...

He also created Ultimo...a 30 foot robot warrior...

He's a technological warrior...and has these rings that were created by chinese technology to do a bunch of cool shit...

anyways...he doesn't really need a costume...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

this is a more up to date pic of Mandarin...

lmfao...

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
            Commando
            • May 2004

Jim Caviezel is a good choice. I also think Patrick Dempsey of ER fame would make a great Tony Stark. Just saw the previews for the soon to be released animated Iron Man movie. It looks really good.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

I've heard Dempsey being mentioned...but I'm sorry...after seeing him as a punk kid...doing that fucking African Dance in Can't Buy me Love...

I just can't see it...

but I've heard him and that douchebag from Lost mentioned...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Is it an Iron Man movie?

or an Avenger animated movie?

I wouldn't doubt both...

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                  Commando
                  • May 2004

There is an Ultimate Avengers movie and a sequel which comes out Tuesday. Ultimate Avengers is worth a look, I liked it. Some fans were pissed because they watered down the story line a bit from the UA comic. I won't ruin the story but the HulK and Captain America really steal the show. Overall I enjoyed it, and I am looking forward to the sequel. The UA 2 sequel storyline revolves around the Black Panther.
                  The Ironman animated movie looks to be an origin style story line and the animation looks impressive. Lionsgate is also creating a Doctor Strange movie to be released around the same time as Iron Man.

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2005

did you know they're making Ant Man movie too?

I've never read Ant Man comics.....are they anything of any interest?
                    ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Robert Downey Jr. -- I am "Iron Man"

By Borys Kit and Sheigh Crabtree

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Robert Downey, Jr. is suiting up to star in "Iron Man," a superhero movie based on the Marvel Comics character.

Jon Favreau is directing the Paramount Pictures release. Filming is slated to begin in February in Los Angeles.

Downey will portray Tony Stark, a billionaire industrialist and genius inventor who is kidnapped and forced to build a devastating weapon. Using his intelligence and ingenuity, Stark instead builds a high-tech suit of armor and escapes captivity. Upon his return to the U.S., he uncovers a plot with global implications and must don his armor and protect the world.

The comic debuted in the 1960s, and Iron Man's origin involved Stark being a prisoner of the Viet Cong. The movie version will be set in today's geopolitical climate.

Budgeted at more than $100 million, it marks the first feature film to be produced independently by Marvel Entertainment, which previously licensed its characters, such as "Spider-Man" and "X-Men," to other studios.

Marvel president of production Kevin Feige said the filmmakers looked for the best actor to embody the character.

"The Marvel characters are not just about how high they jump or how fast they fly, they're about their character flaws," Feige said. "They're about their inner demons. They're about the struggles that they go through between being a man and being a hero."

Downey, who has battled his fair share of inner demons, worked hard to get the role, getting in shape and even growing a goatee like the one Stark sports in the comic books.

"In every casting announcement we've done, people in their mind's eye have their own view of it and let us know about it. We're used to it," Feige said. "The point is, we looked at everybody, and we found the best person for the role. It's as confident a casting move as we've ever done. The proof will be in the pudding, but he is Tony Stark."

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        Yeah...which maybe was the problem with Hulk...

although I though Hulk was better than most people thought...

I really didn't care for much of it when I saw it the first time, mostly because I thought was too slow-moving, but recently saw it again (on tv, no less), and found I was enjoying all of it. Even the Bruce Banner scenes, as well as the ending, which I thought plain sucked when it first came out.

Enjoyed it to the point where I'd actually go see a sequel if all the main leads came back and Lee directed.

As opposed to Spiderman 3, which I could give a shit less about.

Iron Man I'll pass on.

Same with Thor.

Ghost Rider it's just a given I'll see.

Aquaman as a subject has the potential to be interesting, as long as Black Manta is the Archnemesis.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Downey is absolutely perfect...IMO...

he's got the angst you need...and will give some believability to the character struggles...

of course...it will be interesting to watch what happens once his character starts developing his alcoholism...

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                            Commando
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                            Downey is absolutely perfect...IMO...

he's got the angst you need...and will give some believability to the character struggles...

of course...it will be interesting to watch what happens once his character starts developing his alcoholism...
                            Agreed, his battle with substances will give him an edge above other actors who may have auditioned. I am not a big fan of Downey but his top notch acting chops can push a guy in an Iron suit over the top for the non fanboy movie goers.

Comment

• flappo
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

thor could be grate , if they don't make a joke of it like the ff movie which was shit

if they did it like the first conan movie for example

Comment

• flappo
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2004

the thing was exc in ff , but wtf did they do with doom ?

he came over as faggot in a dress

really lost all the menace of the comic book character

and as for the way they fucked up his origin - unforgiveable

Comment

Working...