X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greenbuds
    Roadie
    • Mar 2004

Mike tried to erase Dave from the fans memory in 2004

One thing I don't get is why didn't the fans (and media) that are bitching and moaning about Mike not getting fair treatment with album covers, bitch in 2004 when the BOBW came out with Sammy singing Dave songs?

This is something that wasn't corrected the next day, either... and probably cost Dave some money.

From the Burrn interview -

"You know when we did the 'Best Of Both Worlds' we had problems with Roth because of what he wanted and didn't want on the CD, how much he wanted to get paid and so on. So there was a point to where we were just going to say okay Dave, if that's the way you want it, we had some live versions of some of the old VAN HALEN songs and we were just going to tell Dave, 'Okay if that's the way you want it we won't even put you on this record, you won't make a dime off it!' I mean, he was being difficult on that thing and what we wanted to do was the one disc with Sammy and the other disc with Dave plus the three new songs and Dave was even making that difficult but in the end he folded. I think he was just trying to pull a power play. Bad stuff (laughs)." - Mike Anthony

There you have it - Mike Anthony endorsing another band member being erased from memory.

And I noticed a lot of VHLinkers lining up to say Mike is this great "class act".

Well, first, it's not to hard to figure out why. He would come off looking bitter after selling his rights (among other things) if he attacked the band.

You'll be hearing a lot of 'classy' statements from Michael Vick in the coming months as well, and not because he's classy, but because it's what the lawyers will tell him what to say.

Plus, Mike is one of the few who has actually heard Wolfgang play. This is what he said about Wolfgang's playing in 2004, when he was only 13 and when Mike had no reason to hype Wolfgang.

On Eddie's son Wolfgang joining the band on tour in 2004:

"Oh it was great. I think he has grown up to be a great kid. I think he's a great player and he jumped up there on the drums a few times during sound check and shit the kid can play drums too you know!"

So, as Mike Anthony you already know what the fans don't know - you know Wolfie can play since the age of 13.

Mike knew he had no choice but to praise Wolfie or else look the bitter fool when the tour starts.

Source:

Official site of record label Elektra Music Group: Elektra Records, Fueled By Ramen, Roadrunner, Low Country Sound, Black Cement, Public Consumption, DTA Records
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Is anyone saying that he's a saint?

Dave was fucked by Ed and co for years, and now Mike is - two wrongs don't make a right I'm afraid.

Having said that, life's a bitch and I'm betting that Mike isn't wasting half of the time worrying about this shit that some folks around here are...
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Greenbuds
      Roadie
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by binnie
      Is anyone saying that he's a saint?

Yes, where the fuck you been??? LOL

If you're still stuck on hating Ed, you should move on like DLR and quit living in the past.

I know it's a bitch, but you need to move on with your life.

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Mike is so far down the Halen food chain its not
        even worth a concerned frown..

He put his "Hagar branded Cabo" cards on the table
        for all to see..

Mikey still thinks Van Hagar is Van Halen.
        (Even after the 04 tour !!)

SH/MA didn't give a flying fuck about Ed's health
        in 04.. (Lets milk the Halen name while Ed's fucked up)

Conveniently when every man and his dog knew Dave
        was back, they expressed their "love" at the HOF ??

WTF ???

Dont believe what you read, Al, Ed and Dave did not
        want any part of the Half assed HOF deal...

SOLIDARITY MOTHER FUCKERS !!

Dave and the Halens = Van Halen !!
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• jgdrag
          Sniper
          • Jul 2005

Bang on

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

FUCK the Bass Player...he's history

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Greenbuds
              Yes, where the fuck you been??? LOL

If you're still stuck on hating Ed, you should move on like DLR and quit living in the past.

I know it's a bitch, but you need to move on with your life.
              I don't hate Ed, Al or Mike. Hate is a very strong word.

I would say that they have all made mistakes, and that over the years none of them have shown themselves to be very nice human beings. But we all do things that hurt other people, that's how we get what we want - doesn't make them 100% bad, just means they have big egos and are self-centred.
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                Commando
                • May 2004

Dave really did get dicked on that 2nd Best Of, but hey everything comes full circle and DLR is getting the last laugh. Ticket sales are clearly proving that the masses want to see The Diamond One side by side with ED again. With such a pathetic music scene going on with sub par new rock bands and the overkill of Rap/Hip Hop, I think people are craving to see a band who will actually come out on stage and play their instruments. Van Halen with Dave was theater rock at its finest. You really got your moneys worth.

Comment

• Cato
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: Mike tried to erase Dave from the fans memory in 2004

Originally posted by Greenbuds
                  @

From the Burrn interview -

"You know when we did the 'Best Of Both Worlds' we had problems with Roth because of what he wanted and didn't want on the CD, how much he wanted to get paid and so on. So there was a point to where we were just going to say okay Dave, if that's the way you want it, we had some live versions of some of the old VAN HALEN songs and we were just going to tell Dave, 'Okay if that's the way you want it we won't even put you on this record, you won't make a dime off it!' I mean, he was being difficult on that thing and what we wanted to do was the one disc with Sammy and the other disc with Dave plus the three new songs and Dave was even making that difficult but in the end he folded. I think he was just trying to pull a power play. Bad stuff (laughs)." - Mike Anthony
                  @
                  this is what he was speaking in the intervals of a sales promotion of his hot sauce.
                  Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• MrSwede
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Panamark
                    Mike is so far down the Halen food chain its not
                    even worth a concerned frown..
                    This is truth. How many people think that outraged fans will now start a website named anthonyarmy.com with an active forum, a "Wolfgang random insult generator" button, and over 20,000 registered members with 1 mil. posts--raise your hand.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

It is entertaining how bass player uses the word "we". At this stage in the game he had no role in decision making whatsoever.
                      "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2006

In the CVH days, Mike knew that he was the luckiest man in rock and he pretty much kept his mouth shut. Then Van Hagar happened and he became Sammy's bitch and Mike began to speak more. Now, Mike still voices his opinions but he has completely become Sammy's servant and he can't even make a move without getting Sammy's blessing first. He is too afraid that if he says or does something that Sammy doesn't like that Sammy will be mad at him and possibly not want to be friends with him anymore. Nobody in the history of rock rode coat tails more than Mike Anthony. This was most likely the conversation when "The Other Half" formed:

Sammy: Hey Mikey, let's form a new band and we can call it "The Other Half" meaning the other half of Van Halen. If we are one half and Ed and Al are one half then we will be completely screwing Dave and disrespeting Dave by using this name.

Mike: Whatever you say Sammy. I think that it is a great idea. Can we still do the 5150 walk when we play live and still have 5150 time?
                        Last edited by PlexiBrown; 08-23-2007, 12:59 PM.
                        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2006

All right, I'm going to catch major shit for this, but since when was Dave so concerned about Ed's health????

For years, Dave berated and humiliated Ed. DAVE HIMSELF HAS ADMITTED THIS.

The first thing he said to Alex in '96? "I'm very sorry for the things I said about your brother and it won't happen again."

In The Classic Rock mag interview last year: "I don't care about what you're doing off-stage - whether it's drugs, men, dogs, whatever - I don't care about ANY OF IT. All that matters is what we deliver under the spotlights."

And let's face it: we all have co-workers and friends who aren't living their lives in 100% the manner we deem fit or necessarily approve of. It's up to THEM, though, if a) they even perceive what they're doing as counter-productive, and b) if they want to do anything about it.
                          RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                            FUCK the Bass Player...he's history
                            kinky
                            Originally posted by flappo
                            i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
                            translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• wizzkidder
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Panamark
                              Dave and the Halens = Van Halen !!
                              and SH and MA don't = the other half, either
                              http://www.wizzkidd.com/dlr-army/backstagepass.jpg
                              <font face="arial; verdana" size="2" color="000000"><b><i>The good ol' daze!</i></b></font>

Comment

Working...