Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLRISVH7884
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2006

There is more about Mike Anthony in here than there is about Dave.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: Mike tried to erase Dave from the fans memory in 2004

Originally posted by Greenbuds
      One thing I don't get is why didn't the fans (and media) that are bitching and moaning about Mike not getting fair treatment with album covers, bitch in 2004 when the BOBW came out with Sammy singing Dave songs?

This is something that wasn't corrected the next day, either... and probably cost Dave some money.

From the Burrn interview -

"You know when we did the 'Best Of Both Worlds' we had problems with Roth because of what he wanted and didn't want on the CD, how much he wanted to get paid and so on. So there was a point to where we were just going to say okay Dave, if that's the way you want it, we had some live versions of some of the old VAN HALEN songs and we were just going to tell Dave, 'Okay if that's the way you want it we won't even put you on this record, you won't make a dime off it!' I mean, he was being difficult on that thing and what we wanted to do was the one disc with Sammy and the other disc with Dave plus the three new songs and Dave was even making that difficult but in the end he folded. I think he was just trying to pull a power play. Bad stuff (laughs)." - Mike Anthony

There you have it - Mike Anthony endorsing another band member being erased from memory.

And I noticed a lot of VHLinkers lining up to say Mike is this great "class act".

Well, first, it's not to hard to figure out why. He would come off looking bitter after selling his rights (among other things) if he attacked the band.

You'll be hearing a lot of 'classy' statements from Michael Vick in the coming months as well, and not because he's classy, but because it's what the lawyers will tell him what to say.

Plus, Mike is one of the few who has actually heard Wolfgang play. This is what he said about Wolfgang's playing in 2004, when he was only 13 and when Mike had no reason to hype Wolfgang.

On Eddie's son Wolfgang joining the band on tour in 2004:

"Oh it was great. I think he has grown up to be a great kid. I think he's a great player and he jumped up there on the drums a few times during sound check and shit the kid can play drums too you know!"

So, as Mike Anthony you already know what the fans don't know - you know Wolfie can play since the age of 13.

Mike knew he had no choice but to praise Wolfie or else look the bitter fool when the tour starts.

Source:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=49721
      So basically, no matter what Mike says, he's a shit human being while Ed and Al are just great?

What the fuck ever...

Why don't you cherry-pick some of the horridly negative comments that Ed and Al have said about him over the years: (basically) "we aren't being held back writing wise because Sam can sing," "Dave needs to be on medication," or how about I post the post-1996 MTV Awards interview where both Al and spEd kick Dave to the curb and blame him for everything gone wrong from a "failed" (pseudo) reunion in which Dave was set-up to sell a greatest hits package (while they already pretty much had Gary in the band's fold) to the failure of the US to win the Vietnam War...

Just what is your criteria for who should be "allowed" the honor of playing with Dave?

And when did Mike ever try to "erase" anyone?
      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-23-2007, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• jharp84
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
        Dave really did get dicked on that 2nd Best Of, but hey everything comes full circle and DLR is getting the last laugh. Ticket sales are clearly proving that the masses want to see The Diamond One side by side with ED again. With such a pathetic music scene going on with sub par new rock bands and the overkill of Rap/Hip Hop, I think people are craving to see a band who will actually come out on stage and play their instruments. Van Halen with Dave was theater rock at its finest. You really got your moneys worth.
        COULDN'T AGREE MORE!! 5 Stars!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
          [B]Dave really did get dicked on that 2nd Best Of, but hey everything comes full circle and DLR is getting the last laugh. .../B]
          Dave? or is it Ed and Alice?

Comment

• PlexiBrown
            Commando
            • Mar 2006

So basically, no matter what Mike says, he's a shit human being while Ed and Al are just great?
            Nope. Ed and Al are dicks and they get hammered here and elsewhere endlessly for it. Over the last six months many have been going overboard with the Mike Anthony attention and praise and I think that the Mike bashing by some is done to try and counter the people who are taking the whole Mike thing way too far. Sure most CVH fans would like to see the original lineup but it ain't happening and if it was happening it would have much less of a chance of working than the current lineup. Mike isn't a shit human but he sure isn't an Angel like many think. Mike has become way more Van Hagar then Van Halen anyway while Ed and Al have finally woken up (probably in large part due to Wolfgang) and have gotten back to Dave and real Van Halen music.
            Last edited by PlexiBrown; 08-23-2007, 04:10 PM.
            And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

I bash Ed, Al and Mike, but I'll forgive anyone Dave tours with this time around, but it's only temporary.

Once the tour and whatever happens after are over with, it's back to the bashing.

Since Bassplayer® got his ass booted out of the band, and won't be on tour, he's not forgiven.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I'll bash 'em all, because it ain't Van Halen without the original four...

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  I'll bash 'em all, because it ain't Van Halen without the original four...
                  Hey, you've always got the six-pack to listen to.

Would I rather see Dave solo, or Dave with Eddie back out there? I'll go see Dave with Ed. If Mike were there, good. If not, oh well.

Comment

• diamondD
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

"People take Van Halen more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth
                    Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• letsrock
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2007

MA wasnt endorsing it.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

In terms of culpability for the LONGstanding anti-Roth behavior exhibited by the post-1985 entity that called itself 'Van Halen', think I'd put Anthony near the bottom of the list. The bottom of the list would be Cherone, who wisely didn't say anything negative about Roth or anyone else. Anthony and his placing has to do more with the fact that, well...the dude didn't give many interviews and probably wasn't asked to because nobody really cared about what he had to say.

By the time Hagar was ousted from the band in 1996, all indications were that Anthony was already relegated to a role of minimal input within the band; caertainly the lowest out of the band members. Not unrealistic to think that the only reason he went out on tour with Van Halen in 1998 and 2004 was out of convenience.

Far as Anthony and his personal relationship with the Van Halens, think it'd also be safe to say there really isn't much of one these days. Anthony threw his lot in with Hagar in the end. Fairly or not, EVH moved on. It's a shame because MA should be there this year (ideal world, yadda yadda yadda), but c'est la vie. Think sometimes I'm holding onto that opinion more out of strict and stubborn traditionalism more than anything else; bottom line is if Ed and Dave aren't on form, MA at 100% ain't gonna make up for it. Flip-side - if Roth and EVH are out there doing it to the best of their abilities, the difference of MA not being there is gonna be minimal.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• rustoffa
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

I think the premise is ridiculous. What the fuck is Michael Anthony gonna do about my long-term memory?

Nothing.

I can see it now!

Mikey trying to erase memories while being held slightly above a vat of boiling hot sauce...like some some sort of house cat. Not just any house cat...one that's trying to voodoo motherfuckers before transient workers cook HIM!!

Good grief..... I hope Mike doesn't get boiled.

Comment

• cabo anejo
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Dec 2006

hagar or roth its fuckin van halen.different times different style ...lets just enjoy enjoy the fucking moment now. .....bottoms up,light up the sky,mean streets,everybody fucking wants some.

Comment

• letsrock
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2007

The difference is that Mike has always been a class act. Dave has not.

The truth hurts.

Comment

• Polk High
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

roth did not want to endorse the second BO because it was clearly a cash grab that was using his songs as a way to boost Hagar's songs. I will never ever ever buy that cd. I could only imagine if they released it w/o any roth songs how could they possibly sell more then 25 copies
                                We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

Working...