• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Bill O'Reilly: Racist Dumbass

Bill O'Reilly's comments about Harlem restaurant draw fire

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q84eSxIiKqc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q84eSxIiKqc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

By David Bauder, Associated Press
    NEW YORK — After eating dinner at a famed Harlem restaurant recently, Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly told a radio audience he "couldn't get over the fact" that there was no difference between the black-run Sylvia's and other restaurants.

"It was like going into an Italian restaurant in an all-white suburb in the sense of people were sitting there, and they were ordering and having fun," he said. "And there wasn't any kind of craziness at all."

O'Reilly said his fellow patrons were tremendously respectful as he ate dinner with civil rights activist Al Sharpton.

The comments were made during O'Reilly's nationally syndicated radio broadcast last week. The liberal media watchdog Media Matters for America called attention to them by distributing a transcript and audio clip on the Internet.

"This is nothing more than left-wing outlets stirring up false racism accusations for ratings," said Bill Shine, senior vice president for programming at Fox News Channel. "It's sad."

O'Reilly spoke during a general discussion about racial relations with Fox News analyst Juan Williams. O'Reilly said he believed black Americans were "starting to think more and more for themselves" and backing away from a race-based culture encouraged by Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

He said he treated Sharpton to dinner to thank him for appearing on his Fox News Channel show.

O'Reilly pointed to the lack of difference between Sylvia's and other restaurants as a marker of racial progress. He also noted that he went to an Anita Baker concert recently where the audience was evenly mixed between blacks and whites.

"The band was excellent, but they were dressed in tuxedoes, and this is what white America doesn't know, particularly people who don't have a lot of interaction with black Americans," he said. "They think the culture is dominated by Twista, Ludacris and Snoop Dogg."

Williams concurred that too many people believe there's little else in black culture beyond profane rap.

"That's right," O'Reilly said. "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M.F.-er, I want more iced tea."

Sharpton said he was taken aback that anyone would be surprised at how blacks acted at Sylvia's and will ask O'Reilly on The O'Reilly Factor Wednesday to explain what he meant. Nothing O'Reilly said at the dinner was offensive, said Sharpton spokeswoman Rachel Noerdlinger.

Karl Frisch, a spokesman for Media Matters, called O'Reilly's comments "ignorant and racially charged."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

I'm more impressed with Al Sharpton being labeled a civil rights activist...

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Eh...it's not registering on my Offend-O-Meter.

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by WAR
        Nor mine. I think he was more admitting he saw something that didn't fit his OWN preconceived racial stereotypes....
        As if to say "Hey, maybe I am a dumbass!"
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Gee, good thing Billo didnt mention the lack of "nappy-headed ho's" on the waitstaff, or he might be out of a job.

He's a pig.

He's a racist.

He's a buffon.

So what else is new?
          Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
            Veteran
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            Gee, good thing Billo didnt mention the lack of "nappy-headed ho's" on the waitstaff, or he might be out of a job.

He's a pig.

He's a racist.

He's a buffon.

So what else is new?
            What's a buffon? :confused:
            RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
              What's a buffon? :confused:
              The opposite of a buffoff

duh.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Veteran
                • Feb 2006

That's some sort of gay act for has-been heavy metal acts where you really vigorously rub your bassplayers cock until it's shiny and "buffed", isn't it?

You gay heavy metal has-been acts and your gay acts...
                RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                  That's some sort of gay act for has-been heavy metal acts where you really vigorously rub your bassplayers cock until it's shiny and "buffed", isn't it?

You gay heavy metal has-been acts and your gay acts...

It works on drummers, too.

Ever had a buffaround?

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by WAR
                    I would expect a soul food restaurant in Harlem to be different than a restaurant in a white suburb. Just the same as I would expect a Chinese restaurant in San Francisco's Chinatown to be different, or a Waffle House in Tennessee, a Cajun spot in New Orleans, a Cheese steak dive in Philly, etc... To me, that's the draw. If all restaurants had the same vibe or atmosphere, what would be the point of going to new places? Atmosphere and style is just as important as the food. When there is no atmosphere or style, you end up with a country full of Sizzlers. And no one wants that.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                      Veteran
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by sadaist
                      I would expect a soul food restaurant in Harlem to be different than a restaurant in a white suburb. Just the same as I would expect a Chinese restaurant in San Francisco's Chinatown to be different, or a Waffle House in Tennessee, a Cajun spot in New Orleans, a Cheese steak dive in Philly, etc... To me, that's the draw. If all restaurants had the same vibe or atmosphere, what would be the point of going to new places? Atmosphere and style is just as important as the food. When there is no atmosphere or style, you end up with a country full of Sizzlers. And no one wants that.
                      You racist filth.

Trollidillo-T

Comment

• thome
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Mar 2005

---You did he didn't you put words in his mouth and Smear him as a Racist and he was and is nothing close to it You Imply this to create a false reality of who he is.

He's a pig.

----You are a pig.Grasping at straws to have something to bitch-about that isn't there.

He's a racist.

-------You seem more of a racist then O'reily has to me ever/.You seem also to be a bigot to him by making up stories that aren't there.

He's a buffon.

---He is anything but a buffoon. He is worth maybe 100 million dollars in the media industry wich is formed by people who get attention.
                        You sound like a media whore with no game.No attention .

So what else is new?
                        What's new?..... you all need a new game, this one is lame.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Trailer payment past due again?

Comment

• thome
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Mar 2005

I will Pabst in your honor at swap-n-shop this weekend.

I will stop thinking politics when I roll up with two Peggy Bundy's some chic who looks like Flo from Alice ,my bubblegum smackin, truckstop waitresses.

Ps. Anyone who gives Sharpton a voice is a cokk even if he is just doing it for a new pool filter.

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Nov 2004

Trailer payment past due again?
                              Hey now, I am sure that thome and other members of O'Really's sycophantic audience learned a lot about African Americans form this report.
                              Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

Working...