X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by WAR
    If Bill O'Reilly hated blacks, he wouldn't be eating dinner with Al Sharpton in a restaurant in Harlem.

Do you think a KKK member would hang down there?
    Nobody said he hated blacks. But expecting to walk into a restaurant in Harlem and hear "Muthafucka, bring me some more iced tea" or expecting gangsta rappers at an Anita Baker concert, these are statements that could only come from racist ignorance.

I don't claim to be an expert on Harlem, but then I don't claim to be an expert on Queens or Brooklyn either. It's because I've never been to New York. But if I went into a restaraunt anywhere in NYC, or any other city, I wouldn't expect to hear someone yelling out "Muthafucka" for Christ's sake.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think this only shows that Bill O'Reilly, like most elitist TV "personalities" is a sheltered, social idiot....

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

So no racists have ever sat down to dinner with Al Sharpton?

Is that your argument, WAR?

BOF has rubbed off on you, bro.
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
          PREJUDICE

He went into the restaurant actually EXPECTING to find people saying "where my mother fucking ice tea"

It's the epitome of prejudice.

And there ya have it. I don't think he was intentionally, maliciously being racist with his remark. It just brilliantly illustrates what a bigoted jackass he really is.

IS Bill a racist? Obviously. Did he say something worthy of being FIRED over?
          No, but at least he should be suspended without pay for a day or two, and made to sit in the corner with a dunce-cap on....
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

Basically, O'Really was surprised to find that African Americans do not always behave as they do on T.V.

If it is not racism, it is a profoundly ignorant observation for a man of his age and experience.

"I think black Americans are starting to think for themselves." He says. What a condescending douche!
            Last edited by DEMON CUNT; 09-27-2007, 08:16 PM.
            Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• fryingdutchman
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
              Out of context? I find that to be an incredibly naive position to take on this. Can you explain your position?
              It's not really a "position" as much as it is an "observation."

To date, I still haven't heard the entire O'Reilly commentary...only the selected excerpts that are purported to be "racist" by Media Matters for America and others.

I'm not a defender nor an apologist for O'Reilly. I'm just not certain that he needs to be vilified every time out of the gate just because it's easy to do. Catching O'Reilly being stupid is like shooting fish in a barrel.

I think your last comment Demon is really more the case. Not racism, but incredible stupidity where O'Reilly's mouth gets ahead of his brain.......again.

I think it was actually an attempt by O'Reilly, and a lame one at that, to be "tongue in cheek" and somewhat sarcastic. He was basically saying that "Wow...look, not all blacks act like "gangstas" and criminals" but saying it in such a way that such a notion was (or should) already have been obvious to all except the most ignorant sector of society.

Unfortunately for Bill he ended up looking like one of the members of the very same "ignorant sector" that he was trying to slam.

I wish I could find the interview from the "Today" show on Wednesday where the whole picture looked a little bit different...
              Last edited by fryingdutchman; 09-27-2007, 10:45 PM.
              Originally posted by perilouspete
              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I surprised at you, Dutch.
                You is???

Seriously though....I'm not siding with O'Reilly on this.

But it seems that words like "racist" get thrown around all too casually these days.

That word is a pretty damning indictment of someone's character, and it carries a lot of weight.

FORD's "racist" label in the title of this thread should have been posed as more of a "question" than a "statement", in my opinion...especially in light of the fact that there are clearly two schools of thought on what O'Reilly was implying when he made those comments.

Again...as I said to Demon, I think it's just more a case of O'Reilly being incredibly ignorant (and sheltered, as Nick said) as opposed to blatantly racist.

A man with his background and wide-reaching TV presence should know that any discussion involving race needs to be qualified....over and over and over again...
                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

On another note completely unrelated...

I'm not a "Front Line" regular, but I do enjoy lurking in here because a lot of you guys are incredibly intelligent and obviously well-read...and I enjoy reading your debates.

Sometimes things go down the tubes and disintegrate into outright silliness, but overall, I think this forum probably operates at the highest "mental level" of the whole site.

So kudos on a job well done!

As you were...

Comment

• jharp84
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Dumb Muthafuckas!! It's HILLARY 2008!!! YEAH!!

Comment

• jharp84
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

AND! AND! LIKE they fucked fleetwood mac!! The theme song will be "right now"! W/spammy & mikey live "infront of your naked steaming eyes" !!!

Comment

• vh rides again
                        Commando
                        • Dec 2006

i didnt hear one racist thing in what he said, i think what he was getting at was that in general white people do not go to harlem and in alot of cases are not welcome there.
                        hes no dumbass he knows hes not welcome there, he was just commenting on how he was treated.
                        i have been to harlem and i did not feel welcome thert at all, in fact i feel that if i was not with the people i was with i would have been beaten to death, definately assaulted in one way or another.
                        i wonder how long orielly would last there without anyone with him.
                        bill orielly isnt a racist, i think sharpton will back him up on that too.

i want to see all you white ass bleeding heart punks run on down to harlem and act like nothing is wrong, youll be picking your teeth up out of the street.

Comment

• jharp84
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

AMEN! MY BROTHER!! I AGREE WHOLE-HEARTEDLY AND HAVE MANY AFRICAN-AMERICAN FRIENDS!!!

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            Nobody said he hated blacks. But expecting to walk into a restaurant in Harlem and hear "Muthafucka, bring me some more iced tea" or expecting gangsta rappers at an Anita Baker concert, these are statements that could only come from racist ignorance.
                            Eh, it seems pretty realistic to me actually. Of course I lived in a similar environment on the east coast for 3 years. It's really difficult to understand it unless you've experienced it.

I agree with fryingdutchman.
                            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• jharp84
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                              Eh, it seems pretty realistic to me actually. Of course I lived in a similar environment on the east coast for 3 years. It's really difficult to understand it unless you've experienced it.

I agree with fryingdutchman.
                              Goddamn!! I lOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!! Fuckin picks me up from a bad day everytime!! And I support this also!!

Comment

• Warham
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

So no racists have ever sat down to dinner with Al Sharpton?

Is that your argument, WAR?

BOF has rubbed off on you, bro.
                                I don't know. How many racists have eaten with Al Sharpton?

No, it's not the crux of my argument, only a side comment.

Comment

Working...