X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jesus Christ
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WAR
    FORD, even you've said or thought racist things in your life.

Your contempt for certain Jews could certainly be construed as being racist.
    As the King of the Jews, I can say that FORD hath no contempt for My people, but for the evil ideology of the Likud heretics who claim to speak for Israel.

The United Nations thought they were doing the right thing by creating a state of Israel after World War II, but they forgot that it was My Dad who created Israel in the first place, and it was He who allowed Caesar to destroy it 40 years hence after I hath ascended to Heaven.

But verily I say unto you that the actions of these Likudists who say they are Jews, but do not keep the Commandments, are the actions of racists. Consider what they hath done to the Palestinians, and compare that to what was done in South Africa. Or what was done in thine own country to those who ye brought in chains from Africa, or the Lamanites whom ye slaughtered almost unto extinction.

The Son of Man does not abide racism.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WAR
      I shared a locker with a black kid in high school for one year, and got along great with him.
      And this one time, at band camp...
      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

I never went to band camp, but I did play a clarinet for a few months. I gave up because it just didn't seem as cool as playing a saxaphone.

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
          As the King of the Jews, I can say that FORD hath no contempt for My people, but for the evil ideology of the Likud heretics who claim to speak for Israel.

The United Nations thought they were doing the right thing by creating a state of Israel after World War II, but they forgot that it was My Dad who created Israel in the first place, and it was He who allowed Caesar to destroy it 40 years hence after I hath ascended to Heaven.

But verily I say unto you that the actions of these Likudists who say they are Jews, but do not keep the Commandments, are the actions of racists. Consider what they hath done to the Palestinians, and compare that to what was done in South Africa. Or what was done in thine own country to those who ye brought in chains from Africa, or the Lamanites whom ye slaughtered almost unto extinction.

The Son of Man does not abide racism.
          FORD, the Bible predicts that Israel would come back to her rightful homeland. It's part of the end-time eschatology. You wouldn't go against the Bible, now would you?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by WAR
            FORD, even you've said or thought racist things in your life.

Your contempt for certain Jews could certainly be construed as being racist.
            Just like hating Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson makes you a racist?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by WAR
              I never went to band camp, but I did play a clarinet for a few months. I gave up because it just didn't seem as cool as playing a saxaphone.
              I guess you were profoundly influenced by this guy:

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by WAR
                FORD, the Bible predicts that Israel would come back to her rightful homeland. It's part of the end-time eschatology. You wouldn't go against the Bible, now would you?
                LOL Can I see that quote?

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
                  Before Dr. Love chooses to distort the definition of racism (for O'Really's benefit) any further, let's go ahead and and consult the American Heritage Dictionary definition of the word.

rac·ism
                  n.
                  1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
                  2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Racism is found in one's beliefs.

Clearly, O'Really believed that there is a difference between white and black people and how they behave while eating. He was surprised to learn otherwise and expressed that surprise in his report.

O'Really insinuates that whites are much more civilized than blacks. "I think black Americans are starting to think for themselves." is just one of the odd things found in his report.

So technically, yes, O'Really's views in that report are racist.
                  I cite dictionary.com as my source, and have included the definitions below. I have bolded the definitions that I am basing my argument on.

rac·ism
                  –noun

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
                  2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
                  3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

rac·ism
                  n.
                  1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
                  2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

racism

noun
                  the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races
                  2. discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race

racism

The belief that some races are inherently superior (physically, intellectually, or culturally) to others and therefore have a right to dominate them. In the United States, racism, particularly by whites against blacks, has created profound racial tension and conflict in virtually all aspects of American society. Until the breakthroughs achieved by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s, white domination over blacks was institutionalized and supported in all branches and levels of government, by denying blacks their civil rights and opportunities to participate in political, economic, and social communities.
                  Citing one interpretation of a word to base a definition in, ignoring all the rest, is, as you put it, distorting the definition. I don't argue your interpretation of the word, but I do assert that it's a very narrow definition when the term is used more in the context I framed it.

I still don't think what he had to say was racist. Simply stupid and naive. So the dude was apparently surprised that black people are just like anyone else? I believe his comments are culturally-centered. He could make the same claim about any other culture (how about rednecks?) and looked just as naive and narrowminded, but not racist. For the "think for themselves comment", it even follows with a reference to their race-based culture, as advocated by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. All his statements, so far as I can tell, are simply a naive commentary on how he perceives their culture, and I think the sections you've pointed out are examples of that.

So he thinks that others might be surprised? I stand by my initial assertion:

AMAZING
                  Last edited by Dr. Love; 09-28-2007, 06:09 PM.
                  I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                    I cite dictionary.com as my source, and have included the definitions below. I have bolded the definitions that I am basing my argument on.

Thank you for further proving my point with your nuanced definitions of racism.

"stupid and naive" are the very seeds from which racism grows.

You "think" that his comments are not rooted in racism because you failed to apply the additional data you brought to the discussion.
                    Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                      (Yes, We do get Comedy Central in Heaven.... )

<embed FlashVars='videoId=103650' src='http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>
                      The Daily Show nails it again!
                      Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Dr. Love
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
                        Thank you for further proving my point with your nuanced definitions of racism.

"stupid and naive" are the very seeds from which racism grows.

You "think" that his comments are not rooted in racism because you failed to apply the additional data you brought to the discussion.
                        I disagree. I think his comments are culturally centered and not endemic to a particular race, or else he'd blanketly be amazed by similar behaviour in black people from any country (Britain, France, Denmark, for example). However, he continually brought back that his focus was Black Americans (they were the subject of discussion, but the emphasis was there).

Stupidity and naivity are the seeds for a lot of things, not just racism.

You "think" that his comments are racist because you failed to understand the nuances that indicated a slightly different focus.

All that aside, I don't think his commentary is clear enough, and I think that printed excerpts rob any context from which the comments were made. I'm not going to definitively say his comments were based on race or culture, but I suspect the latter.

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                          I disagree. I think his comments are culturally centered and not endemic to a particular race, or else he'd blanketly be amazed by similar behaviour in black people from any country (Britain, France, Denmark, for example). However, he continually brought back that his focus was Black Americans (they were the subject of discussion, but the emphasis was there).

Stupidity and naivity are the seeds for a lot of things, not just racism.
                          You keep trying to expand the subject matter of O'Really's comments in an attempt to dilute them. He was not in Britain, not in France, not in Denmark, for example.

What "emphasis" are you talking about. Have you listened to the show?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xFKmCG1RTd0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xFKmCG1RTd0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Watch Billo feign not knowing WTF Jessie is talking about....

LMMFAO
                            Originally posted by Kristy
                            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                            Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Dr. Love
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Not yet, I will when I get some time to.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                LOL Can I see that quote?
                                Nicodemus, the references to Israel and Jeusalem being occupied by the Gentiles and then eventually again by the Jews are many within the Bible.

Ezekiel 37 describes a "valley of dry bones" from which the nation of Israel would once again rise.

Consider the image of the mass graves created by Hitler. Would this not fit Ezekiel's reference?

And I told My disciples this, regarding the Jews:

But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
                                - Me, Luke chapter 21, 23-34

But nowhere in the Word does it say that MAN is to re-create Israel. Many Orthodox Jews, in fact, believe that the state of Israel can only truly be established by the Messiah.

Which, of course, is Me. Even though many of them hath yet to accept that truth.

Comment

Working...