X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Lumbergh
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Dave in a limited role in reunion

I REALLY fucking hope this doesnt happen folks. I know a lot of the Army would be excited just having Dave back on stage with Ed, but Dave doesnt deserve to play half the set, or be the special surprise or whatever. He was at least equal with Ed (IMO he played a MORE important role...he was the leader and he influenced Ed to reach those great heights) Spammy stepped into the gig at a time when anyone would have gone over well, after the mega success of 1984. The album sales steadily declined after that, and Van Hagar can't even get radio play(when they just fucking REUNITED for gods sake!) Dave deserves better than to be an afterthought up there on stage while Spammy sits there grinning like he's the man, and they threw Dave a bone. Now I don't think for a second that this is gonna happen, as Dave wouldnt go for it..........just saying I hope it doesnt. Either it's the REAL reunion or it's nothing.
  • DLR_EngineRoom
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

It'll happen, Bill. Right after this 'False-Advertising, So-Called Reunion' is over; I'm telling you, Roth is next, very soon.
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

A full on Dave reunion, hell yeah bring it on. Just not some half assed bullshit, where we all have to sit through "Dreams" and "Shaka Dubie". Personally I don't think Ed's up to 2 hours on stage a night with Dave, as he wouldnt have the ballads to lean on when he wanted to get lazy and go on autopilot.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
        A full on Dave reunion, hell yeah bring it on. Just not some half assed bullshit, where we all have to sit through "Dreams" and "Shaka Dubie". Personally I don't think Ed's up to 2 hours on stage a night with Dave, as he wouldnt have the ballads to lean on when he wanted to get lazy and go on autopilot.
        You just save your cash, Bill. Think tshirts. Think tour program. Think new CD. Think floor seats. Think I'm kidding? Think again.

Think Roth. Think VH Reunion.

Think I'll stop this post....
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• cwsmith17
          Sniper
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
          It'll happen, Bill. Right after this 'False-Advertising, So-Called Reunion' is over; I'm telling you, Roth is next, very soon.
          Roth is never going to be back in Van Halen.

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by cwsmith17
            You are really postive huh?

Comment

• cwsmith17
              Sniper
              • Apr 2004

Would I like to see it....OF COURSE!!! But it will never happen. Ed is content with the "bare minimum." So for him Sam is fine. Money+Booze=Happiness for Eddie Van Halen and Co.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Now I don't think for a second that this is gonna happen, as Dave wouldnt go for it..........just saying I hope it doesnt.
                Real strong in your convictions huh ??

I wouldn't trust you with my pen...

Comment

• Panamark
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cwsmith17
                  Gary is in for life.
                  BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

cwsmith17, never say "never" with this band.
                    I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Dave ain't gonna half-ass anything. He didn't even let Mikey jam with his band during the Sam & Dave tour just to prove a point.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        Real strong in your convictions huh ??

I wouldn't trust you with my pen...
                        Uh I said I don't think it's gonna happen......but there's always a chance and I hope it doesnt. Did I say I hope it does..... then say I hope it doesnt? NO. You are a fucking idiot. Please actually comprehend what someone's saying before commenting just to pad your post count. Surprised you responded with more than a one word answer. HAve a great day.

Comment

• lms
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2004

IDave deserves better than to be an afterthought up there on stage while Spammy sits there grinning like he's the man, and they threw Dave a bone. Now I don't think for a second that this is gonna happen, as Dave wouldnt go for it..........just saying I hope it doesnt. Either it's the REAL reunion or it's nothing.
                          We don't always get what we deserve. We get what we take. As you said, probably won't happen because David wouldn't go for it. What could happen if Van Halen attempted to "throw David a bone"... would be that he would behave in a typical David fashion and steal the show-save the tour, and leave the other four wondering Wa Wa Zat? Surely a Dave fan like yourself would not worry about David having to compete with a faggot like Spam would you?
                          "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

Comment

• lms
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                            Dave ain't gonna half-ass anything. He didn't even let Mikey jam with his band during the Sam & Dave tour just to prove a point.
                            Several interesting comments here..first Dave ain't gonna half-ass anything-I thought that was part and parcel of his allure (you know-, all the hype about no rehersals, just pop into the studio and record..videos just being like home movies, everything just natural...fans know the words to his songs better than him?) Taking a situation and making it work like magic to his advantage. That is Dave.

He didn't let Mikey play with his band...now this one is just interesting because of how many posts you read here about how Van Halen won't let David back with them.... I guess it works both ways. (I know, I am probably going to take a beating for that one, but what the heck-its FRIDAY!.)

and finally...on the SAM AND DAVE Tour. (or do you mean DAVE and SAM tour... whose site is this anyway?) If David and Sam could tour together once, and they are both still alive to tell about it, my guess would be that it could happen again. Never say never, just not yet.
                            "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by lms
                              We don't always get what we deserve. We get what we take. As you said, probably won't happen because David wouldn't go for it. What could happen if Van Halen attempted to "throw David a bone"... would be that he would behave in a typical David fashion and steal the show-save the tour, and leave the other four wondering Wa Wa Zat? Surely a Dave fan like yourself would not worry about David having to compete with a faggot like Spam would you?
                              Compete? Dave against Sam is like Godzilla taking on a fly.......the fly(Spam) has absolutely no chance, so it aint about that bro. I would just PREFER not to have to sit through Van Hagar tunes to get to the real thing. A little aint enough for me at this point.........I want a FULL reunion.

Comment

Working...