X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR7884
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

EDDIE VAN HALEN Says Reunion Tour 'wasn't Just A One-Off Thing'

Official site of record label Elektra Music Group: Elektra Records, Fueled By Ramen, Roadrunner, Low Country Sound, Black Cement, Public Consumption, DTA Records

Denise Quan of CNN recently conducted an interview with VAN HALEN guitar legend Eddie Van Halen. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

CNN: How was it touring with David Lee Roth after all these years?

Eddie Van Halen: It was great.

CNN: No smackdowns?

Eddie Van Halen: No, no. Everything went great. It went smooth.

CNN: Is there going to be another Van Halen tour?

Eddie Van Halen: Oh, I know so. I mean, we're a band! That wasn't just a one-off thing. It's officially a band. And Wolfgang Van Halen is the bass player. Janie [Liszewski, Eddie's publicist] and I are getting married in June, and my son's going to graduate, and we'll pick it up after that. Obviously, I hope we record some new stuff. I'm writing, and just doing the same thing I always do.

Read the entire interview from CNN.com.

DLR7884
    This is good news.
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Mmmmm.......

Hope has lit a small fire in my cold, cynical heart.........
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

I posted the whole transcript of this in the CNN thread just a second ago. There is no more about Dave than what 7884 has posted.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DLR'sCock
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Well, it certainly sounds good. Hope springs eternal!

Comment

• DlocRoth
          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

AHA! It's a band! NO hired guns.......me likes.....
          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Guitar Shark
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

I'll believe it when I see it. Sorry, but EVH is anything but trustworthy these days.
            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

From The Current Rolling Stone: Van Halen To Rock On With Roth

Eddie opens up about Wolfie, his new shoes and the future of Van Halen...

BRIAN HIATT

Van Halen's tour with David Lee Roth ended last July with one final triumphant version of "Jump" — but if Eddie Van Halen gets his way, that's not going to be the end of the reunion. "We are a band — it wasn't just a one-off tour we did," says the guitarist, who plans to meet with Roth this summer to play him demos of new songs. "We had a lot of fun on the tour — Dave was a blast. And next time we go out, we're going to have some new stuff, too. I'm looking forward to getting on it." The 75-date tour, which began in September 2007, grossed more than $93 million, making it the most lucrative of the band's career.

June will be a busy month for the Van Halens: Eddie will marry Janie Liszewski, his girlfriend and publicist; and 17-year-old bassist Wolfgang Van Halen ("a permanent part of Van Halen," according to his dad) will graduate with his high school class after taking a year off for the tour. "Wolfie had it the toughest," says Eddie. "He had three or four hours of tutoring every day and then the gig." And after that, Eddie hopes to start recording what could be the band's first new studio album since 1998's Van Halen III (with short-tenured lead singer Gary Cherone) and its first with Roth in 25 years.

"I've got tons of music written, such a variety of stuff," says Eddie, who thinks some of it may surprise fans. "The essence of me is obviously there, and those drums, they're always recognizable. But people expect a certain thing from Van Halen, and this isn't exactly bang-your-head-against-the-wall stuff."

Roth is keeping busy too — he lives part time in New York, where he works as an EMT, an unlikely passion he began pursuing in 2004. His spokeswoman said he couldn't be reached for comment on his future with the band.

At the same time, Eddie is continuing his own side career as an entrepreneur: He just launched a Website, EVHgear.com, where fans can buy replicas of nearly everything he plays and wears, from his signature Wolfgang guitar, which he used on the band's last tour (upgraded over two and a half years to what he calls "NASA quality"), to Converse-style sneakers with his red-white-and-black-striped design, which he's been wearing since the Eighties. "I'm not shoving it down anyone's throat or trying to be a clothing designer," he says. "I just think my tennis shoes are cool, and I love my equipment — everything I put out is exactly identical to what I use."

[From Issue 1072 — February 19, 2009]

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Originally posted by DLR7884
                Obviously, I hope we record some new stuff.
                Typical non commital statement from Captain Fuckup.
                What I'd like to hear is ..."When all this is done, we're gonna write the best album we've done in years and tour the world."

I'm writing, and just doing the same thing I always do.
                (That's the scary part...)

What's the Ed? Sitting around noodling ,slamming back Smoking Loon when no ones looking and dreaming up more EVH products to whore out?

Like Spam Hagar ,I find it hard believing half the stuff that this guy says...

I'll believe it when I see it...
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• DLR7884
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Good things coming our way.

DLR7884
                  I can sense it.
                  DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I know everybody is skeptical, and rightfully so.....

But at least SpEd's talking, which none of them did during the tour.....

Good news.....
                    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• indeedido
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

I want to drink the Kool Aid. Really I do. It looks good. But.....
                      This space for rent.

Comment

• DLR7884
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                        I want to drink the Kool Aid. Really I do. It looks good. But.....
                        I agree with that statement, as I've been around these boards and was part of the DLRML back in 1996...however; the reunion happened and I never thought it would.

DLR7884
                        Anything is possible.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

I'm writing, and just doing the same thing I always do.

The latter is a scary thought.

Originally posted by Kristy
                          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                          Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                            I'll believe it when I see it. Sorry, but EVH is anything but trustworthy these days.
                            Prenuptial agreements work well when others cannot!

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

I agree with that statement, as I've been around these boards and was part of the DLRML back in 1996...
                              The DLRML didn't have a board till 98.

That doesn't mean you weren't participating since the Swindle by giving the site regular hits..

Comment

Working...